Can these Limited Magic events get any worse!

Perhaps we're all missing the point here...
Disney has give us the opportunity to create our own magic by keeping eachother amused by how sore this promotion really is! :rotfl2:

Don't get me wrong, i still love disney, but there are so many threads like this with the same theme. :surfweb:

I have been thinking that Limited Time Magic is their reset so that everything they do after this looks really good.

How about a "Characters we would love to eat Week".
You could have a meet and greet with Donald and then have a cart serving duck l'orange; a meet and greet with Chicken Little and a cart serving popcorn chicken; a meet and greet with Mr. Potato Head and a cart serving curly fries; or my favorite- a meet and greet with Bambi and a cart with deer sausage on a stick. Yummm!

MinnieLovesMickey said:
I'm a Phineas and Ferb fan so I'm loooking forward to Dr. Doofenschmirtz week. He will be narrating all of your favorite attractions, including Wishes, Spaceship Earth, IASW, and of course everyone's favorite transportation in the sky: The Monorail!:laughing:

Seriously, Disney dropped the ball on this year's promotion.

:laughing: :ROFL: I love Dr. D! But you would have to throw in a "Where's Perry?" thing with it.

rharper1496 said:
Someone needs to tell Disney Marketing that they already did this 2 years ago with MAC. :sad2:

Currently doing it with Urban Decay with Wizard of Oz palettes.

Many of the Disneyland offerings are similar to events that they have at the park regularly--but they are neat little events that tend to have a number of components to them (characters in special costumes, special/rare characters related to the event, entertainment, AND food and merchandise offerings). So the rebranding makes the TDA promotion look a little lazy, but the events themselves aren't bad.

Having lived 10 miles from DL for 4 years, I can tell you that DL is a much more local's park than WDW. Disneyland relies on keeping it's local guests coming back, so they change things up a lot more frequently. WDW relies on first time and world travelers more than locals. This is why Wishes hasn't changed in 8(?) years and DL's fireworks change every year. DL has new parades every 12-18 months. (This was explained to me by a 25 year CM who worked all 25 years at DL as a parade character and office worker).

Well the very first event was just fake snow outside the Canada Pavilion (with the fab 5 appearing in winter gear), and another was simply a change in the Dapper Dans Show, not all events can be huge.

Queenofspoons said:
Well the very first event was just fake snow outside the Canada Pavilion (with the fab 5 appearing in winter gear), and another was simply a change in the Dapper Dans Show, not all events can be huge.

That was several weeks in. The first event was an extended New Years celebration in early January.

I'm a Phineas and Ferb fan so I'm loooking forward to Dr. Doofenschmirtz week. He will be narrating all of your favorite attractions, including Wishes, Spaceship Earth, IASW, and of course everyone's favorite transportation in the sky: The Monorail!:laughing:

Seriously, Disney dropped the ball on this year's promotion.

LOL, Doofenshmirtz Week would definitely get my vote! And they'd have to have a "Monorail-inator" train (like the Avenger-rail or Tronorail).

All these nano-promotions would have been fun if they'd been dropped in as little surprises. Maybe it might even have brought a few people into the parks just to hunt down the latest little tweak. But they messed up by hyping it like this. They're not going to convince anyone it's worth a month's salary to see flowers on the trolley.

All these nano-promotions would have been fun if they'd been dropped in as little surprises. Maybe it might even have brought a few people into the parks just to hunt down the latest little tweak. But they messed up by hyping it like this. They're not going to convince anyone it's worth a month's salary to see flowers on the trolley.

:thumbsup2 This! I think Disney hyped it up and then didn't deliver.

I'm detecting a lot of borderline sarcasm in this thread...

Having lived 10 miles from DL for 4 years, I can tell you that DL is a much more local's park than WDW. Disneyland relies on keeping it's local guests coming back, so they change things up a lot more frequently. WDW relies on first time and world travelers more than locals. This is why Wishes hasn't changed in 8(?) years and DL's fireworks change every year. DL has new parades every 12-18 months. (This was explained to me by a 25 year CM who worked all 25 years at DL as a parade character and office worker).

During KTTK tour a few years ago - the CM told us the same thing. I think that's why the execs thought this was a good idea, a little something extra for those first time visitors and world travelers who may not be any wiser. But then what about the rest of us? As a PP poster said, maybe if it wasn't overhyped, it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

Currently doing it with Urban Decay with Wizard of Oz palettes.

OPI nail polish is also doing a color pallette for Disney's Oz which I think is way cooler than the makeup that Disney is promoting as "limited time magic". Just don't get it... :confused3

Maybe it depends on what are the country you live in, but if it wasn't for the Dis, I wouldn't have known about this promotion at all! So to me it hasn't been over-hyped, it hasn't been hyped to start with!!

The Disney web-site doesn't over-hype it either, but refers to LTM as little pixie dust moments. How are the rest of you hearing about LTM? Commercials? I haven't seen a one.

Maybe it depends on what are the country you live in, but if it wasn't for the Dis, I wouldn't have known about this promotion at all! So to me it hasn't been over-hyped, it hasn't been hyped to start with!!

The Disney web-site doesn't over-hype it either, but refers to LTM as little pixie dust moments. How are the rest of you hearing about LTM? Commercials? I haven't seen a one.

I agree. I've seen plenty of commercials for WDW and they haven't mentioned LTM at all.

I don't know about you, but I would call a large ice sculpture of the castle at Times Square along with characters hype. It was very much hyped by Disney. However, there was an immediate negative response by many on blogs and message boards. I think Disney recognized that their promotion was a dud and then started downplaying it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter