December 11, 2004 Eastern cruise thread

Fran!I wish I could say that.I am about to start doing wash as well as start baking candy for the dcparents,dckids,friends,family and DH coworkers.I hope I haven't left no one out<G>.I want our ship back too.It is back to reality!

Maria

my big beach day a wash out. I was sitting there in a sweatshirt freezing and wishing they served coffee! My mom spoke to someone who'd travelled in May and said the weather then was just as cold!

It was great meeting everyone, and to those I missed, hope to catch up with you on another Disney vacation!

Our wash is about 1/2 way done. We caught an earlier flight, so we didn't get the luggage to midday today. It was great just relaxing by the fire all day, though the warmer weather was definitely better!!

Hope everyone had as great a time as we did!

Jwann - thanks for sharing your family with us, we had a great time!!!

Back to work in the morning and then I have to get this house back in order!!!

Take care and hope everyone had a smooth trip home!

Pgood said:
Jwann - thanks for sharing your family with us, we had a great time!!!

Ditto, my friend!!!!

We made it home and I've done 2 loads of wash...3 more to go. I'll post again in a couple days when I've got "life" back to normal.

Well, Well, Well!!! What an excellent trip!! 7 days is the way to go! We had a fantastic time. I got to dance to the Cha Cha Slide 4 times!!! By my scale that makes it a 4-Star trip :smooth:
As a short British man said to me on the last night of the cruise "I saw you on stage 3 times this week" Ahhhh Yes! Getting involved in all the activities possible was just what I was looking for. I'm so glad I got to meet so many of you. Hanging out with Pam and Todd, seeing Jen and Millie at the activities, running into Michelle and Pete over and over and having Sam show up out of no where to take my picture.
Does anyone have a way that we can share some of our pics?
Joelle
aka Sassy (that's for you Michelle and Pete)

Hi 12/11 Eastern cruisers!

DH and I were on the Wonder which returned from Castaway Cay on 12/11. Dh and I stood out on our starboard side verandah at 11:00 p.m. We saw the Carnival ship go by, and then the Disney Magic. We waved, :wave: but I don't know if you saw us. LOL

I am glad you all had a great time.

Hey guys,

I am SOOOOO jealous right now....they guys that got on hte ship Sat afternoon are only on their 3rd night of the ten. Anyway. We had such a wonderful time. It was so great meeting everyone...hey to everyone that we did not meet. Everyone is very nice. This was such a blast to go on this cruise for seven nights. That is the bomb. I can't wait to get on another one. Hope everyone is doing well.

I can't believe the temps here, I would take a 72 overcast day on CC anyday over our 8 degree temp here today. And alot colder with the wind chill. Everyone in colder areas than us stay warm.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful safe holiday season.

Jen

Hello from Disney World everyone. After leaving the Magic, my crew and I went straight to WDW for 2 days of park hopping that's turned into 3 at the last minute. Today was our last day - 3 parks in 14 hours and, surprisingly, I feel relaxed! I wanted to do some panoramas of The Boardwalk and The Yacht & Beach Clubs, but seeing WDW for the first time thru the eyes of my 4 year old (Josh) was just too much, so the camera stayed back for the most part.

My 6 year old, Noah, was a real trooper at WDW. My wife won't do any rides that are even remotely thrilling, so it was just Noah and I for Space Mtn, Mission Space (twice), Tower of Terror, Splash Mtn, and Rock 'n Roller Coaster.

I did take a ton of photos on the cruise - roughly 1,800 of them - so hopefully 2 or 3 turned out. Surprisingly, though, not many of the exterior of the ship. I had planned to take some dockside in St Marteen but the rain nixed it. I did get some great "walking around" pictures of the ship and did some panos in St Thomas and around Castaway Cay. I also have some fairly good character pictures from the shows and their appearances about the ship. As soon as I get home and have my broadband back, I'll start sharing the pictures.

If I took your picture, please email or pm me so I can send it to you. :) (And please remind me of the photo. I have NO social skills and can never put faces to names.)

Sam

For those up north,stay warm as I don't even want to imagine.We have ice outside which we hadn't had in Gainesville,FL for a long.If it is that bad here,up north it must be awful!

smchan-I am glad you all had a great time on the cruise as well as having a great time at the parks.My friend from MN is there at the DVC,and she said some of the parks aren't that crowded yet which makes it nice.Your wife sounds like me.I don't do thrill rides either.Can't wait to see the pictures!Have a safe trip back home!

Maria

Hey everyone,

Is anyone going to do a trip report on our trip?

Hope everyone has arrived home safe and sound. And that you all are staying warm. I can't believe how cold it is here.

Hope to hear from everyone soon.

Jen

At least some teaser pictures anyways. I took over 1800 pictures. Here's a very small sampling of some of my favorites.

These are "raw" and still need some work in Photoshop.

DSC_3975.jpg

DSC_4062.jpg

DSC_4083.jpg

DSC_5643.jpg

OMG! SAM! Those are excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should really turn pro! Your perspective is awesome!
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Here are a few more than jumped out at me this morning. All still "raw" of course.

DSC_5420.jpg

DSC_5480.jpg

DSC_5488.jpg

DSC_5500.jpg

Sam,

Those pics are the best. Thank you so much for them and sharing them with us. Can't wait to see more. I think that they are great the way they are.

Jen

jwann said:
I'm almost embarassed to show you my pictures after Sam's but some of you are in them if you want to check it out.

http://community.webshots.com/album/235746755GXOiAb

Please! I'm checking out your shots right now and you did a great job!

And you got a picture of me! This is getting to be a theme or something (check the tag line the tag fairy gave me...) !

Check out this picture: http://community.webshots.com/photo/235746755/235775515ggsWml and look to the right - I'm the guy standing behind the fellow sitting and those are my boys right behind Mickey - one in red and one in the stripped shirt.

Here's my shot of the same scene (except with Mickey turned around facing me). As luck would have, I decided to travel light that night and carried only my camera and zoom lens thinking I'd be shooting folks on the stage - and then Mickey appears right beside me.

DSC_4933small.jpg

I like your Christmas tree on the superstructure shot too. I bet I took 20-30 pictures of that silly thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter