Bear Hugs & Piggy Kisses - Baby's 1st Trip ~ Updated 12/6: Aulani TR Started!!!

If I were that check in CM, I'd be a little skeeved out that everyone knew I was taking a long time in the bathroom! Maybe the barber should've come up with a less specific reason for her absence. Then again, everybody poops. :rotfl:

So cute to be able to get Izzy's first haircut at Disney!

Hahha I laughed at Joyce's comment because I agree, kind of weird to tell everyone that she needed so long in the bathroom! LOL!

But anyway, her first haircut was so cute! I considered booking that again for Aria but I am thinking about growing out her bangs...

And speaking of those mickey ears - Aria hated hers at first (I loved your "she finally accepted her mickey ear fate" comment lol) but has recently asked to wear them at random. They are still the only Mickey ears she has.

I'm glad that Izzy's first haircut went well! We took Rory there for his in February and it didn't go so well. Since he's a boy they used the buzzers and that was the deal breaker. I thought the haircut was a good deal though, since you get the haircut, mouse ears, certificate and the lock of hair!

Wonderful idea about changing into jammies at night. I'm already planning on using your idea of keeping him in the stroller if he's still sleeping, then moving him when he wakes up. Thanks for that :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh, what a hassle with the GC's! I know a lot of people do this, but it seems that everyone always has issues at the end. I did this once with our Disney Cruise and I remember it taking forever, but no problems.

Did they ever once ask you to fold up the stroller on the monorail? We had gone on the monorail a couple times with the stroller and never had to fold it, but it was never busy. Now that we're at a monorail resort for our entire stay, i'm curious if they'll ever have us fold it up when it gets busy.

Aw her first haircut :lovestruc I remember that day so well. He hasn't had a haircut since last October and we're thinking about schdeluing one at the MK in January, but i'm not sure if he'll sit still for that. He doesn't like me even brushing his hair.

I love her Minnie outfit! I need pink, frilly pretty things around this house :sad:

man, that did take a long time for Dug to finish the transaction - good call going for a walk, etc.

The first haircut looks like so much fun - we could just never wait but still might want to take the kids there some day. Glad Izzy did well with it - well, other than wearing the mouse ears of course

If I were that check in CM, I'd be a little skeeved out that everyone knew I was taking a long time in the bathroom! Maybe the barber should've come up with a less specific reason for her absence. Then again, everybody poops. :rotfl:
I know - I felt bad for her that he was giving that detail out. :eek: I bet they could have come up with something - every time the characters go "on break", there's an appropriate reason (i.e. - cheese break for Mickey). Made me start wondering about it while I waited - I had never thought about CMs needing to use the restroom during their shift before. Either they don't or it's usually "hidden", I guess. Made me ponder if she was pregnant or ill or something.

So cute to be able to get Izzy's first haircut at Disney!
It was a fun experience. And, so far, it's the only haircut she's had! The way she's going, she can probably get her second haircut in WDW too. :rotfl2:

Hahha I laughed at Joyce's comment because I agree, kind of weird to tell everyone that she needed so long in the bathroom! LOL!
It really was weird. I was thinking that at the time too - just uncomfortable.

But anyway, her first haircut was so cute! I considered booking that again for Aria but I am thinking about growing out her bangs...
It is a good deal, even if she just wants a little trim and/or some sparkles. I can't even comprehend growing out bangs with Izzy yet - she's still got such short hair! I grew mine out in 2nd grade and never grew them back.

And speaking of those mickey ears - Aria hated hers at first (I loved your "she finally accepted her mickey ear fate" comment lol) but has recently asked to wear them at random. They are still the only Mickey ears she has.
Izzy never wears hers, even though they're sitting out, but she does sometimes wear the Minnie ear headband from her 1st birthday party - though often around her neck and not always on her head. :rotfl:

I'm glad that Izzy's first haircut went well! We took Rory there for his in February and it didn't go so well. Since he's a boy they used the buzzers and that was the deal breaker. I thought the haircut was a good deal though, since you get the haircut, mouse ears, certificate and the lock of hair!
Oh, I bet the buzzers would have been unwelcome with Izzy. Hard to stay distracted through that! But, yeah, you do get a lot for your money there. :thumbsup2

Wonderful idea about changing into jammies at night. I'm already planning on using your idea of keeping him in the stroller if he's still sleeping, then moving him when he wakes up. Thanks for that :thumbsup2
I stole the jammies idea from other TRs, so happy to pay it forward. I found that moving her in the middle of the night worked well at that time, as she was still waking up once per night, so she was used to going back to sleep. I'd worry about it now, though, since she sleeps all night. I don't know if she'd wake up from the stroller and, if she did, I don't know if she'd settle back to sleep nicely - keep it in mind, I guess. All I know is that we determined early on in this trip that transferring her from stroller nap to PnP was a BAD idea. :sad2:

Oh my gosh, what a hassle with the GC's! I know a lot of people do this, but it seems that everyone always has issues at the end. I did this once with our Disney Cruise and I remember it taking forever, but no problems.
For some reason, this just took extraordinarily long - computers were very slow, I guess. I mean, we were walking into the lobby around 9:15am and didn't get to MK until close to 10:30, so that was pretty extreme. In August, I did the same thing and it only took 5 minutes and went smoothly (though it still felt like it was taking forever, as the trip was so short that I was impatient to go and do things). Because we get the discounts on the Gift Cards, though, it's worth it for the savings.

Did they ever once ask you to fold up the stroller on the monorail? We had gone on the monorail a couple times with the stroller and never had to fold it, but it was never busy. Now that we're at a monorail resort for our entire stay, i'm curious if they'll ever have us fold it up when it gets busy.
Nope, never needed to fold it on the monorail. Or on the Friendship Boats, for that matter. Really convenient!

Aw her first haircut :lovestruc I remember that day so well. He hasn't had a haircut since last October and we're thinking about schdeluing one at the MK in January, but i'm not sure if he'll sit still for that. He doesn't like me even brushing his hair.
His haircut pictures were SO cute! I think he enjoyed the result more than Izzy did. :rotfl: We're the same and haven't had her hair cut since - of course, Calvin has a lot more hair than Izzy. :confused3

I love her Minnie outfit! I need pink, frilly pretty things around this house :sad:
Thanks! Maybe you can convince Calvin to wear some pretty things. :rotfl2: Izzy has a pair of boys' Buzz Lightyear pajamas that she is quite fond of, so maybe it goes both ways. :confused3

man, that did take a long time for Dug to finish the transaction - good call going for a walk, etc.
Really glad I took that walk. Made the wait far more enjoyable, at least for me and Izzy. I love exploring new paths.

The first haircut looks like so much fun - we could just never wait but still might want to take the kids there some day. Glad Izzy did well with it - well, other than wearing the mouse ears of course
What, you didn't get Emma's hair cut on your trip?! :lmao: It's a memorable way to do the first haircut, that's for sure. And you get tormented with mouse ears too! Dug has gotten his hair cut there a couple times (as an adult) and it's been a good experience for him too.

So, as you may recall, we had missed our FP+ time for talking Mickey. I think we had tried to change it, but had no luck. Given that this was our only chance and we didn’t have much time in the MK before leaving, we did what any self-respecting parents would do: plead our case to the CMs. (At least, Dug has a vague memory of that and I have no memory of it, but don’t know how else we would have gotten in). So, even though we were like an hour or so late, some kind souls apparently took pity on us and allowed us into the FP+ line. Yay for pixie dust! pixiedust:

Looks like Dug took some pictures of the queue decorations:

Izzy was enjoying the décor:

Also, she is holding a little ornament card in her hand that the CMs were giving out.

More décor:

Almost there (and eating the card):

One more shot of the surroundings:

So, here’s where it gets fun. I mentioned that Izzy was calling “Hi!” to the characters in the Disney Visa area – well, she was doing it again here. And I got a couple incidences on video. These both just crack me up, hearing her little enthusiastic baby voice :lmao: :

(click to watch)

(click to watch)

And, soon enough, it was Izzy’s turn to go talk to Mickey:

Not too sure about being held back from Mommy by Mickey…

Bye, Mickey:

It was a great meet and I’m glad we were able to do it. Plus, I have video of it:

(click to watch)

You can really see that she gets anxious once Mickey has her instead of Mommy. But she did pretty good, I think.

When we left, it was straight into the gift shop, of course. I was carrying Izzy. First thing she saw, right in front of us, was a giant bin full of Mickey plushes. I swear she looked at them with big eyes and said, “Oh, WOW!” I’m sure she wanted to swim in them, so I quickly made my way to the exit with her:

Up next: A snack and It’s a Sleepy World.

Love the updates!!! We had our LO's first haircut on this past trip! It's a fun experience! Our DD loved the pixie dust, and I think we will make that a new tradition for her! Too bad Izzy couldn't appreciate the hat, but how adorable for pics! :) mine wouldn't wear it either, didn't want to ruin her pixie dust do!!! ;)

Izzy is just too cute! I love all the videos you share. Her voice is so sweet.

Glad you were able to avoid the stickers for her haircut. :rotfl: That one made me smile. I know you had a concern with it! I don't think either of my boys cared for those Mickey ears. Andrew still won't wear them! Awesome that you were able to get her first haircut at Disney though. Such a sweet memory!

Love the pics of Izzy in her pajamas at EPCOT. So cute!

I'm a little late, but.. Happy Birthday to Izzy! How is she two already? She looks so much older in those picture. The pic of her watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with Olaf is adorable.

AWww soooo adorable. (can't watch the videos at work but loved the photos). It is so funny how young she is here now that i know her as a 2 year old! Speaking of which I can't wait to start working on our June mini TR!

The huge pile of mickey plushes does not get old. We spent a good amount of time in there between Tink & Mickey on the last trip :rotfl:

I'm so glad that you guys talked your way into meeting Mickey! Izzy seemed to really enjoy meeting him - so cute!

I think Izzy did great with talking Mickey - I mean, I find him a little creepy so I can only image what he looks like to a toddler. I mean, proportion-wise it would be like a 22 foot tall mouse to us :lmao:

Dug looks really into it in that family picture :thumbsup2

Love the updates!!! We had our LO's first haircut on this past trip! It's a fun experience! Our DD loved the pixie dust, and I think we will make that a new tradition for her! Too bad Izzy couldn't appreciate the hat, but how adorable for pics! :) mine wouldn't wear it either, didn't want to ruin her pixie dust do!!! ;)
Thanks! Oh, cool that you did your DD's haircut there too! We didn't do the pixie dust, but I bet your DD loved it at her age. Any pictures? I bet she was adorable.

Izzy is just too cute! I love all the videos you share. Her voice is so sweet.
Hey, you are around! - I have a picture of "your girl" in the next update! :goodvibes It's so funny to hear her voice there, as she was just starting to talk - it's so different than it is now - it's like she didn't really know how to use her voice properly yet back then. Pretty cute, though.

Glad you were able to avoid the stickers for her haircut. :rotfl: That one made me smile. I know you had a concern with it! I don't think either of my boys cared for those Mickey ears. Andrew still won't wear them! Awesome that you were able to get her first haircut at Disney though. Such a sweet memory!
Yay for avoiding the stickers (though they were on that booster she sat in, but I ignored that pretty well). Izzy walked up to me today wearing her Minnie ear headband, but she still doesn't ever wear the Mickey ears. Oh, well.

Love the pics of Izzy in her pajamas at EPCOT. So cute!
Turned out pretty sweet! That was such a perfect night!

I'm a little late, but.. Happy Birthday to Izzy! How is she two already? She looks so much older in those picture. The pic of her watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with Olaf is adorable.
Thanks! I cannot believe she's already two. I know you said many times in your TRs how fast time flies by and how fast they grow and now I'm experiencing it first-hand. Blink of an eye and a year goes by. Crazy!

AWww soooo adorable. (can't watch the videos at work but loved the photos). It is so funny how young she is here now that i know her as a 2 year old! Speaking of which I can't wait to start working on our June mini TR!
Aw, thanks - check out the videos when you have a chance, they're quick. The "Oh, BOY!" in the second one still cracks me up. :rotfl2: I know, she's so little in these updates - I'm used to the 2-year-old Izzy now too, obviously, so it's so funny to be doing these updates with tiny baby Izzy who barely knew how to walk. I'm excited to work on June too (once you're back from October, of course :rotfl:). I'm really pushing to get this one done soon - only a few more updates to go!

The huge pile of mickey plushes does not get old. We spent a good amount of time in there between Tink & Mickey on the last trip :rotfl:
Yeah, I suppose you saw them a few times. Her reaction on that first visit really caught me by surprise, though, as I had no idea she could say, "Oh, wow!" :lmao:

I'm so glad that you guys talked your way into meeting Mickey! Izzy seemed to really enjoy meeting him - so cute!
I'm so glad we got in - that meet was really memorable. We had a great time this last August with him too (though quite different).

I think Izzy did great with talking Mickey - I mean, I find him a little creepy so I can only image what he looks like to a toddler. I mean, proportion-wise it would be like a 22 foot tall mouse to us :lmao:
:rotfl2: Yeah, I suppose he is a giant to her. No wonder she was a bit freaked out when he held her and Mommy backed off.

Dug looks really into it in that family picture :thumbsup2
Yes, he's not dramatic at all, right? :confused3 :lmao:

Awww, Izzy's first haircut...so sweet! Barbara has cut Paxton's hair before, I think it was the one we did on his 3rd birthday trip. We have never had a bad experience at the Harmony Barber Shop and they always do the best haircuts! She looked so cute in her ears once she gave up and accepted her fate.

I am glad she did so well with talking Mickey! That's a nice little bit of magic for the last of your park time.

I'm glad the CM let you guys into the FP line! It's such a relief when CMs are accommodating to families with young children.

I love Izzy's outfit! That skirt/bottom is too adorable. :goodvibes

Haha, yeah Izzy looked a little uneasy with Mickey holding her. She had that face like, "Mickey, I like you, but not enough to be left alone with you!":lmao:

Awww, Izzy's first haircut...so sweet! Barbara has cut Paxton's hair before, I think it was the one we did on his 3rd birthday trip. We have never had a bad experience at the Harmony Barber Shop and they always do the best haircuts! She looked so cute in her ears once she gave up and accepted her fate.
Yep, first and only haircut! Barbara was pretty good. Nothing particularly memorable, but nothing bad. Yes, the ears suited her well. (Once she got over this: :earseek: Ha, I just discovered that smilie and had to use it!) Today, she voluntarily put on her Minnie ear headband (as close as she'll get to wearing ears) while she watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so that's progress, I guess. :rotfl:

I am glad she did so well with talking Mickey! That's a nice little bit of magic for the last of your park time.
It was really nice to get that in on our last day! Seems like a good final character meet. ::MickeyMo

I'm glad the CM let you guys into the FP line! It's such a relief when CMs are accommodating to families with young children.
I agree. I think it was the fact that our check-out took so long and delayed us that helped - something out of our control and our last day, so no way to make up for it. pixiedust:

I love Izzy's outfit! That skirt/bottom is too adorable. :goodvibes
Thanks. It's a little dress that we've had forever - can't remember where/when we got it - maybe before she was born? :confused3 I remember her giant creepy doll wore it for quite some time until Izzy got big enough for it. :rotfl:

Haha, yeah Izzy looked a little uneasy with Mickey holding her. She had that face like, "Mickey, I like you, but not enough to be left alone with you!":lmao:
That is exactly what it was! :thumbsup2 I was afraid she was going to start crying and struggling to get away, since that face looked like a pre-cursor to it. Luckily, she must have liked Mickey just enough to tolerate things.

After our magical meet with Mickey, we made our final trek down this path towards the castle:

We needed a snack, seeing we had a breakfast of caramels, so we stopped in at Casey’s and got some corn dog nuggets:

Izzy had some milk:

We were still within our 11:05-12:05 window for It’s a Small World, so we headed that way. We were excited to have Izzy ride this, as I figured she’d love it, as most babies/toddlers seem to, and it had been closed for our whole trip for a refurb. We got over to the stroller parking lot and guess what we saw? Our little travel companion had conked out! Well, she’d wake up when we got her out of the stroller, right? Ha ha:

Holding the little bobble-head out, in an attempt to wake her, as we walked through the queue:

Still no luck:

Time to pass her off to Dug:

Yeah, that totally didn’t wake her up either. :rotfl2: She was so ridiculously tired, it was just hysterical! We were sure she would wake up any moment, but she just slept through everything. Finally, just as we were about to get on the boat, we got her at least semi-awake and the promise of a boat ride was enough to keep her eyes open. Sleepy, but intrigued:

Here we go:

She really enjoyed just looking around at everything:

Hey, look, jc040404, it’s “your girl”, minus her friend:

I guess the clock was going as we came out:

So, I would imagine it was noon. Which meant we had about an hour until our Magical Express ride. And a 12:10-1:10pm FP+ for Splash Mountain, which I had not been able to ride yet. And we had to have lunch. Clearly, there was only one solution – split up. Dug and Izzy should go back to the Poly and grab some lunch for us from Captain Cook’s while I power-walked my way back to use that Splash FP+. I guess we like to push our luck with the Magical Express. :rolleyes1 We parted ways here, at the stroller parking area:

Up next: The last hour of our time at WDW. :sad1:

Talk about getting every last second in! I love it!!! But I couldn't do it lol you guys are awesome!

Bahaha love bobble head babies! Figures you can't wake her when you WANT her awake. But try and transfer her from a stroller and she's ready to party. Lol

And dang you guys are cutting it close! Lol we always aim to leave the park an hour before we are getting picked up and I'm always just a bit nervous.

Haha, Izzy was one tired baby. She did NOT want to wake up. I'm glad she did, though, and that she got to experience Small World for the first time. I mean, there's some iconic rides that you just have to go on with a baby, and that's one of them.

Hmmm, sounds like ominous foreshadowing with the Magical Express comment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter