Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a great experience calling in today. Called the main line, 2 min wait. Gave all of my information and was told wait time for ticketing was 48 minutes so she recommended a call back.

Got a call back in 20 minutes, and my issue was resolved in 5 minutes!

I booked a short Christmas trip and bought Very Merriest After Hours tickets before APs were announced. Once the sorcerer pass blockout dates were released, I realized it made more sense to do the party on a day when my pass would be blocked vs when it is valid and I can do other parks. Short trip, Dec 16-20, first 2 days are valid last two will be blocked out. I had no issue swapping out my Dec 17 party tickets for Dec 19th even though the tickets are technically non refundable and non transferrable. Just needed to pay the small ~$20 difference.

Super happy camper this morning!

Ack -looks awful! Plus, I still hate the name - it's very "Universal" and doesn't match the Disney style. It should be something more magical sounding. Heck, they could have just kept the name FastPass and not changed the signs at all.
I guess they needed to differentiate from the phrase. Totally agree they could have come up with a better magical-sounding name! Lightning Lane reminds me of Six Flags with the Flash Pass, LOL

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole concept yet, my initial reaction is blah. But taking a wait and see attitude.

I happen to actually like the "lightening" name cause at least it's a related to a Disney character? Lightening McQueen?! Fast Pass kind of misled you into thinking it would be fast lol. Was fastER than standby, but sometimes not very fast.

I guess they needed to differentiate from the phrase. Totally agree they could have come up with a better magical-sounding name! Lightning Lane reminds me of Six Flags with the Flash Pass, LOL

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole concept yet, my initial reaction is blah. But taking a wait and see attitude.

Florida is know for it's lightning strikes, so I think of being struck by lightning when I hear the new name, LOL but that's me.

Since Disney is all about IP, maybe call it the "Dash Pass"

Disney Installs Lightning Lane Sticker Over FastPass Sign at Magic Kingdom

Cheap overlay on some of the signs for now. Will hopefully be replaced with more permanent signs later.

Tomorrowland Speedway is great! 😂🤣

View attachment 601610
This looks awful. I'm hoping it's because they are planning a launch super soon and it is temporary. I'd love to try it out next week.

Space 220 Opens September 20

Nothing announced as far as when reservations open just yet.
Fingers crossed for a soft opening prior!

Space 220 Opens September 20

Nothing announced as far as when reservations open just yet.
Last paragraph in article- Reservations for Space 220 will open on September 20 and will be available for booking up to 60 days in advance.

edit: @HokieRaven5 -Yeah that's probably a mistake on their part for including at the moment. Only thing that was announced was the Opening Date.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter