December 11, 2004 Eastern cruise thread

Disfamily5 - Happy 40th Birthday!!! Sorry you missed your party, but better to have been invited, then left out...I'd invite them all over for a drink after vacation just so you can get together.

Disneygatorfan - Congratulations on being done with work..I'm definitely jealous!!

3 more days of work and two more days of class!! I have discovered that we don't have any light jackets for the kids....knew something would be missing. Gotta run to the mall before class and try to get them for the boys...

Hope everyone has a great hump day!

smchan said:
Well, I finally got all my clothes together. Of course, I packed my camera bag first. :) 2 SLRs, 5 lenses, 2 flashes, 4 filters, 2 chargers, 3 manuals, 1 laptop, bunches of batteries, a tripod and a partridge in a pear tree. And my new pano head will be here Thursday right before I leave! Bring on the photo ops!

I've got the 200mm lens in the bag just so I can photograph the Coast Gaurd busting Andy as he tries to swim out to the Magic from Jetty Park. (Andy, if you make it, I'll throw you a life ring. And I'll pack an extra coat and tie just in case.)

Sam

Sam, you are too funny. Love the idea about trying to swim out to the ship though. I thought of something last night while I was "trying" to fall alseep. I will try and park my mom's car facing the water, so as the Magic sails by I can flash the headlights off and on, then you will know exactly where we are!!! Then just watch for the madman trying to swim to catch the ship!!! LOL!!!

It's time to get ready for work, so I've got to get a move on it!!! :wave:

DisneyFam5-Happy 40th Birthday!How does it feel?I am turning 40 in May.I am sure you feel younger right<G>.I am sorry you missed your party.That is what I will be doing Friday night my last laundry bunch before cruise.I agree with Leno Disney has gotten way too high as far as park admissions!It is crazy!This is the second time they raised prices this year I believe.

smchan-You arranged the camera things first right?I have seen some of your panaromic pictures on here,and they are gorgeous.I can only imagine how much stuff you have to take with you to take photos like that.

disneygatorfan-Happy Vacation to you!I am jealous!I wish I was on vacation.I still have three more days!Relax,pack and enjoy!

Pgood-Have fun at the mall!I hope your mall isn't as bad as ours was this past weekend.It was a mad house.Happy Hump day!

Verandah Man-We will be looking for the flashing lights!Have a great day at work!

Our docs are officially filled out as we were watching Amazing Race.DH had me laughing last night.I told him I don't need to read this contract again I have read it already twice.He is here reading it to me and asking me questions which dealt with the contract.He is a mess<G>.I doubt you will see him on here as he is a on deadline at work.He has to be done by Friday in order to cruise out Saturday.Come on Friday! :cool1:

Everyone have a great Hump Day!

Maria

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, but I'm not quite 40 yet! I'm still a young chick (for about 6 more days) I decided St. Maarten would be a great place to celebrate a 40th, don't you think? Since my husband won't turn 40 for two years I can plan a big trip and tell him that I felt guilty since I was in the tropics for my birthday and I want him to get to do the same! What do you think? Good plan?

Happy packing, all! I'll be running to Wal-mart at lunch today.

I can't believe it. Only 3 more days!!!!! :cool1: To all who are leaving today or tomorrow to come to FL, have a safe trip and hope to see you on board.

DisneyFam5 said:
my husband won't turn 40 for two years I can plan a big trip and tell him that I felt guilty since I was in the tropics for my birthday and I want him to get to do the same! What do you think? Good plan?

I think that's a stellar idea!! In two years, I'll be 35, so maybe I'll get the same treatment! Of course, it'll be July. What month does your DH's fall in?

Enjoyed your story about your birthday party last night. Did you get any good gifts? :earboy2:

Ratt45-Get to work!Get it done or you are left behind!You can try to swim to the boat with Verandah man as I am leaving regardless your work is done or not<VBG>!

DisneyFam5-I like that!I am still a young chick too!40 hasn't arrived yet!Yes,St Maarten would be a great place to celebrate!Great plan!

I don't want to work today!I don't wanna!Come on Friday!

Maria

Disneyfan37 said:
Ratt45-Get to work!Get it done or you are left behind!You can try to swim to the boat with Verandah man as I am leaving regardless your work is done or not<VBG>!Maria

ROFL..... Hilarious! We've got a marital spat brewing right here on the board!! You two...... Get A Room! lol :rockband:

mbuckles-I was expecting you to comment<VBG>.DH has a deadline every month at work,so he has to be all done by Friday.It is hard for him to take time off this part of the month every month as to how he got away with it this month.Who knows?I am so ready for Friday to get here!Angela have any clue yet as to what will happen Friday let alone Saturday?See you both soon!

Maria

DisneyFan37 -Don't worry about getting harrassed for "yelling" at your husband. Mine had to fly to Cleveland Monday to yesterday. I told him if anything happened to him, I was going, no matter what!!! He said to sprinkle his ashes of the verandah.

We're a little sick...but we have fun, and of course, he made it home! So you'll be able to see him "in the flesh".

Definitely punchy.....3 more days to go.....

Disneyfan37 said:
Angela have any clue yet as to what will happen Friday let alone Saturday?See you both soon!

Maria

Nope... Not yet. I'm still playing it cool :) (While on the inside, I'm going nuts)

Hey everyone,

I am at the office today so that means I am checking the boards all the time. Also trying to find things that I actually want to do. That is not much. I am playing with my new camera, I brought it to work with me. I wish it were Fri..we are flying out Fri night...

It feels that Fri will never get here. It will right?

Jen :cool1: I can't even sit still today...I can't imagine what I'll be like in here Fri. :flower1:

thejenjens said:
It feels that Fri will never get here. It will right?

Jen... I can't PROMISE that Friday will get here, but more than likely it will. We don't control those types of things.

Pgood-I knew that either Sam or Mark would say something<G>.My dh is so tired,and he will be so glad when this week is over.He needed a little harrassment to make his day complete<G>.Your dh saying to sprinkle his ashes off the verandah smart man.He will be there even in spirit<G>.We are going my friend!I am glad your dh made it home safe.Hey as long as you have fun that is all that matters.Life is too short,so we must have fun!

mbuckles-I am sure you are going nuts in the inside as who wouldn't be.She will be so happy!2 more days for you fun to start!The party is Friday right?You fly out Friday too right?

3 more days!

Maria

thejenjens-I agree it doesn't seem like Friday will get here.At least tonight,it will go by fast as dh has bowling.Come on Friday!

Maria

Disneyfan37 said:
Pgood-I knew that either Sam or Mark would say something<G>.mbuckles-The party is Friday right?You fly out Friday too right?
Maria

Maria, I knew you'd expect nothing less, and I never disappoint. Since it seems that Sam is busy, I thought I'd cover for him in this whole "Abbott & Costello" routine we have going on :). Methinks my friend Sam is busy cleaning his lense so that he can take pictures of the hidden mickey's in the asteroid belt.

Poor Josh & Noah... They'll only have 2 shirts and one pair of pants to wear next week because Dad needs the room for all his gear! lol Sam... You guys have a safe trip down... Look forward to meeting you guys.

MARIA.... I forgot to answer your question... Party Friday night at 7pm Central. We don't fly out until 7am Sat morning. Should be at MCO at 9am.

mbuckles said:
Since it seems that Sam is busy, I thought I'd cover for him in this whole "Abbott & Costello" routine we have going on :). Methinks my friend Sam is busy cleaning his lense so that he can take pictures of the hidden mickey's in the asteroid belt.

ROTFL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am feeling a whole mixture of emotions:

I'm ready to meet my new DIS friends :hug:
I haven't packed all the way yet :eek:
This is my sister and I talking on the phone to eachother every 12.5 minutes :hyper2:
These are my 2 boys :hyper: :hyper:
This is my DH :headache:

Hey Ann Southworth.......I am on my way home to pack!!!! No sense rushing things, this way there is less chance for them to wrinkle :rolleyes: Talk to you tonight.

One more day for Noah and Lauren at school!! I don't know how they are holding together. Maybe it is just the adults that are this excited :jester: :jester:

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter