Becky & Jason's Fairy Tale wedding 9/3/11 on Long Island - *complete*

Okay, now that I've gotten two major papers done and I only have one left (and I'm writing it on Harry Potter, yay!), it's time to get back to the TR!

Day 7 - Epcot, Again!

We spent another day in Epcot but slept in for a bit. Our plan was to spend the whole day at the World Showcase, since we hadn't really seen it on the other day that we were there. So we arrived around 10:30, rode Figment, then headed into the World Showcase. We started in Canada. For some reason I ALWAYS start there! To start in Mexico would seem backwards to me! It is so beautiful in the gardens back there!

P1000603.jpg

We watched the little movie (which Jason really enjoyed) and visited the gift shop before moving on to the UK, where we also explored the shops.

Then it was time for lunch in France! We had a noon reservations for Chefs de France. It was pretty empty when we were seated:

P1000614-1.jpg

It was a decent lunch - you can read my dining review if you want to know more. Jason loved it, I was just eh about it, but we both agreed that the creme brulee for dessert was excellent! We also got to meet "the chef," Remy, who was pretty adorable!

P1000621-Copy-1.jpg

We actually spent a lot of time in France, what with lunch, visiting all of the shops, and going to see the movie there. We also started the Wine Walk at the wine shop in France. If you're not familiar you pay $20 and get wine samples at three different countries (a total of 6 samples). Here's the tasting we got in France:

P1000629-1.jpg

Being a cat lover, of course I also had to wait to meet Marie!

P1000628.jpg

We continued to go through the rest of the countries, checking out the shops, movies, anything really since we had so much time. It was cool to explore some of the lesser known places that we don't usually have the time to see! We tried the rest of the wines in Italy and Germany. The Rosa Regale in Italy was by far our favorite! It was sweet and delicious.

In Germany we also had to stop here:

P1000651-1.jpg

We had the dark chocolate covered strawberries drizzled in caramel. These were amazing! We also tried to school bread in Norway's bakery, that was quite good as well. Rode Maelstrom and the boat ride in Mexico. While we were in Mexico we got a picture with Donald Duck in his sombrero!

Photo0133FourBySix.jpg

Finally, after making our way around to all of the countries, we headed over for our dinner reservations at Akershus. We got to meet Belle in her ball gown, so that was pretty cool. I don't have a picture because it's one that they take in the beginning before you're seated and then print copies for you, so I don't have a digital copy right now.

The food was pretty good here! I really enjoyed my salmon dish and Jason loved the appetizer buffet. We met all of the same princesses that were at Cinderella's Royal Table: Cinderella, Belle in the beginning, Snow White, Aurora, and Ariel.

P1000668-1.jpg

P1000670.jpg

I actually find the princess interaction a bit boring as they usually just said Congratulations, took a picture, and moved on with us. But the ones that had interesting things to say were a lot of fun! Belle invited us to the next ball that she and the Beast were throwing, and Cinderella said she loved my skirt and asked if I had mice make it for me. ;)

We thought about staying for Illuminations again, but we were tired and we'd already seen it the other night, so we decided to head back. I did get a really nice pic of the sunset at the world showcase:

P1000675.jpg

We also stopped at a photopass photographer to get some night shots in Epcot. The first photographer we went up to was having camera issues, she tried to fix them and we stayed and talked with her for about 15 minutes, she was super friendly. She couldn't fix the problem though so she eventually passed us on to someone else.

Photo0139FourBySix.jpg

-I think I usually start in Canada. I don’t really know though!
-I haven’t seen the Canada movie since I was, like, 9 and my grandparents made me watch ALL of the movies. (Can we tell how bored 9 year old Jackie was?!)
-I keep forgetting to read your dining review, but I love Chefs de France! And Remy is sooo cute.
-I REALLY like Akershus. I wanted to go again for our honeymoon, but I just couldn’t figure out a time/place to fit it in! Oh well.
-Umm… so when is the ball with Belle? Can I come as your plus one?
-Awww I love that last pic. So cute! :lovestruc

-I always seem to neglect the world showcase so in December DF and I are going to spend some time there.
- I love the picture with marie after i saw it I started singing scales and arpeggios
-your trip is making me want to do photopass pictures for our december trip I already told DF
-meeting remy is awesome DF would love that

I can not wait to read some more!

Teresa

-I think I usually start in Canada. I don’t really know though!
-I haven’t seen the Canada movie since I was, like, 9 and my grandparents made me watch ALL of the movies. (Can we tell how bored 9 year old Jackie was?!)
-I keep forgetting to read your dining review, but I love Chefs de France! And Remy is sooo cute.
-I REALLY like Akershus. I wanted to go again for our honeymoon, but I just couldn’t figure out a time/place to fit it in! Oh well.
-Umm… so when is the ball with Belle? Can I come as your plus one?
-Awww I love that last pic. So cute! :lovestruc

The Canada movie is much improved - I don't know when they changed it, but they added in Martin Short and tried to make it a bit more comical. Kind of cheesy, but DH loves that sort of humor!

And hmm.. Belle still hasn't contacted me about that ball! I'm expecting an invitation any day now... :rotfl:

-I always seem to neglect the world showcase so in December DF and I are going to spend some time there.
- I love the picture with marie after i saw it I started singing scales and arpeggios
-your trip is making me want to do photopass pictures for our december trip I already told DF
-meeting remy is awesome DF would love that

I can not wait to read some more!

Teresa

Definitely spend some time in the World Showcase, I love it! The shops are really fun to go through, and the places that have snacks are good to try.
Photopass worked out really well for us, we made sure to get as many pictures as we could!

So first just a little personal update: Jason and I are going to a shelter this weekend that's having an adoption event to look for a kitten to adopt. Fingers crossed that we find a nice one :)

We're also getting our Christmas tree tomorrow! We were debating between a real one and a fake one but decided to go live... we asked our landlord how to dispose of it and the response was great: she said when we're done just throw it over the balcony! Just make sure there aren't any people below ;) So we decided we had to get a live tree just for fun of throwing it over the balcony!

Anyway, on to the TR! Our last day in the parks :(

Day 8 - Magic Kingdom

This day we went back to the Magic Kingdom, partly because there were EMH which would mean it was open until midnight! We slept late, had lunch at the POR food court, and then headed to MK. It was cool to see that they had put up a bunch of the Halloween decorations!

P1000680.jpg

We also bumped into some sort of street performance!

P1000683.jpg

Once we were there we hit up all of the rides we didn't get to do the first day we were there, and then some repeats. We went on the Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room, some of the fantasyland rides we hadn't tried, and a few others. We did Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor again, and this time Jason was one of the "featured" people in the show. He got to "be" Randall when they were re-telling the plot of Monsters Inc. :lmao: It was really funny. I also wanted to ride Splash Mountain again, but every time we walked by it they were closed. This day was way more hot and crowded than any other day so Splash Mountain would have felt really nice!

Since we'd mostly done all the rides we wanted to do we could spend our time however we wanted. So even though the line was a bit long we decided to wait to meet Aladdin and Jasmine! They were nice, and we also had fun chatting with the woman and her daughter that were waiting just behind us. I also thought it was cool that the actor playing Aladdin spoke Spanish - he was able to interact with some children that only spoke Spanish right in front of us, and I think they were really excited they could actually talk to him in their own language!

Photo0143FourBySix.jpg

We went to dinner at Tony's Town Square, which was decent Italian food. I love the Lady and the Tramp theme!

P1000691.jpg

I had the Shrimp Scampi, which was pretty good. It was nice, if not one of the more special restaurants we ate at during the week. After dinner we did some more rides, including finally getting on Splash Mountain several times! We also took the railroad around for a leisurely ride, and as we did we got to see a rainbow. So beautiful :goodvibes Funny because it hadn't rained that day.

P1000698.jpg

We were wandering around Tomorrowland when the guy working at the Speedway saw our bride/groom ears and asked us if we wanted to go to the front of the line. We hadn't really planned on doing the speedway but we figured why not? He told us there was one "catch," and that was that we had to put a sign on the back of our car. It was a Just Married sign and it was so adorable! The guy took our picture for us and everything before we took off - turns out I'm a pretty terrible driver on the speedway!

P1000699-1.jpg

We rode Space Mountain again and soon it was time for the fireworks. We were then staying for EMH. Right after the fireworks we were able to meet up with Kristi (Kristilyn on the boards here!) and Brian! They had just arrived and spent the day at Epcot at the Florida Project vinylmation event. We talked vinylmation for a little while and Kristi was even able to get me a Florida Project Pooh! :woohoo:

We went on several rides with them before deciding that we were all exhausted and needed to go to bed! It was great to spend some time with them and to finally meet Kristi! They were so much fun to hang out with and kept us constantly laughing. :hug:

P1000702.jpg

-Ha! Throwing a tree over the balcony sounds like a lot of fun!
-Awww I am so sad the honeymoon is almost over. ☹
-Wow! Who knew that Aladdin spoke Spanish!
-Ha! I love the sign. So neat.
-You got to meet Kristi?!?! JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!! (And I’m jealous that Kristi got to meet you!!!!)

-Ha! Throwing a tree over the balcony sounds like a lot of fun!
-Awww I am so sad the honeymoon is almost over. ☹
-Wow! Who knew that Aladdin spoke Spanish!
-Ha! I love the sign. So neat.
-You got to meet Kristi?!?! JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!! (And I’m jealous that Kristi got to meet you!!!!)

I'm sad too - and sad that my PJ/TR is almost over!! I don't know what I'll do when I have no reason to post on the Weddings section of the DIS every few days :(

Just read through your PJ and wanted to say that you guys are so cute! I love that your DH loves to take the goofy, silly, and funny photopass pictures (mine is the same way). Your honeymoon looked like fun! I can't wait to go back to Disney. I'm sorry to hear about the little kitten. It's sad when they start out with a disease...their lives are cut so short.

Just read through your PJ and wanted to say that you guys are so cute! I love that your DH loves to take the goofy, silly, and funny photopass pictures (mine is the same way). Your honeymoon looked like fun! I can't wait to go back to Disney. I'm sorry to hear about the little kitten. It's sad when they start out with a disease...their lives are cut so short.

Thanks! The Honeymoon was tons of fun, now I only have to wait about 500 days until the next trip... :rotfl: Thanks also for your concern about the kitten. It is sad, but we are going to look at some more kittens tomorrow so fingers crossed we find one!

Christmas!

Okay, so not Wedding/TR related, but I know some others were posting Christmas pictures so here are our decorations!

Some of my paper snowflakes:

P1000892.jpg

I posted these on Teresa's PJ but in case you didn't see them, here's one of the Star Wars snowflakes I did:

P1000866.jpg

My Christmas "village" (Okay, it's only got two buildings, but what else do you really need besides a post office and a theatre? ;) )

P1000895.jpg

Some decorations, including the Christmas countdown and the pottery I painted at Color Me Mine:

P1000907.jpg

And... our tree! We decided to go with a real tree, and I love it:

P1000898.jpg

Here are some highlights of the ornaments:

Got this one on the honeymoon!

P1000899.jpg

Our first Christmas ornament my parents gave us last weekend:

P1000900.jpg

We also got a set of Disney ornaments:

P1000901.jpg

And because I know there are some Harry Potter fans out there, here's the Harry Potter/Dumbledore ornament I got last year!

P1000903.jpg

Wedding Video!

So we didn't have a videographer - we just didn't have the budget for it. But the church records their services every Sunday, and was able to record our wedding as well! It's not super quality and the camera is fixed, so it doesn't move (you don't see me walking down the aisle), but to still have something at least is really awesome! If you're interested you can see it here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17048748

Kittens!

So off-topic, but Jason and I were finally able to adopt some kittens! We found a shelter that hosted adoptions at a Petsmart and went to visit them. We fell in love with a sweet little kitten, only to be told she was being adopted by someone else. So we began visiting with the other kittens, but this one just kept coming over and jumping in our laps and being adorable. Then a few minutes later a woman from the shelter came in saying that the person planning to adopt her canceled! So we immediately filled out an application. They did have a policy that you need to adopt two kittens, so we picked out another one as well, that they said got along with the girl really well.

We were approved really quickly and I went to pick them up yesterday! We named the girl Luna - she is still a complete sweetheart and the reason why I am updating my PJ right now... she has settled into my lap for a nice long nap so I can't get up without disturbing her! :rotfl: The boy, Merlin, is a bit more shy/stand-offish. He is okay with Jason but seems to dislike me - it may be because I was the one that "forced" him into the carrier and made him ride in a car, which cats don't like. We'll see.

They LOVE the Christmas tree. Merlin is good about just sitting under it, but Luna has attacked the ornaments a few times. And they've both tried to eat the pine needles, which I'm sure can't be good! We have to start "training" them, at least to the extent that you can train cats! :rotfl2:

Here are some pictures. I have more but they are still on my camera, which is in the living room and I can't get it because of the kitten in my lap! :)

Luna:

P1000917.jpg

Merlin:

P1000923.jpg

Two kitties under a tree:

P1000926.jpg

If you want to see the rest of the adorable pictures (and many more to come, I'm sure!) friend me on facebook, because I'll be posting tons there! And I always love to have new facebook friends!

I know I commented on facebook already, but your kitties are SO sweet. Did you name her (him?) Luna after the cat on Sailor Moon?? :goodvibes

Awww I love the pictures of your tree and of course all of the Disney ornaments and the HP one!! :)

Those snowflakes you made are awesome! I would be curious to know how you did the Star Wars one!!

Your kitties are adorable!! :) Love them!! I was gonna guess Luna- from HP, Luna Lovegood! Only cause you have Merlin- which is also a wizard! :)

Becky,

Congrats on being adopted by 2 lovely felines. As a furmom of 3 almost 9 year old brothers, I can tell you, that you are in for many years of fun and happiness. They are lovely! Kittens do much better in pairs, so I am always happy to see shelters adopt them out that way.

Don't worry about Merlin! He will come around. One of ours, Ozzie, didn't want to be touched for the longest time after we brought him home. Took him years to completely warm up and trust us, but now he is the sweetest, most loving cat of the 3 (and they are all loving). He is asleep on my legs right now, so I am trapped too! He also sleeps on me all night long. Give Merlin some space and time and once he sees how good his sister has it, he will want some of that too! ;)

If you have any kitten questions, feel free to ask. I envy you kittenhood. Enjoy it! Having 2 does tend to prolong kitten hood, so you are lucky there. I just posted our boys and their adoption story on my pj, if you are interested.

Luna, as in Lovegood? Big Harry fan too!

Love the snowflakes! Very elaborate, especially the Stormtroopers. Very cool.

Headed to fb now, so I can see more kittens!

Just got all caught up now :goodvibes

The kitties are ADORABLE and I love the names! Harry Potter AND Arthurian-inspired? Win!

I love all the pics and the TR, especially of the food! I have your food review open in another tab and I'm about to start in on that. Too bad I can't reach through the screen! :rotfl:

I know I commented on facebook already, but your kitties are SO sweet. Did you name her (him?) Luna after the cat on Sailor Moon?? :goodvibes

Actually, as others have guessed, it was actually after Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter! It's funny but I never made the sailor moon connection until you mentioned it!

Awww I love the pictures of your tree and of course all of the Disney ornaments and the HP one!! :)

Those snowflakes you made are awesome! I would be curious to know how you did the Star Wars one!!

Your kitties are adorable!! :) Love them!! I was gonna guess Luna- from HP, Luna Lovegood! Only cause you have Merlin- which is also a wizard! :)

The Star Wars snowflakes I did using a pattern, from this website: http://mattersofgrey.com/diy-star-wars-snowflakes/

Thank you! Yes, we have two magical kittens!

Becky,

Congrats on being adopted by 2 lovely felines. As a furmom of 3 almost 9 year old brothers, I can tell you, that you are in for many years of fun and happiness. They are lovely! Kittens do much better in pairs, so I am always happy to see shelters adopt them out that way.

Don't worry about Merlin! He will come around. One of ours, Ozzie, didn't want to be touched for the longest time after we brought him home. Took him years to completely warm up and trust us, but now he is the sweetest, most loving cat of the 3 (and they are all loving). He is asleep on my legs right now, so I am trapped too! He also sleeps on me all night long. Give Merlin some space and time and once he sees how good his sister has it, he will want some of that too! ;)

If you have any kitten questions, feel free to ask. I envy you kittenhood. Enjoy it! Having 2 does tend to prolong kitten hood, so you are lucky there. I just posted our boys and their adoption story on my pj, if you are interested.

Luna, as in Lovegood? Big Harry fan too!

Love the snowflakes! Very elaborate, especially the Stormtroopers. Very cool.

Headed to fb now, so I can see more kittens!

Thanks for your insight! I love them as kittens, they are so playful, curious, and cuddly :) Merlin is slowly coming round... he has a nice spot on the couch that he has claimed and sleeps there often, and will allow me to pet him while he sits there :goodvibes If I have any questions I will let you know, thank you!

And I'm going to check out your PJ to read about your boys!

Or is it Luna Lovegood?

Either way.. they're both ADORABLE and I :love::love::love: their names!

Yup, Luna Lovegood! :goodvibes

Just got all caught up now :goodvibes

The kitties are ADORABLE and I love the names! Harry Potter AND Arthurian-inspired? Win!

I love all the pics and the TR, especially of the food! I have your food review open in another tab and I'm about to start in on that. Too bad I can't reach through the screen! :rotfl:

Thank you! It took us awhile to come up with good names but I'm pretty happy with them!

Hope you enjoy my food report too :)

EEK! Your kitties are so cute, congrats on becoming a cat-mommy! :goodvibes Apparently I missed the album on facebook, so I'll have to go look now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter