Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure Epic Universe is going to be a major success. TBH lately none of what they have done to the parks is positive. After today's lacklustre WDW announcements there is nothing exciting coming.

Okay but you aren't about Disney and this is a Disney board. Ill choose to stay positive and enjoy the parks with my kids while they love it. There will be new and exciting things in time.

The whole teaser of ideas for villains, Dinoland etc was horrible to end with no announcement. They got people all excited for nothing.

I disagree. It's better that people know they are working on things and here's some ideas, even if they don't happen. People will complain either way, but at least there's proof that they aren't just sitting on their hands like so many around here would like to think.

Villainsland would be amazing.

Could also see them putting all the new lands in a 5th park. How much room is there to expand beyond Big Thunder?

Also, it is time to replace Dinoland. The land and the ride is dated, and something new is required.

I disagree. It's better that people know they are working on things and here's some ideas, even if they don't happen. People will complain either way, but at least there's proof that they aren't just sitting on their hands like so many around here would like to think.

I fully agree, and this allows some time to hear feedback while its easy to change gears if they need.

Okay...I missed most of it because life happens, but what was the section about the MK expansion and Dinoland? Are they 'definitely' making plans for those things and just throwing out ideas for both? Did I get that right?

Yeah, I'm fine with them showing us their ideas. People would have complained that nothing is being done to Dinoland but it's at least nice to know that something is absolutely in the works. I'm not going to get upset if not all of these specific ideas end up coming to be but it's exciting to know that new things are in the pipeline. I absolutely can't wait to share the excitement of new things with my son as he grows up. He's turning one next month and we are going on our first trip in November with him. There's so much to look forward to.

Okay...I missed most of it because life happens, but what was the section about the MK expansion and Dinoland? Are they 'definitely' making plans for those things and just throwing out ideas for both? Did I get that right?
Nothing they said is confirmed to be coming to either area. They're just throwing out ideas.

The whole teaser of ideas for villains, Dinoland etc was horrible to end with no announcement. They got people all excited for nothing.
Josh said he hopes to start locking in some of the things soon. They wouldn't mention this level of change if it wasn't under serious consideration. They learned after the pandemic that things can change and then they have to tell people about plans not happening. Which looks bad. With the potential recession, I can see why they aren't making promises at this point.

So what are the big announcements for WDW? I had to step away from the livestream and hoping for some concrete plans for the future.

If Zootopia and Moana take over Dinoland would that mean the dinosaur ride would be gone?

Any mention of when splash will go down for the tiana refurb?

So when would this Zootopia and Moana start work

all they have said is what if. sounds like it might not even happen

unless I am missing something

Actual announcement roundup: Stuff officially announced as new projects in bold
  1. Happily Evert After returning to WDW
  2. Tron opening Spring 2023
  3. New Unnamed Fireworks coming to Epcot in 2023
  4. Figment Meet & Greet coming to Epcot in 2023
  5. Hatbox Ghost being added to Haunted Mansion in 2023
  6. Moana and the rest of World Celebration will open in late 2023
  7. Multiverse attraction coming to Avengrers Campus
  8. San Fransokyo area and Baymax meet & greet coming replaced Pacific Wharf at DCA
  9. Disney Treasure Cruise Ship coming in 2024
  10. Lighthouse Point coming in 2024
  11. Tangled family attraction and garden promenade coming to Walt Disney Studios in Paris
  12. New Pixar stage show coming to Walt Disney Studios in Paris
  13. Magic Happens coming back to Disneyland in Spring 2023
  14. "World of Color - One" & "Wondrous Journeys" fireworks coming to Disneyland in January 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter