Direct Sales Incentives - Fall 2020 (9/17 - 11/4)

No, they either give you the points for the UY you are currently in or they don't sell you the use year. That's how it's always been. That's how it has to be.

If you call today and they agree to sell you an Oct or Dec UY, they have to give you 2019 points.

However, now it looks like you have to make sure they are going to bank them for you past the deadline. :sad2:

Most likely, they will simply make you wait until Oct 1 (for Oct UY) or until Dec 1 (for Dec UY) to buy and then you will start with 2020 UY points.
Ohh so that’s how they’re getting around it, not letting people bank them.

I was told by staff that they only run buses when the skyliner is down so I do not think it is a covid issue. I think it's unacceptable for a deluxe resort at this cost to not have buses running constantly for people who do not like the skyliner.

It's an issue at all resorts when there's a reason a mode of transportation goes down and the buses have to step in. It takes time - sometimes a long time. The skyliner seems to have more reasons than most that it shuts down and unless they decide to constantly provide a bus option I think it will always be an issue.

Where are the reports on being given current points with a direct purchase but not allowed to bank them?

Where are the reports on being given current points with a direct purchase but not allowed to bank them?

I've been seeing more that they're not selling them. But I can't even figure out if that's just for new owners or not.

But around page 6 or 7 here @LoveMugsNPins is reporting various issues starting with them not wanting to bank them. But I'm not sure where it currently stands.

Honestly, I'm tempted to just call and see for myself what they're doing. But, I'm also afraid I'll add on. lol

I've been seeing more that they're not selling them. But I can't even figure out if that's just for new owners or not.

But around page 6 or 7 here @LoveMugsNPins is reporting various issues starting with them not wanting to bank them. But I'm not sure where it currently stands.

Honestly, I'm tempted to just call and see for myself what they're doing. But, I'm also afraid I'll add on. lol

I had seen that but he reported they did bank them. A lot of that transaction appeared to be more about it being a second UY. Have there been any other reports about the not banking?

Guide just emailed me back saying they are not offering December use year at Animal Kingdom at the moment.

So if I am able to get a Dec/Oct UY, they could refuse to give me points? Where would it be indicated if I were to get the 2019 points? It wouldn’t be in any purchase documents would it? Would I only know by logging into my account?

They have to give you 2019 points, as we are in the current UY for those. But, as that part stated, it is in their discretion to allow late banking,

They do not have to do that. So, if you got Dec UY, you’d see 2019 points but might be told you would not be allowed to bank them, meaning they expire at the end of November,

Like I said, we have not yet seen any reports of new buyers being allowed to walk away from a sale,

I just was trying to say while they have been allowing new direct owners the exception to late banking, it is not a guarantee.

The entire reason they include that as an exception is so they can continue to sell late in a UY...but since this year is so different, I would take nothing for granted.

So, if you push it, get it in writing that you will be allowed to bank late as it will not be in the contract That way.

Last edited:
I had seen that but he reported they did bank them. A lot of that transaction appeared to be more about it being a second UY. Have there been any other reports about the not banking?

Not yet. But there was discussion that late banking is guaranteed which is not true.

It is still up to them. I think right now it sounds like they are telling new owners they will not sell them those UYs.

But, as I just posted, we have not yet seen any reports of someone who pushed the issue being told no sale.

The one person who got them banked had not yet gotten the contract either so if MS made an error in doing it...they called the regular line...it could be reversed since the sales department told them it would not be allowed,

I certainly would make no assumptions right now given all the different things shared...I’d make sure it was going to happen And get it in writing If I convinced them to sell me one of those two UYs.

Last edited:
Not yet. But there was discussion that late banking is guaranteed which is not true.

It is still up to them. I think right now it sounds like they are telling new owners they will not sell them those UYs.

But, as I just posted, we have not yet seen any reports of someone who pushed the issue being told no sale.

The one person who got them banked had not yet gotten the contract either so if MS made an error in doing it...they called the regular line...it could be reversed since the sales department told them it would not be allowed,

I certainly would make no assumptions right now given all the different things shared...I’d make sure it was going to happen And get it in writing If I convinced them to sell me one of those two UYs.

They have taken the tact in the past to not sell but I think it's unlikely the actually wouldn't allow the late banking. It's a benefit they've given themselves for sales and they'd only be hurting themselves (DVC). I still think the one on this thread had more to do with it being a new UY and somebody further up the line seeing that and wanting to deny approval - perhaps stemming from the desire to not introduce more points. Still I do not think they are going to deny it once it gets down to it.

I was able to bank the points. My sales guide told me on Tuesday I couldn't bank them while on Monday he said we could bank them. Gave us the phone # and ext 1.

As of this morning Thurs I still don't have a contract (the originally sent one Mon afternoon but voided it before I could open the email) This morning he said we would have a contract this afternoon. But we still don't!!

First half payment was on my cc Monday afternoon. No contract Thurs night.

I really thought I would be mostly done by Monday night! This whole thing just feels "soooo MY luck" Doing something thousands of people have done before me and then suddenly its different for me. It just really feels cruddy.

I was able to bank the points. My sales guide told me on Tuesday I couldn't bank them while on Monday he said we could bank them. Gave us the phone # and ext 1.

As of this morning Thurs I still don't have a contract (the originally sent one Mon afternoon but voided it before I could open the email) This morning he said we would have a contract this afternoon. But we still don't!!

I really thought I would be mostly done by Monday night! This whole thing just feels "soooo MY luck" Doing something thousands of people have done before me and then suddenly its different for me. It just really feels cruddy.

So, after they got banked he said you couldn’t?

If it were me, I’d try to confirm that it won’t be reversed on you, given the delay.

Im sure it’s nothing as they are still short staffed, But it is odd to tell you that and makes you wonder why he did.

Keep us posted

I’m a guinea pig for Dec UY banking. I called on Monday night got my contract on Tuesday, but I haven’t signed it yet. I’m an attorney so I’m reading all 500 pages of the documents.

I forgot to ask about banking so I will check with my guide tomorrow to see what the answer is. I will probably cancel if I can’t bank. Any word on the blue card minimum increasing. That was the main reason I was buying now.

Which page needs to be notarized on the contract and has anyone else not received the prepaid fedex labels for over a week after signing?

I’m a guinea pig for Dec UY banking. I called on Monday night got my contract on Tuesday, but I haven’t signed it yet. I’m an attorney so I’m reading all 500 pages of the documents.

I forgot to ask about banking so I will check with my guide tomorrow to see what the answer is. I will probably cancel if I can’t bank. Any word on the blue card minimum increasing. That was the main reason I was buying now.

I think I read the word on the street is that they are pushing it to Oct. 17th.

Awesome! It will be great to get another report as to what they are doing.

If you are a new owner and they are letting you buy a Dec UY, that’s great because it puts doubt that it’s a hard no...

Awesome! It will be great to get another report as to what they are doing.

If you are a new owner and they are letting you buy a Dec UY, that’s great because it puts doubt that it’s a hard no...
I am a new owner. My guide said there were 135 Dec UY points available when I called. Of course I only wanted 100.

I had a direct purchase that took LONGER than one of my resale purchases. Now the resale went incredibly fast - 24 hours for a verbal pass on ROFR and a couple more days for the written then on to closing. However, the direct took a few weeks before I had my points. It was a time I had a couple other things come up so I my follow up wasn't that quick but the contract got tucked at the bottom of some stack - or so I was told.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter