***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm having a computer issue nothing major just a pain. But it has me stumped. I've been working on it for a while but haven't gotten very far.

My desktop is running really slow. Like slower than my 600 mhz laptop I never use anymore. That is if it choses to run at all. It keeps freezing up and I have to do a ctrl alt del to get it to do anything even though it says it is only using like 2% of the resources. So it is not maxing out the ram.

I have run a virus and spyware check on it. I have emptied all of the temp files, cookies, etc. I have completly gotten rid of everything a Disk Clean Up recommends. I have defragged the hard drive. I am only using 25gb out of the 80 gb on my computer hard drive. I've also deleted unused software. I have deleted programs off of my desktop and toolbar at the bottom to get rid of unnecessary background programs, but it still runs slow like molasses.

This came on all of a sudden, it was running fine and then it decided that it doesn't want to run well anymore. I did not download anything reccently that would have caused a change in the system.

Any ideas???

Becky

disneyeveryyear said:
Denise - didn't you say that you had finished buying for your kids in June or July? I sure thought you did, because I was very envious of your pre-planning.

I remember her saying that as well. I guess the Disney spirit has changed that pre-planning.

Becky

ReAnSt said:
I remember her saying that as well. I guess the Disney spirit has changed that pre-planning.

Becky

Glad to know I wasn't imagining things.

I found her post:
triplefigs said:
I had all my shopping done for the kids by June... :cool1:

I think that the grandparents are all getting shirts or tote bags! (gee, I wonder where I got that idea????). DH still need to get a small something (not doing much as we're blowing it all on Disney!). 2 brothers and SIL will get gift certificates, so easy.

ReAnSt said:
Ok, so I'm having a computer issue nothing major just a pain. But it has me stumped. I've been working on it for a while but haven't gotten very far.

My desktop is running really slow. Like slower than my 600 mhz laptop I never use anymore. That is if it choses to run at all. It keeps freezing up and I have to do a ctrl alt del to get it to do anything even though it says it is only using like 2% of the resources. So it is not maxing out the ram.

I have run a virus and spyware check on it. I have emptied all of the temp files, cookies, etc. I have completly gotten rid of everything a Disk Clean Up recommends. I have defragged the hard drive. I am only using 25gb out of the 80 gb on my computer hard drive. I've also deleted unused software. I have deleted programs off of my desktop and toolbar at the bottom to get rid of unnecessary background programs, but it still runs slow like molasses.

This came on all of a sudden, it was running fine and then it decided that it doesn't want to run well anymore. I did not download anything reccently that would have caused a change in the system.

Any ideas???

Becky

Have you rebooted since you did all these things?

bengalbelle said:
Around here we use Boudreaux's Butt Paste. It's awesome! I swear!

Cincinnati Childrens concocts Magic Butt Cream... it appears that way on the orders and everything! :rotfl:

Ok, got the shirt designs picked out! Was going to print, but I'm waiting until I get a new cartridge in the morning. LOTS of work to do tomorrow!

'Night all!

tink2020 said:
Cincinnati Childrens concocts Magic Butt Cream... it appears that way on the orders and everything! :rotfl:

When julia was in Children's as an infant they gave us a cream for a diaper rash that I can only find online - it is in the room with my sleeping baby so I am not going to get it

but they told me it was good b/c it had a barrier to the moisture as well as healing stuff in it - I would go to the ends of the earth to get it!! I think it is a Johnson and Johnson product

Wow. Everyone's so on top of things for Christmas. I thought I would be getting everything done this week before we leave for DL, but the baby was up all night so took him to Dr. to find out he has strep. :confused3 I didn't think babies got strep throat. He's just miserable. Does anyone know anything that might work better than Infant's Tylenol? I hope he gets better before we leave Sat.

Eeyorecln said:
Wow. Everyone's so on top of things for Christmas. I thought I would be getting everything done this week before we leave for DL, but the baby was up all night so took him to Dr. to find out he has strep. :confused3 I didn't think babies got strep throat. He's just miserable. Does anyone know anything that might work better than Infant's Tylenol? I hope he gets better before we leave Sat.

Oh, poor baby :goodvibes I bet he'll feel like new in just a couple days

MinnieMouseMom said:
Oh, poor baby :goodvibes I bet he'll feel like new in just a couple days

I love children's motrin, but wouldn't use it on an infant without Dr permission. But is does kick the pain very well. Poor baby! Strep is aweful :(
Sending :wizard: to you!

miss missy said:
I love children's motrin, but wouldn't use it on an infant without Dr permission. But is does kick the pain very well. Poor baby! Strep is aweful :(
Sending :wizard: to you!

Although there is Infant Motrin for ages 6 to 23 months. I would try that, depending on how old your baby is. Also lots of fluid and ice pops or lollipops to sooth the throat. Here's :wizard: to a speedy recovery.

Becky

disneyeveryyear said:
Do we really need to explain how this happened? It depends on what mood Baloo is in, she might it explain it for us.

Yes PLEASE explain how this happened to Amy :rotfl: I just do not ummm like I don't, ahhh "GET IT"!

BALOO HELP

miss missy said:
Yes PLEASE explain how this happened to Amy :rotfl: I just do not ummm like I don't, ahhh GET IT!
BALOO HELP

You are too funny. When it was originally posted I knew someone was going to have to poke fun at it. I am sure Baloo is going to love these pleas of help.

Becky

ReAnSt said:
You are too funny. When it was originally posted I knew someone was going to have to poke fun at it. I am sure Baloo is going to love these pleas of help.

Becky

Thats all good, just don't let my DH get an eyeball of this kinda talk :rotfl: I'de be sooo caught in a fib :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter