***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit the BOGO free toy sale at TDS today and just used the 30% off sitewide coupon on-line at Disney Direct. Think my kids are having a complete Disney Christmas. That's in addition to the stuff we bought at WDW and are having shipped home (monorail, track, stations for the boys and a Castle for BK). Gee, I think they're turning out like me! :rotfl:

Tammi67 said:
Look what I just won for Alyssa.
05_1.jpg

How pretty! Brantley-Kate has 7 different coats courtesy of DH (he's a coat fan!). He'd like that one too!

triplefigs said:
I hit the BOGO free toy sale at TDS today and just used the 30% off sitewide coupon on-line at Disney Direct. Think my kids are having a complete Disney Christmas. That's in addition to the stuff we bought at WDW and are having shipped home (monorail, track, stations for the boys and a Castle for BK). Gee, I think they're turning out like me! :rotfl:

What else would a good mother do?! ;) :rotfl2:

julia & nicks mom said:
Dawn - I can't ever get mine to pose for one!! that is why I went went a composite!!! :rotfl:
I tell Christopher to smile (and I've tried bribing him) and he opens his eyes wide and sticks out his tongue.
His teacher actually emailed me an adorable picture of him with his gingerbread house but the background is the classroom and not very festive for a Christmas card. He has a mischievous smile on his face, though, and frosting in his hair. It was totally a "Christopher" moment.

I know most of you are night owls but I have got to go to bed now...I ran around so much today & I am pooped. Tommorrow is another crazy day with the kids schedules. My 10 year old (well she will be on Thursday!) has to be in early for a "math olympics" competition, then ds (6) goes in regular time...come back home & take my 5 year old to ballet, lunch then pick up the other 2 from school...6 year old ds then has practice for the Chirstmas pageant (he is a shepard- haven't made the costume yet, any suggestions?) at 4pm-5pm, then he has basketball at 6pm while dd (10) has her dance from 6pm-7pm..oh did I fit dinner & homework in there? ugh. :rolleyes1

Ok off to sleep, per chance to dream.

PNO4TE said:
We did! :Pinkbounc

My students played so well, I was so very proud of them all. And to hear the parents' comments and see grandparents ooh and ahh over them was even more exciting. I just LOVE my job!! :love:
Your students are lucky to have a teacher like you :goodvibes

mommykds said:
I know most of you are night owls but I have got to go to bed now...I ran around so much today & I am pooped. Tommorrow is another crazy day with the kids schedules. My 10 year old (well she will be on Thursday!) has to be in early for a "math olympics" competition, then ds (6) goes in regular time...come back home & take my 5 year old to ballet, lunch then pick up the other 2 from school...6 year old ds then has practice for the Chirstmas pageant (he is a shepard- haven't made the costume yet, any suggestions?) at 4pm-5pm, then he has basketball at 6pm while dd (10) has her dance from 6pm-7pm..oh did I fit dinner & homework in there? ugh. :rolleyes1

Ok off to sleep, per chance to dream.
Ask Deb (My3Princes). She is awesome at costume ideas :goodvibes

bengalbelle said:
I tell Christopher to smile (and I've tried bribing him) and he opens his eyes wide and sticks out his tongue.
His teacher actually emailed me an adorable picture of him with his gingerbread house but the background is the classroom and not very festive for a Christmas card. He has a mischievous smile on his face, though, and frosting in his hair. It was totally a "Christopher" moment.

Did you already find a pic? if not send that one to me and I will put it on a christmas background for you!!

disneyeveryyear said:
I have been hinting to DH that I wanted to go back for Christmas this year (we went 12/22- 12/27 last year). He said no. DS11 said that it just wasn't like Christmas. I think I am just trying to run away from Christmas Day at my DMs. I love her to death, but since my dad died in '03, it just doesn't feel right.

This is exactly how our annual Christmas trips started. My Dad died suddenly on December 8, 1992. It was a horrible Christmas that year and the following year did not get any better. The year after that my Mom had moved and was in an apartment so tiny that we had to eat out in the hallway! We vowed not to do that again. In 1995, the 4 of us stayed home and HATED it. We were SO bored. So, after having gone back to WDW the summer of 1996 for the 25th celebration, I read all about the holiday things going on then (Jolly Holidays, MVMCP, CP) and decided we would go back in December. My DH declined to go so the girls and I went and had a wonderful time.

When we got off the plane in DC on December 24, our younger DD who was 10 at the time said, "Daddy, you had better go with us next year because we are NOT coming back until after Christmas Day!" He decided he wanted to be with us, luckily :goodvibes Now it is our family tradition that we have built upon year after year. I hope we are still going and taking our grandchildren in years to come.

tink2020 said:
IT'S SUPPOSED TO RAIN EVERY SINGLE DAY OF OUR TRIP! :earseek: :sad:

It went from 3 days, to 4, now every day. :guilty:

YIKES! :earseek: I have not checked the long-range forecast in a week or so. I am NOT a happy camper if it is going to rain the whole time we are there!!! :confused3

Is this what you had in mind?
AL16-001.gif

It would be easy to make. We did a vest project like this in cubscouts and made it out of felt. I probably wouldn't put a dress under it, but would do black stretch pants and a large black turtle neck. Large enough to hang quite far down. A piece of cloth and head band would work for the hat. Let me go find the felt vest and I'll tell you how we made it.

Deb

It won't rain the whole time you are there. In Florida when it rains, it will rain for an hour or so and you are done for the day. Rarely does it rain all day for days in a row. Most of the year in Florida rain is on the forecast everyday because Florida is a peninsula and therefore surrounded by water, making it precipitate often.

If it makes you feel better I will send you pixie dust for a rain free vacation.

Becky

triplefigs said:
I'm sure you bring so much joy to your students and their families. I just love going to the kids' music concerts. It is so much fun!

bengalbelle said:
Your students are lucky to have a teacher like you :goodvibes

Aw, shucks... :blush:

Here is a rough sketch of the vest. It was cut out of one piece of felt, fleece would work too. With fleece or felt you do not need to hem and the only sewing is the shoulders.
63925vest-med.jpg

You could do any length you want. I would estimate the size as and 8 - 10. Hope this helps.

Deb

triplefigs said:
Sounds like bad stomach flu. If it keeps up, I'd call your Pediatrician. You may need to go to the ER for IV Phenergan (to help with nausea) and IV fluids to get him hydrated. Hugs to you both. BTW, if you have any baby wipes, it'll be easier on his bottom so it doesn't get raw. Diaper ointment may help too.

Desitin is the best (trust me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter