Direct Sales Incentives - Fall 2020 (9/17 - 11/4)

Was this recently?

I have to say this has put a really sour taste in my mouth for this direct purchase. I was excited that this purchase was going to be "call, tell them I want to purchase, sign docs later that day, be done with it"
But my new contract didn't come over at all yesterday. Not even an email from the guide. I spoke with him in the AM, sent my email about 2 use years and haven't heard anything.
Of course they found the time to charge my credit card.

Yes, it was a couple of weeks ago. They must have really had some big problems with this in the past because I even had to go as far to explain why I was choosing a December use year based on my travel patterns and not just because I was getting the "free" 2019 points. They rreeeeeaaalllllyyy want you to stay with your current use year if at all possible.

We bought RVA right before incentives ended & I asked for another UY of Oct (we already have a resale SSR UY of Dec) My guide just said that he needed to get approval. I didn't need to send an email and I did receive 2019 points.

It seems like they’re being a bit stricter on the later use years with this round of incentives.

From the reports I have read, this seems to be new in not wanting to sell Oct and Dec UY since the17th with new incentiges.

I have now seen it’s a hard no, to maybe but not banking, and then one who was able to get them banked,,though had not yet signed.

From the reports I have read, this seems to be new in not wanting to sell Oct and Dec UY since the17th with new incentiges.

I have now seen it’s a hard no, to maybe but not banking, and then one who was able to get them banked,,though had not yet signed.
So they are letting some people have the points but won’t let them bank them? That seems pointless!

So they are letting some people have the points but won’t let them bank them? That seems pointless!

That is what I have read. If someone has pushed wanting the UY, the have to give Oct and Dec UY 2019 points, because it is the current UY.

However, they don’t have to let someone bank them...that is a courtesy thar DVD has allowed, but is not required,

So, if they really dont want to sell those UYs right now to new members, this would be a deterrent for sure,

The question is if they will let someone walk away from a sale, or will they cave and allow it.

Thinking about buying direct before the point minimum goes up. We do not like Riviera and are considering Animal Kingdom or Saratoga at 100 points just for the membership card. We would want to buy AKL on resale if not direct but thinking it might make sense to spend the extra money and just get AKL direct since thats where we want to stay. Thoughts?

Thinking about buying direct before the point minimum goes up. We do not like Riviera and are considering Animal Kingdom or Saratoga at 100 points just for the membership card. We would want to buy AKL on resale if not direct but thinking it might make sense to spend the extra money and just get AKL direct since thats where we want to stay. Thoughts?
AKV is getting a bit easier to find, however nothing like SSR or Poly and prices are high. Certain UY's are scarce. The price difference between direct and resale is one of the smallest currently. If you really want direct I think it is one of the best choices. Get the UY you want. Continuing the discussion...make sure you get 2019 points, banked if Oct or Dec. Apparently there has been pushback from DVC, however money talks...and Guides will go up the ladder if you push. No guarantee on the results but I'd only buy if I got my way - that's just me!

These two and OKW are the 3 DH and I would consider purchasing direct, and eventually might, if we find we "need" the blue card. The difference between resale and direct prices are not so pronounced on these and at some point, it makes sense to buy some direct points for the benefits. We are in ROFR resale or our 1st love resort, Poly, and would consider down the road adding on direct if/when we feel we need to. For now we are going to figure out how to manage and benefit from our resale points. Haha, maybe by the time we actually decide, Reflections will be on the table?!

If AKV is the resort you want and you find the benefits worth it, go direct for that and then you can add on points later.

Since you do not like RIV, having all your points direct isn’t needed because the 100 you buy direct will still be good at future resorts...if one comes along you do...even if the resale ones won’t,

To me, it’s the best of both worlds.

For what it’s worth, I have one UY right now - Dec. Called to add 100 points direct and was told that if I want to add on for Dec, I can join a waitlist with no guarantee as to when those points will be available. Or I could add on at any UY Feb-Sep.

For what it’s worth, I have one UY right now - Dec. Called to add 100 points direct and was told that if I want to add on for Dec, I can join a waitlist with no guarantee as to when those points will be available. Or I could add on at any UY Feb-Sep.
Oh wow. People say money talks, but it's barely whispering right now in regards to direct Oct & Dec use years! It's surprising; given the economy I would think money would be screaming!

I guess they really don't want to give out more 2019 points so as to not flood the system even more. I suppose it's a good thing in that they're trying to address that issue, and availability affects all members.

My guess is a Dec UY contract would become available on Dec 2nd

Oh wow. People say money talks, but it's barely whispering right now in regards to direct Oct & Dec use years! It's surprising; given the economy I would think money would be screaming!

I guess they really don't want to give out more 2019 points so as to not flood the system even more. I suppose it's a good thing in that they're trying to address that issue, and availability affects all members.

They also used RIV Dec 2019 UY points for the most part to cover the banked 2018 points people lost or were going to lose, We really have no idea how many that was and how it impacted what is left,

So, I really wonder if this is playing a role. They did sell a good amount since sales resumed, so maybe it was too low to continue?

So we absolutely don’t want anyone to have more than one use year unless we have to give you more points. Then two years js the bomb and you should totally do that.

So I originally asked about SSR (really just trying to get the blue card for cheap). I called back and was told that for VGF, SS, OKW, and several others I can only get Feb-Sep UY. But for RIV, CCV, AUL and (weirdly enough) AKV - I can get a Dec UY.
I’m guessing it’s based on what they have points for and nothing more. Since you already have a Dec UY, you are who they’re saving their Dec UY points for.

Dec is by far the largest UY for AKV (I think it’s like 30% of all points) so I’m not terribly surprised they have some availability there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter