• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DaveInTN’s Off-Site, Off-Topic, Off His Rocker Trip Report (Updated w/FINAL DAY)

Dave, I'm so glad I found you (through Karin's food review). I have so enjoyed your TR, your wit, and your beautiful family. Thank you so much for sharing it with us here on the DIS.

What a fun trip report - I enjoyed it so much! Your girls are so lucky to have you! It just dawned on me (yes, I'm a little slow) that you are in Franklin - my stepbrother is in Franklin. Small world!

Your family is beautiful - you all are so fortunate! Thanks so much for the report!

OH, geez, I almost forgot - you know, I don't think you're imagining things now. After that last brush-off by Snow, she definitely is avoiding you. If this weren't a recurring problem on your previous trips, I would blame the Ohhaaannnaaa!!

Pleeeeeeeze,,,, Say it ain't so. That's the end ? Great job. :thumbsup2

I think you should come down with us in Dec and write our TR. :idea:

Truly fantabulous TR Dave, thank you!!! That's what it's all about for sure. :thumbsup2
ITA with you and Lisa about the fiends. (Perhaps that could be the reason why I have flown almost 1200 miles (alone!) to meet a group of "strangers", and stay with 4 women I'd never met before)?!!? :confused3

Call me crazy, but I'd hafta say it was one of the BEST decisions and experiences of my life, and I look forward to the days I get to meet more of y'all.

Thanks again for a great report!

Ohhhhhh-HANA!!! (which in this case I'm referring to it's meaning of family, which is what I consider the fiends) NOT you're version of Ohhhhh-HANA, because as we all know, ladies don't Ohhhh-HANA and tell) :lmao:

Well said Dave!! We're hoping to finally get to meet some Fiends in person in a little less than 2 weeks :-)yay:)

Ummmm, ya, about that. Isn't Northern Massachusetts pretty close to Southern New Hampshire? I can be packed and ready in about 15 minutes, so just call me when you're going by. :thumbsup2

Wow! What a special day for your DD!

I can't think of a greater way to spend the dreaded last day.

It has never occurred to us to eat in Italy. I'm sold.

The "dish" with smouldering eyes didn't hurt the decision making process either. :rotfl2: (KFDH: If you're reading this I'm only kidding.) ;)

Now you've done it Dave!

You've make the tough as nails KFK tear up.

Yes, lump in my throat and all...

Good job, putting into words what all of us feel about the triple F. Family, Fort and FrIENDS.

Sorry to see it end. Thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful trip with us. :goodvibes

I'm glad that ya'll had a wonderful trip. The birthday cake was cute!!

Loved the pics.

I agree, the Fort is definitely something special. Wouldn't trade my tent for the best hotel. :goodvibes

I know! Although I do LOVE watching my DD4 as we ride it. She is enthralled. And so i get a great deal of enjoyment out of that.

But that song....

We're friends with a lady who was stuck on It's a Small World for 45 minutes before the were evacuated. I would have gone insane! :eek:

Great job Dave, we are all in full blown planning mode for next year and I have a mutiny on my hands (about where to stay). The food shots on the last day have me sold. We have not eaten in the Italy pavilion since our honeymoon and DW was not happy with the shellfish she was served, but that meal looked great. I guess 21 years is enough time for them to refine their art?

Really enjoyed the TR and the photos, glad your family had such a good time.

I know what you mean. On one of my recent trips to WDW, I was kind of quiet during the drive. My wife finally asked me what was going on, tired of driving, headache, etc.. I told her, that the only thing I disliked about driving to WDW, was knowing that I would have to leave & come back home.

Which is why we start planning our next trip in our minds before we even get home, right? :rotfl2:

That pizza at Via Napoli is OMG good! Fantastic!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful family's adventures.

Thanks for reading. And yes, that pizza rocks.

Great trip report. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing, Dave. As usual, your TR has sustained me since you started it. What ever will I do with myself now?

Well, for starters you could finish YOUR trip report. Yours is sustaining us. :woohoo:

As we make plans for next year I am hoping that I will have the opportunity to meet even more folks on that trip than we did on this one and that I will have the opportunity to meet up again with the ones that I met this year! :thumbsup2

Same here. don't know when we will get back to the Fort, but I sure hope to plan it when other Fiends will be around. Would love to meet you and Bruce!

Well said Dave!! We're hoping to finally get to meet some Fiends in person in a little less than 2 weeks :-)yay:)

And we all look forward to reading about it!

Dave, I'm so glad I found you (through Karin's food review). I have so enjoyed your TR, your wit, and your beautiful family. Thank you so much for sharing it with us here on the DIS.

Thank you Kathy! Glad you found my report. I am enjoying your TR as well, and am looking forward to more.

What a fun trip report - I enjoyed it so much! Your girls are so lucky to have you! It just dawned on me (yes, I'm a little slow) that you are in Franklin - my stepbrother is in Franklin. Small world!

It's a Small World after all...or so they say. :lmao:

Pleeeeeeeze,,,, Say it ain't so. That's the end ? Great job. :thumbsup2

I think you should come down with us in Dec and write our TR. :idea:

That's a great idea. I could write Frank's fish tales. Got an extra bed?

Ohhhhhh-HANA!!! (which in this case I'm referring to it's meaning of family, which is what I consider the fiends) NOT you're version of Ohhhhh-HANA, because as we all know, ladies don't Ohhhh-HANA and tell) :lmao:

You are right...Ohana means family. I just happen to come from a family where both meanings are interchangable! :rotfl:

But I like the family/fiend reference...we are ALL Ohhhhh-HANA!

Wow! What a special day for your DD!

I can't think of a greater way to spend the dreaded last day.

It has never occurred to us to eat in Italy. I'm sold.

The "dish" with smouldering eyes didn't hurt the decision making process either. :rotfl2: (KFDH: If you're reading this I'm only kidding.) ;)

Now you've done it Dave!

You've make the tough as nails KFK tear up.

Yes, lump in my throat and all...

Good job, putting into words what all of us feel about the triple F. Family, Fort and FrIENDS.

Sorry to see it end. Thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful trip with us. :goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed my report KFK...your TR was one of the best of 2010 so that means a lot. sorry to make you cry though, and sorry to get you in trouble with KFDH. If you dine at Italy, you might want to leave him behind. :rotfl:

We're friends with a lady who was stuck on It's a Small World for 45 minutes before the were evacuated. I would have gone insane! :eek:

:scared1:

Fantastic report Dave! Fiends are definately the best people around! :thumbsup2

thanks! They sure are...

Great TR. Loved every single page of it! :cool1:

Glad you enjoyed it. Hope I didn't make you cry.

Great job Dave, we are all in full blown planning mode for next year and I have a mutiny on my hands (about where to stay). The food shots on the last day have me sold. We have not eaten in the Italy pavilion since our honeymoon and DW was not happy with the shellfish she was served, but that meal looked great. I guess 21 years is enough time for them to refine their art?

Really enjoyed the TR and the photos, glad your family had such a good time.

Give Via Napoli a try Dan. It's not the usual pizza we are used to, be it New York, Boston, Chicago, or Buffalo. Those cities all have their own style, and I like them all. This was different...don't know if it's authentic Italian (I always thought pizza was more American than true Italian), but it was good.

Thanks for reading.

Dave-

I was away from my computer all weekend, so I just had a chance to catch up on the end of your report.

You really pulled it out!

I am awarding you an A+++!

Great job!

Thanks for the Nurnberger Sausage pic.

It's amazing how unoffensive it looks on sitting there on a plate.

Also, thanks for the review of the new pizza joint at Epcot. It's hard to find good pizza at WDW- this looks like it might be the place for me. I will definitely be giving it a try.

Oh, if it helps . . .

I was away from my computer because . . .

I was at the Fort!

I should be launching my TR tomorrow.

Over on the normal section.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter