Bsod?!?Closed, VMK Down 2-2-07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good grief! Stupid me, I should've known to come here before I flipped out. The game loaded for me a bit ago (2x), but then it was just a black screen. Went to the Shockwave site, it said I had already downloaded everything and to uninstall and reinstall. Did that, and then it wouldn't let me reinstall it (it said something about fatal errors and file damage :eek: ). So I had to do a system restore to set my computer back to a point from last week. Shockwave's back, but now the game doesn't even load. And I'm sitting here flipped out because I thought my computer had gone caput for good.

I think I need a hug. :sad:

Does anyone think they will every get it ironed out to where there are only a few glitches a year? Do they need to slow down and perfect what they have before introducing a boat load of new ideas, styles, program changes, inventories, etc? I'm not sure what the answer is, but something has to change here...:sad1:

I agree. It's obvious there are some growing pains going on. They definitely need to work on the persistent problems they are having before doing anything new. If this trend continues of the site going down, items only being offered for one day and too bad if the site crashes, Host events and quests repeatedly crashing the site, etc. I think people are going to get completely fed up and give up on VMK. There's only so much frustration a person can deal with. I play my computer games to relax and have fun. This isn't relaxing and no way is it fun. :headache:

I've sent a couple of messages to the Black Hole today over this. One that they should really take a look at what they need to work on so these problems aren't a common occurrence. The second that they need to offer the feather mask again for those who can't buy it because the site is down. They need to do the right thing.

OT:
Anyone watch Monk tonight?
"It's a Jungle out there"

I'm a week behind. Was watching last week's episode on On Demand earlier.

Someone mentioned watching Haley turn into a leprechaun earlier and now all I can think of is the Lepper episode and lepper cons.

OK, are they going to keep it open a few hours later to make up for our loss? :lmao: :rotfl2:

Oh no! I think when all the problems I had happened, something really did happen to my files. It's just a black screen for me, no loading bar or logo, nada. This happened before and days went by before I got back in the game.

No mask for me, I guess. :sad1:

i think its Halelujah, but then Im not good at spelling EVERYTHING you know ;)

Oh no! I think when all the problems I had happened, something really did happen to my files. It's just a black screen for me, no loading bar or logo, nada. This happened before and days went by before I got back in the game.

No mask for me, I guess. :sad1:

try uninstalling and reinstalling flash and shock wave.

I am in, and I am going to beat the snot out of the gator that started the whole mess today ;).

Waits patiently for the "Grumpy broke VMK" rumors to start again :lmao:
I'll take that as a confession... thanks grumpy for breaking VMK.... again :lmao:
well now that you mentioned it VMK HAS been a little unstable since they added GNOME to the dictionary!!
OMG! This has all been Grumpy's Fault? I should have known!

My husband's going to come home from work, shake his head at me and think even more seriously that I need some 12 step program for my Disney addiction.
As my signature says... Admitting you have a problem is the first step! ;)

I apologize Grumpy, i just realized that it couldn't be you. You know who it definitely was? Retalliating Groundhogs taking severe action toward VMK not acknowledging their special day! With their little teeth, they bit the main server wires in VMK HQ and are now holding Yavn and his team hostage, working for hours on Groundhog Day holiday items. Yavn and his team are being forced into making a new land completely consisting of underground tunnels/mines where the groundhog-played staff characters will force us in the game to mine virtual emeralds for the Groundhog's closest allies, Leprechauns. The Leprechauns will use the emeralds to turn VMK completely green for St. Pat's Day and therefore creating not a Virtual Magic Kingdom, but a Virtual Emerald City... which also explains the flying monkeys... see now it all makes sense
This was the funniest thing I've read all day!

Just got in to VMK!
7:38p PST - I'm in VMK!

In line for host room for a while, decide to grab VMK Pass and check out Pirates to see if anyone is there to do this "friendly pirates" thing I have not tried....

and...

VMK has crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I can only laugh at this point. Not worth getting mad. If they are having problems, I am sure they are working on fixing it.

At least I picked up a few more feather masks. ;)

try uninstalling and reinstalling flash and shock wave.

I've done that twice and it's still not working. Set my computer back to a restore point, all of it. Nothing is working for me. I just tried logging in again; still a black screen, but the bottom of it says "Downloading Xtra Package File." Now I just got an error message saying "This application requires an Xtra (Font...) that either does not exist or failed to initialize properly. Please make sure the appropriate Xtras are in the Xtras folder(s)."

What in Sam Hill does that mean? Any computer-savy people know? :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter