Canadian Visitors to DLR/DCL: Travel Advisory for the USA Imminent???

Our trip is not until end of April so we are not cancelling our reservations yet. If things are still bad by then we will postpone until later in the spring/early summer I guess. It is unfortunate how many will not get full refunds considering how unprecedented this entire event has become.

Our trip is the beginning of May so we are in a wait and see mode now as well. The only thing we would probably end up losing is the Airmiles used to book our flights, pretty well everything else can be cancelled with out penalty.

As for the possibility of Disneyland being closed I feel it is a distinct and real possibility. The argument that all the pass holders with various payment plans suing has has an equally valid argument that if (heaven forbid) there would be deaths real or perceived due to someone (whether they be visitor or cast member) contracting the virus from visiting Disneyland (hard to prove but you have to think someone would try to blame disney) would be not only a PR nightmare for the Happiest Place on Earth but would open them up to litigation as well.

It is a difficult time to be sure. Stay informed, remain vigilant on personal hand hygiene and stay safe.

Every day that things are canceled and more cases pop up make it feel more and more like Disney closing is a real possibility.

Certainly feels like our trip on Sunday is bound to not happen. I'm still waiting until tonight or tomorrow as I'm hoping Disney makes the decision for me, as they should.

Not sure they would just kick everyone out, but they could make an announcement late in day or do it overnight the way they suddenly raise ticket prices. Then stick a Moose out in front to tell folks "park's closed."

Oh geez! I expected 3-5 days notice. We leave in 10 days. We told the kids there’s a chance it could close. If it’s open we are going.

We canceled today. 48 hours before we were due to leave. Already started packing. It's very difficult to change gears! Sooo sad :(

Could be worse....Can you imagine if you flew in from Europe yesterday for a fantastic Princess cruise set to leave today?! That reality would be sooo shocking!

Thankfully no real $ loss to cancel everything. But we plan to reschedule for the summer, and our son may not be able to go if he can't get time off work. We have no other date option with our Hopper pass expiry dates.

Anyone think Disney may change their policy and allow refunds for Hopper tickets in light of all this?

Not sure they would just kick everyone out, but they could make an announcement late in day or do it overnight the way they suddenly raise ticket prices. Then stick a Moose out in front to tell folks "park's closed."

We used the Wally World reference with our teens last night when deciding to cancel, and they gave DH and me a blank look. Guess Vacation is next up for family movie night. Lol...

I hate to say this but I do hope they make the decision for me (and soon.) I got the impossible DVC reservation--3 nights at GC next weekend at the 2 month mark. If the park closes, I won't need to worry about the points becoming holding points.

... Anyone think Disney may change their policy and allow refunds for Hopper tickets in light of all this?
Remember that DLR tickets do not lose their monetary value, even if they expire. So you could still use your tickets for a future trip, even if you visited the parks after the tickets expire. Just take the tickets to the booths to apply them toward the purchase of new tickets. You should only have to pay the difference.

To everyone participating in this thread: This is understandably a sensitive and stressful topic for many people, so let's all try to keep our posts calm and level headed. Sharing disappointment and frustration is one thing. But this isn't a great place to vent or to go to extremes. Some people need very little to start to panic, and we really don't want to start that.
For those of you who are trying hard to post with common sense and clear heads, trying to stay positive while being realistic, thank you.

We used the Wally World reference with our teens last night when deciding to cancel, and they gave DH and me a blank look. Guess Vacation is next up for family movie night. Lol...
That could be a great idea for a staycation.

Remember that DLR tickets do not lose their monetary value, even if they expire. So you could still use your tickets for a future trip, even if you visited the parks after the tickets expire. Just take the tickets to the booths to apply them toward the purchase of new tickets. You should only have to pay the difference.

Oh i totally didn't know that - thank you! So, it's sort of like an "in store credit" even if the Hoppers are still valid? I'm a little confused why they don't mention this in the T&C... they just say "no refunds, non transferable" with an expiry date. That sounds pretty restrictive...

Oh i totally didn't know that - thank you! So, it's sort of like an "in store credit" even if the Hoppers are still valid? I'm a little confused why they don't mention this in the T&C... they just say "no refunds, non transferable" with an expiry date. That sounds pretty restrictive...
The fine print is that restrictive because shifty people try to re-sell the tickets, i.e. to scam people. So Disney has to make sure that they aren't liable for any of that. If you visit before the tickets expire, just use them as normal. If you visit after the expiration date (should be printed on the back of the tickets), take them to the ticket booths first to apply them toward the purchase of new, valid tickets. And take photos of the back of the tickets now, with clear images of the barcodes and numbers. And keep a copy of the invoice/receipt, too. Keep the photos and the invoice/receipt in a safe place as a backup, just in case you lose the tickets before you get to use them.

We leave next Thursday and we have no worries about going. It is what it is. Not saying that this isn't a problem, but in todays world media can have a very strong influence on how things play out. We just have to be responsible and make sure we do all we can to keep ourselves in good health.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter