Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch those hotel prices are obscene. Thank God we have DVC otherwise we would never stay on site again. We have found SO many superb locations just outside the parks that are way cheaper and way nicer. We are also fortunate to have a car.
Yeah DVC just looks better and better lately. No resort parking fee. No charges per extra adult. And now getting deluxe perks.

We waited a long time to start renting because it is daunting at first look. There’s a lot to learn about the system itself, how to minimize risk and maximize room selection. But now I don’t think we’ll ever go back to rack rate or cash rooms unless it comes with free dining. DVC is well worth the learning curve.

Yeah DVC just looks better and better lately. No resort parking fee. No charges per extra adult. And now getting deluxe perks.

We waited a long time to start renting because it is daunting at first look. There’s a lot to learn about the system itself, how to minimize risk and maximize room selection. But now I don’t think we’ll ever go back to rack rate or cash rooms unless it comes with free dining. DVC is well worth the learning curve.

I agree, but in the end DVC kinda balances out since when times rooms are high like right now its great but then when it swings back to cheap rooms and good discounts DVC doesn't feel as good. With that said I am DVC and love having it.

I agree, but in the end DVC kinda balances out since when times rooms are high like right now its great but then when it swings back to cheap rooms and good discounts DVC doesn't feel as good. With that said I am DVC and love having it.
Good point. DVC seasons and cash rack rate seasons are different. DVC is old school where most of fall is still very cheap. And summer more expensive. Cash has evolved to better reflect the changes in visiting patterns.

Christmas time is a good example. The week before is almost half the points with DVC. Cost is much closer with cash rack rates.

Or you have a little who was insanely tall and desperately wanted to ride thrill rides he had no business riding at the ripe old age of 3. The melt down was epic and prevented us from using swap when we were there. I wasn’t going to have him being miserable so the grown ups could ride. If we’d been able to entertain him and distract him, it wouldn’t have been such a challenge.

Universal is not user friendly to those with young children.

Agreed, my brother is itching to go, I've said wait, your youngest will probably not get to experience too much. hes scared of cat in the hat type stuff so thats a no go for a while.

I'd pay $75 just for that. :poop:
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter