Cases rising or dropping by you?

I don't want to start another covid thread, but I just saw this on youtube about CDC's plan filled with COVID-exposed cruise. Passengers were interviewed by 60 minutes. It is absolutely appalling how the whole thing was handled! Not sure if I trust CDC or FDA handling anything with the vaccine!

Everything about that situation was wrong. Yes, the appropriate agency’s response was very inadequate. No question. But, so were the actions of the passengers. The reporter said some of these passengers took off masks once they got through to the airport lobbies, and some hit the food courts. That’s being irresponsible.

Yet, there are still people who would be the first onto a cruise ship when cruise lines can operate again. If it hasn’t been evident enough by now, cruise ships are one of the worst places you can be on right now.

That's a horrifying video in so many ways....:headache: First,the CDC response, the length of time they were all forced together in buses/planes with no way out, the sheer terror on the faces of those hapless cruise ship workers, the flight attendants not helping..... what a horrible thing. And then they all went their separate ways...including that plane and flight crew. OMG.

Still rising nationally where I am, and parts of the UK have different management tiers, with Wales having a controversial 2 week 'firebreak' lockdown that's caused fierce criticism due to how restrictions on 'non-essential' items are being imposed, to the detriment of people who do regard them as 'essential'.

Western NY here and our cases are rising again due to a breakout in an assisted living home. However, the good news is that testing is so advanced and fast that every resident was tested right away with the rapid 15-minute test, positives were isolated, and now 2/3 have already fully recovered or I should say received their consecutive negative tests a week later (I'm not aware if they had any symptoms or not). So we keep getting some fires, but then put them out rather quickly (thank goodness).

Schools are all doing awesome around here.....positive cases appear here and there, but seems unable to spread due to the distancing, sanitizing, and masks. We just made it through the Fall season of school sports, so now we'll see how the next round goes.

Over 5,000 new cases and 64 new deaths reported in Wisconsin, both shattering records along with hospitalizations. :sad1: It’s not even November yet - I can’t even fathom where we’ll be by December/January.

Over 5,000 new cases and 64 new deaths reported in Wisconsin, both shattering records along with hospitalizations. :sad1: It’s not even November yet - I can’t even fathom where we’ll be by December/January.

Has Wisconsin even shut down indoor dining yet?

Gov Pritzker just shutdown indoor dining, closed bars in Cook County. Chicago has no one allowed inside bars (which means probably closing because it's getting cold out), and restaurants have to close by 10. I foresee them getting rid of indoor dining soon.

Gov Pritzker just shutdown indoor dining, closed bars in Cook County. Chicago has no one allowed inside bars (which means probably closing because it's getting cold out), and restaurants have to close by 10. I foresee them getting rid of indoor dining soon.
I can’t even stay up-to-date on the orders, because any time something is issued, it’s immediately contested and there are lawsuits. Our state legislature has no concern whatsoever about any of this. There was a 25% capacity limit on bars and restaurants but nothing more than that. And I don’t even know if it stood up or if it was overturned. It is the biggest mess and no question why we’ve shot up to #11 in the country for total cases.

And he just banned indoor dining in Chicago starting Friday. Hopefully this helps and we can open a bit a again sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Pa is iffy, for a while there the ratio of positive to tests was really really high but then there was a slowdown of tests and all of a sudden things looked less dire. Lately I'm watching both the volume of tests per day in counties and the number of positives to see if there are adjustments taking place to control the optics. I WISH there was a record of the age of the people tested because THAT would be very telling.

On the flip side I've also been wondering if there are any statistics on mortality with and without ventilators. I am aware the hospitals don't want that out because they want protection from lawsuits but what if the ventilators created an artificially high mortality rate? What if death from Sars-COV-2 isn't anything like we think right now? Maybe we are better with the truth.

I don't want to start another covid thread, but I just saw this on youtube about how CDC handled a COVID-exposed cruise. Passengers were interviewed by 60 minutes. It is absolutely appalling how the whole thing was handled! Not sure if I trust CDC or FDA handling anything with the vaccine!

This wasn't the only mishandeling but it was at every single turn, it's was like everyone running things was in some kind of a daze. There was the way all the cruise passengers were held like livestock in California I think when the symptomatic were on lockdown with people who might have been fine. Then there was also the tragic error at JFK where many people were held in a giant enclosed space as they came back into the US and then the surge that followed in Queens was not exactly a shock. My son missed that catastrophe by a single day, I shudder to think about it. Check out March 15
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/15/us/airports-coronavirus.html

View attachment 535019
At first I thought this was a joke.
There is an entire thread about this. But to clarify, these are the guidelines for any non-household gathering. They are not specific to Thanksgiving/Christmas; just also put under this category because people will ask.

Also they are only recommendations. Nobody will be policing people’s houses.

CA seems to have a good handle on the virus, relative to other states and wants to keep it that way. As somebody who’s county remains tightly shut down (and has this entire time), I don’t want to see it be for nothing, so I’m ok with these recommendations. Some of the other decisions in the blueprint for reopening, not so much.

There is an entire thread about this. But to clarify, these are the guidelines for any non-household gathering. They are not specific to Thanksgiving/Christmas; just also put under this category because people will ask.
Also they are only recommendations. Nobody will be policing people’s houses.
CA seems to have a good handle on the virus, relative to other states and wants to keep it that way. As somebody who’s county remains tightly shut down (and has this entire time), I don’t want to see it be for nothing, so I’m ok with these recommendations. Some of the other decisions in the blueprint for reopening, not so much.
Why expect the usual suspects in certain circles of the media to bother with the whole truth when they can instigate outrage by claiming California is waging a war on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I think they're good guidelines myself.

Last edited:
In talking to some people that work in health care... and listening to some of my friends and neighbors on things that have happened to them or family member and their other friends...and just looking at the whole thing... kinda stepping back taking away all the fear mongering, and political jargon out.

I honestly... Don't believe anything that they - what the media reports or what is being reported - are saying about the numbers at all... I really don't think that anyone has any real idea on whats whats..

First - before you start throwing flames...
Yes I believe that Covid is real...and yes we should protect ourselves and our loved ones... No argument there...Safety for all is number one.

First off - the testing numbers are skewed...
In most hospitals, medical facilities - everyone is being tested weekly... so every-time they are tested, It is counted like it is a new test... not a retest for the same person, and part of medical protocol... Just counting as a new test like a new person is being tested...

In 2 different nursing home that one my niece and my old colleague work at another... both said the same thing, they test everyone, weekly... So at a 180 facility they are testing all the residents, and all the staff... so around 300+ test weekly which is 1200 a month, and that just one facility that show as new testing... not retesting... for medical protocol... Which is how it should be counted...

All first responders, EMS, Firemen, Police, As well as teachers, and all school employees... lots of them are being tested weekly as well, again they show all as new testing, not ongoing testing for the same person... for protection and medical protocol...

Second - If you are positive for Covid - after the 2 weeks you have to be tested again to make sure your not still positive, so again another retest... if you are still positive, then they report as its a new case... not a ongoing case for the same person... who has already been counted..

Third - they reported a whole small town along the coast, had more covid testing, and positive results than the people that they had in the town... how does that work... So if the town had 8,000 people and 10,000 were tested and all positive... That should raise some red flags for sure. when asked how they were going to fix it.. it would be look into... And several of the testing centers were showing 100 + percent positive which was the same number of testing that they had done... No way 100 percent day after day... again people were going back and being retested and again they are counted like new people being tested...

As well the death toll, is skewed... Of course many people have died from Covid... I'm not disputing this..

So a guy that my DH works with his mother passed away, several months ago... she was in hospice care at a hospice house, for lung cancer... As he is sifting through the bills, and paper work, and waiting on the death certificate... As well his mother had requested a autopsy, which he did at her request, for the American Cancer society.. The bills are showing that they tested her and were treating her for Covid 19, which he was unaware of, yet he was told of all other med's and treatments... as well the cause of death was Lung failure, due to Covid ... which is not what she died from... the Autopsy showed she died from lung cancer plain and simple and did not have Covid 19 or any other type of Covid strain... So he went to the facility, and demanded the records... The administrator said that anyone dying is presume to have covid 19 and is consider compromised, due to their age and or disease process...and most likely to have it... Which means that they can get more money with a Covid Diagnosis, added to everything else... and they never treated her with med's for covid, yet they were billing for it... he was told she was on oxygen... well of course she had lung cancer...

A very good friends mother died, and the death certificate stated heart failure due to Covid 19... Which is not true at all, the reason she died was because she was afraid to leave her apartment, when her pace maker need replacing... again it was presumed she had it... even though she was tested several times, by the visiting nurse, and was negative every-time... So she died because of the fear of Covid not because she physically had it.... Again the hospital and such gets more money for a Covid Diagnosis...

Another person that we are acquaintance with their Daughters boyfriend, was killed in a car crash... and the death certificate said that he died from Covid related problems... along with massive trauma, and internal bleeding... is what he actually died from, again no proof that he had or ever had Covid...

Then there is the other side of the coin...

How many people had it, and no symptoms, or just mild like a summer cold or a bad allergy day that went by and no-one thought any more of it...

Or the homeless, who knows how many of them have had it or passed it on, or passed away from it and nothing was every done to see the true cause of death...

A good friend of ours father passed away unexpectedly, he had sever allergies, he refused to go for testing, and no testing was done afterward to see if he had covid was the cause of death...

A girl that I know her whole family had it, with no symptoms at all...

So you can see why I wonder if we really know what the true numbers are?

They need to only report new testing... and not people returning to re-test or being retested for work, health care or Essential workers... and again if the people who are positive when they are re-tested should not be reported as a new case and should be reported as continuing care case...

Only true causes of death should be reported, and this tacking on Covid has to stop.... some type of penalty for false reporting should be put in place...

Then we will have better information all the way around... Which can help with resources, getting them to where they need to go in a timely manner and efficiently... and getting a a clearer picture of how the virus works, and why it effects the body this way and that way and even differently in some people... why some people it only effects them like a summer cold or no symptoms and in other's it can be fatal...In the long run, true reporting, and honest accounting... is the only way we are going to be able to have and create a clear picture to help with the vaccine...
Just my thought for what they are worth...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter