Canadian Visitors to DLR/DCL: Travel Advisory for the USA Imminent???

We leave next Thursday and we have no worries about going. It is what it is. Not saying that this isn't a problem, but in todays world media can have a very strong influence on how things play out. We just have to be responsible and make sure we do all we can to keep ourselves in good health.

Yeah, i wasn't particularly worried about it, but actually more concerned they could close the park...or even partially close it. Once you fly there and check into your hotel, you've already shelled out a chunk of change. Too risky. And considering thr weather has been crap, there isn't even an incentive to go to get some sun. We'll be going in July now instead! After Marvel Land opens at DCA! Silver lining!

Yeah, i wasn't particularly worried about it, but actually more concerned they could close the park...or even partially close it. Once you fly there and check into your hotel, you've already shelled out a chunk of change. Too risky. And considering thr weather has been crap, there isn't even an incentive to go to get some sun. We'll be going in July now instead! After Marvel Land opens at DCA! Silver lining!

That’s a much better option! July SHOULD be warm and sunny and Marvel Land! Yay!!!!

Marvel Land is definitely the silver lining for me too! Our tickets are good to the end of the year so we might try September or even December. That said, if they close the parks and ticket refunds are available, I will take that option.

Yeah, given it's supposed to rain all next week while we're there, and the indication that lines aren't any shorter right now, plus Marvel stuff being open in July, we might reschedule to August. Just have to confirm with my partner tonight, but I think it's probably the right thing to do.

We are in Ontario planning a visit for April 12...hoping panic settles and it’s reopened 😬
All of our schools in the province are closed as well for two weeks after March Break so mine will be missing a lot of school it seems 😬

I was literally on hold with Disney Travel when the announcement happened. Shortly thereafter my line went super choppy, and I actually couldn't talk with the person well enough to cancel my hotel, so I had to try to phone back. It's still super choppy when I get to the on hold message, even trying on 2 different phones and a Skype account, so I'm assuming it's because of the load of everyone trying to cancel at once.

We haven't cancelled our trip yet but sadly it is looking more and more like that is what we are going to have to do.

Depends on a few factors but even if the parks are reopened for when we are supposed to go an organizational email I received from my work says that anyone returning from out of the country must go into 14 day quarantine with no pay even if there is no travel advisory against travel to that destination (if done after said announcement). Suffice it to say that would be the biggest factor for not going if it stays as is.

We are looking to book in November now. On a positive it looks like Airmiles is allowing flight changes with no fee being charged so we shouldn't be out the miles if we do rebook in Nov.

Stay safe everyone.

Question. We got a great deal... If we postponed our trip with plans to rebook in summer... could we then cancel in the summer and have fully refundable tickets if need be?

Question. We got a great deal... If we postponed our trip with plans to rebook in summer... could we then cancel in the summer and have fully refundable tickets if need be?

I've been wondering the same thing because we got the Canadan 25% off deal and old price of MaxPass. Are they actually offering refunds to Hopper tickets, or just credits and/or extending the expiry date?

Has anyone who purchased the recent Canadian Resident ticket offer had any success speaking with Disney on the status of their tickets? The Disney website states unused multi-day tickets are valid for future visits through January 12, 2022 however the Canadian offer says those tickets must be used by January 13, 2021.

Has anyone who purchased the recent Canadian Resident ticket offer had any success speaking with Disney on the status of their tickets? The Disney website states unused multi-day tickets are valid for future visits through January 12, 2022 however the Canadian offer says those tickets must be used by January 13, 2021.
That same link says the Canadian resident tickets must be used by January 2021, but if you used the first day from Feb 28 to March 13 and couldn't use the rest within 14 days, you are extended through December 2020.

Yes but I was hoping they'd offer to extend the tickets through to January 2022 like the other passes.

Yes but I was hoping they'd offer to extend the tickets through to January 2022 like the other passes.
I am in the same situation - would love to potentially rebook into 2021 if possible. If anyone speaks to Disney about whether they will extend the Canadian resident ticket expiry to match the other multi-day tickets to Dec 2021/Jan 2022 (specifically for DisneyLAND), please post back, thanks!

I believe that the value of the tickets never expires, so you can put that cost towards new tickets even past the currently listed expiry date. Then again, these are unprecedented times, so it's possible they will simply extend the expiry date.

I believe that the value of the tickets never expires, so you can put that cost towards new tickets even past the currently listed expiry date. Then again, these are unprecedented times, so it's possible they will simply extend the expiry date.
That's my hope as the drop in canadian dollar means I would have to pay any new price difference for the passss and the minimum 15-20% increase in the exchange rate since my original purchase. The original discount kind of made up for the US to CDN exchange rate but since all this has started it's more like 40% exchange.

If anyone speaks to Disney about whether they will extend the Canadian resident ticket expiry to match the other multi-day tickets to Dec 2021/Jan 2022 (specifically for DisneyLAND), please post back, thanks!
I would be very interested in this as well. We are hoping by Nov things will be back to normal but if not we wouldn't be able to travel till well into 2021.

That's my hope as the drop in canadian dollar means I would have to pay any new price difference for the passss and the minimum 15-20% increase in the exchange rate since my original purchase. The original discount kind of made up for the US to CDN exchange rate but since all this has started it's more like 40% exchange.

Yeah it's looking like a one year extension would be the right thing to do, considering we're gonna get royally screwed on the exchange rate. But if it's too cumbersome to officially extend expiry dates for multi-day tickets, hopefully they'll be able to do a "straight exchange" for the expired and unused ones (rather than a "return for store credit and repurchase" type of transaction).

I really hope Disney does the right thing with these passes.

We had 5 x 4 day park hopper Canadian resident tickets with Max pass.

We were at the park the 12 and 13th planning to leave on the 16th and got notice of the park closure while there on the 12th.

Called Disney last week to see what could be done as we had already paid for hotels flights etc and having to come back by Dec 15th 2020 for the same 5 people for an additional 2 days seemed unreasonable for people out of town that got caught up in this.

They said since we had already used 2 days they would charge us what a regular gate 2 day park hopper with max pass would cost and refund the difference which was $34 a ticket.

In all we spent 1804.00 US on tickets got to use half of them and were offered a refund of 170.00 or fly everyone back before Dec 15th.

I though Disney would be better than that. Will try again but as of now extremely disappointed in how they have handled people in our situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter