Disney Needs To Bring Back...

Are you referring to "Adventure Thru Inner Space?" It was actually referrenced at DL recently, as the Sherman Brother received a window on Main Street. They wrote the theme some "Miracles from Molecules."

You passed through the Mighty Microscope to the size of a water molecule.

Presented by Monsanto
That's exactly the ride I was thinking of. As a kid I LOVED it. Glad to hear it has not been forgotten.

Was there ever a ride in the river at AK?

Yes, there were boats that traveled around the river, and on-board there was a person showing small animals like lizards, snakes, tarantulas, etc. You also cruised past an animatronic dragon, I assume from the planned Beastly Kingdom. You could see the dragon's cave from the bridge going to the Camp Minnie Mickey area. I think the dragon has been removed, but it may be there, a deteriorating relic.

Originally, the boats were to have two boarding areas. When we rode it, it was only boarding from the dock on the right as you are walking to Dinoland. The dock is now used as a character meet n greet.

Yes, there were boats that traveled around the river, and on-board there was a person showing small animals like lizards, snakes, tarantulas, etc. You also cruised past an animatronic dragon, I assume from the planned Beastly Kingdom. You could see the dragon's cave from the bridge going to the Camp Minnie Mickey area. I think the dragon has been removed, but it may be there, a deteriorating relic.

Originally, the boats were to have two boarding areas. When we road it, it was only boarding from the dock on the right as you are walking to Dinoland. The dock is now used as a character meet n greet.

I wonder why they discontinued this boat ride? :confused3

Another vote for my fav ride Alien Encounter (where else in WDW can you see the kids get a good cry now?, finally a ride that had a height requirement not so much for height, but how do you measure maturity? Loved that my first time I placed my hands over my face to protect myself from the breaking glass in the pitch dark...pure genius)

Another vote for a return on some of the good quality food that continues to dwindle and will likely one day be completely gone...poof!!

I wonder why they discontinued this boat ride? :confused3

Guests did seem very disappointed with the ride, itself. It wasn't a "transportation" ride, like the Frienship boats at EPCOT, taking you from one point to another, and some folks were grossed out by the critters. As AK was new, there still wasn't a lot to see along the river. With proper theming, like a live version of the Jungle Cruise, or even as a preview of the different areas of AK, (if they had build Beastly Kingdom) it would have been more popular, I think.

As it was, it was sort of like a small, floating version of Rafiki's Planet Watch. It needed to be better. It didn't live up to it's potential, and likely was either a last minute addition as AK was very "short" on attractions, or it was originally intended to be much more than it was.

I found a photo of it in operation.

large_1boatride.JPG

I also found this pic of the Dragon's cave. You can't see the animatronic dragon right now because he's a fire breathing dragon.
cmmcavefire.jpg

Count me as another vote for 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. I didn't get to go to Disney till after it had already been shut down, and it makes me so sad that I'll never get to see it myself.

I also agree - Tapestry of Nations at Epcot!

The old Back Lot Tour (with the homes) at DHS.

Appetizers with the DDP.

Mickey Mania Parade... anyone remember that one? It was by far the BEST jammin, rocking fun parade ever at MK!

Tarzan at AK.. I love Nemo..but I miss Tarzan.. he was a hottie fo sho!

Tapestry! I listen to the sound track a lot and miss the parade it was so amazing!

CHICKEN TENDERS.. Like the good ones.. not the nuggets they have now.. how sad.. :sad1:

FOOOOOOD ROCKS!! Veggie veggie fruit fruit. veggie fruit fruit cha cha cha OLE!

World of Motion

Horizons..

yep I miss lots of stuff!

Storytime with Belle! My daughter loves Belle...she will surely miss that this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter