Backstage Magic - June 2010

Just got back and working on my trip report - but I figured I would share what many have asked on here very briefly (SPOILER ALERT):

We did get a lot of upgrades from the normal tour, including: dinner at Steakhouse 55, Breakfast at Club 33 (AHHH!), Dream Suite Tour, and World of Color Fastpasses! I want to add this important disclaimer that we were told and asked to share: these experiences are NOT happening on every Backstage Magic. So if you are planning to go again or for the first time, these are not guaranteed, but, like us, you may get lucky!!!!

Look out for my full trip report to come out sometime this week =)

WHAT A FABULOUS EXPERIENCE!

Just got back and working on my trip report - but I figured I would share what many have asked on here very briefly (SPOILER ALERT):

We did get a lot of upgrades from the normal tour, including: dinner at Steakhouse 55, Breakfast at Club 33 (AHHH!), Dream Suite Tour, and World of Color Fastpasses! I want to add this important disclaimer that we were told and asked to share: these experiences are NOT happening on every Backstage Magic. So if you are planning to go again or for the first time, these are not guaranteed, but, like us, you may get lucky!!!!

Oh please, please, please, please let the August 8th group just get Clubb 33 and the WOC fastpasses - if we could just get those two things I would be one happy, happy, happy person!

I have a question-Do you think we'll get to do this on our trip? We are going on the July Trip:confused:

I have a question-Do you think we'll get to do this on our trip? We are going on the July Trip:confused:

I HOPE you do so that we get it on our August trip!!!! Let's just all hope and say a few prayers that these changes are being made to all the trips and they just don't want the information leaked. Considering the August trip is more expensive then the fall trips - I sure hope we get some extras!

Thanks for the update!

:surfweb: I can't wait to read your Trip Report.

:goodvibes Jennifer

We did get a lot of upgrades from the nomal tour, including: dinner at Steakhouse 55, Breakfast at Club 33 (AHHH!), Dream Suite Tour, and World of Color Fastpasses! I want to add this important disclaimer that we were told and asked to share: these experiences are NOT happening on every Backstage Magic. So if you are planning to go again or for the first time, these are not guaranteed, but, like us, you may get lucky!!!!

You said it a amazing trip!!

Wishes Do Come True. I have made new friends and got to share it all with my best friend and her family as well.

No words can express how happy I was not only to ring the doorbell at club 33, but to have to honor of talking with Dave Smith and then heading back to the studios on Friday for D23 event.

So many special things happened and I know they won't happen again for the next tours as much. I thank Diana and Michael for all the special touches they added.

I'm so happy that the June 20th trip was a fantastic trip and tour! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear all the details.

I'm going on the Aug. 8th tour and would love to have the opt to eat at Club 33 and tour the Dream Suite but guess we'll just have to wait and see.

meg

It was definitely an amazing trip full of lots of great memories. We're still here enjoying a very extended vacation...Birdie leaves tomorrow morning. She and I got to enter Club 33 again this morning (just the lobby this time :rotfl:) as she discovered they gave her the wrong size shirt when we ate there last Wednesday.

Our DVC 1-bedroom is fabulous--we're on the 6th floor overlooking Paradise Pier and I'm starting to like WOC more and more each evening we see it. For those of you going on this ABD and getting WOC FPs, I'd suggest going very early if you want to get close enough to see much. Most of us on the tour showed up around 8:00 and were at the very back of our viewing area and missed quite a bit of the show because of all the heads, children on shoulders, and tall people around us.

While I don't want to hijack Adam's thread, I'm definitely happy to answer any questions anyone else has about the tour. Don't think I'm ambitious enough to do a complete trip report and with another 9 days left to my vacation, probably wouldn't remember all the details when I get home.

Here's an odd one though--there's a group on the ABD this week with only 6 people. Michael is the only guide going and we were all shocked when he told us they were still having it with that small number of people.

It was definitely an amazing trip full of lots of great memories. We're still here enjoying a very extended vacation...Birdie leaves tomorrow morning. She and I got to enter Club 33 again this morning (just the lobby this time :rotfl:) as she discovered they gave her the wrong size shirt when we ate there last Wednesday.

Our DVC 1-bedroom is fabulous--we're on the 6th floor overlooking Paradise Pier and I'm starting to like WOC more and more each evening we see it. For those of you going on this ABD and getting WOC FPs, I'd suggest going very early if you want to get close enough to see much. Most of us on the tour showed up around 8:00 and were at the very back of our viewing area and missed quite a bit of the show because of all the heads, children on shoulders, and tall people around us.

While I don't want to hijack Adam's thread, I'm definitely happy to answer any questions anyone else has about the tour. Don't think I'm ambitious enough to do a complete trip report and with another 9 days left to my vacation, probably wouldn't remember all the details when I get home.

Here's an odd one though--there's a group on the ABD this week with only 6 people. Michael is the only guide going and we were all shocked when he told us they were still having it with that small number of people.

That is pretty crazy, I am guessing that is the smallest group they have had. Wonder if it is the first time for one guide. Though I am sure Michael can handle it.

That is pretty crazy, I am guessing that is the smallest group they have had. Wonder if it is the first time for one guide. Though I am sure Michael can handle it.

:thumbsup2 Michael was one of our Guides. Since we had such a large group (44), they had to split us up into two group for parts of the tour. I believe they do it for the other "fuller" tours too. But at DL, we had to split into three groups, A Disneyland Embassador helped out and was the third Guide that day. DH and I were lucky enough to be in Michael's group. He is great and VERY knowledgeable. I was very impressed that after our first night name tags came off, he still called everyone by their first names. We gave him praises on the after trip survey. :surfweb:

We only had 8 people in our group in January and Michael was the only guide then, too. At the time, they told us that 6 or 8 is the minimum they need for an adventure. Now that ABD can't cancel a trip within 75 days (I think thats the cut off) of the start date, it might become more common.

The BSM trip is such a wonderful adventure, I can't believe it isn't full every time.

We only had 8 people in our group in January and Michael was the only guide then, too. At the time, they told us that 6 or 8 is the minimum they need for an adventure. Now that ABD can't cancel a trip within 75 days (I think thats the cut off) of the start date, it might become more common.

The BSM trip is such a wonderful adventure, I can't believe it isn't full every time.

Interesting thanks for the info. I think we had about 15 last December for the adults only tour. We thought that was a pretty small group.

:thumbsup2 Michael was one of our Guides. Since we had such a large group (44), they had to split us up into two group for parts of the tour. I believe they do it for the other "fuller" tours too. But at DL, we had to split into three groups, A Disneyland Embassador helped out and was the third Guide that day. DH and I were lucky enough to be in Michael's group. He is great and VERY knowledgeable. I was very impressed that after our first night name tags came off, he still called everyone by their first names. We gave him praises on the after trip survey. :surfweb:

He is great, we loved having him (and Jaime) on our tour. I read the trip reports your group was huge!

Heyy I went to the Backstage Magic last year and it was soooooo fun!!! I loved every part of it! my guides were awesomeas well. Disneyland was so fun and California adventure park was so much fun!! I hope you had fun!

I'm so glad that you had an awesome trip and still going! :cool1:

How many people were on the June 20th trip? I believe that the last time I spoke to ABD that my group (Aug. 8th) had already booked 35 people (11 kids ranging from 6 - 14 yrs. old) so we'll definitely have a full group.

Can you tell me which color group ABD's fastpasses were for the WOC show? I actually booked a dinner package for this show on our free night in case ABD didn't get us passes but I can cancel it if they do.

I can't remember who but believe a few people from the June group were going to see Toy Story 3 at the El Capitan. How was it? My mom and I have tickets for this our first night out in LA (we arrive 1 day early).

Thanks,

meg

popcorn::Can't wait to hear more about this trip! We are going on the July 18th trip and although I realize that we can't expect it, we would love, love, love, love, to go to Club 33. That would be heaven to us:cloud9:(son is dying to see that toilet in person!). In any event, whatever happens, we are counting down the days and want to hear more!

Which Ambassador assisted Michael and Jaime? Or, was it one of the Plaids? Yay for the Michael praises!!! I was amazed they can remember everyones names as well. Michael is one of the best!!! :goodvibes

popcorn::Can't wait to hear more about this trip! We are going on the July 18th trip and although I realize that we can't expect it, we would love, love, love, love, to go to Club 33. That would be heaven to us:cloud9:(son is dying to see that toilet in person!). In any event, whatever happens, we are counting down the days and want to hear more!

I'm right there with you about Club 33! We're also on the July 18 trip so we'll know soon enough. Can't believe it will be here in about three weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter