Disney Tattoos

All done - here's the raw, just finished result!
Figment%20Tat%201.jpg

Looks good. You should look up the contact info for Kathy on the DisUnplugged pod cast and send her that picture. She is a huge Figment fan.

This came out great! Was the writing on the rib cage more sensitive than anywhere else?

The front part of the writing and the quill didn't feel great but nothing hurt nearly as bad as my foot did and even that wasn't so bad - I'm planning to do the other one this year.

The front part of the writing and the quill didn't feel great but nothing hurt nearly as bad as my foot did and even that wasn't so bad - I'm planning to do the other one this year.
Good to know. I've asked many people about their discomfort level and I've gotten many different opinions. I have been told, foot and hand, the areas closest to the bone, are the most tender. One woman told me her Tattoo felt like 100 bee stings. I've gotten stung before and a bee sting really hurts....a hundred bee stings would be passing out for me! My nephews said it was like pricker scratches. That seems okay to me. It's interesting how people describe the feeling. Thanks for the feedback. I'm curious to hear how other people describe the pain? Any body want to take a "stab" at it? LOL

Good to know. I've asked many people about their discomfort level and I've gotten many different opinions. I have been told, foot and hand, the areas closest to the bone, are the most tender. One woman told me her Tattoo felt like 100 bee stings. I've gotten stung before and a bee sting really hurts....a hundred bee stings would be passing out for me! My nephews said it was like pricker scratches. That seems okay to me. It's interesting how people describe the feeling. Thanks for the feedback. I'm curious to hear how other people describe the pain? Any body want to take a "stab" at it? LOL

I would say it feels like cat scratches. My artist and I were talking about that yesterday - we both agreed it's mostly frame of mind. I said yesterday I get the most zen when I'm doing yoga or getting a tattoo. I'd rather just sit and get it done than over-think it. I'll sit for 5 hours and the only breaks I take are when my artist goes for a smoke - I just distance myself from it and concentrate on something else. Don't let the possibility of pain dissuade you from getting a tattoo - it's the least important part of the experience.

I would say it feels like cat scratches. My artist and I were talking about that yesterday - we both agreed it's mostly frame of mind. I said yesterday I get the most zen when I'm doing yoga or getting a tattoo. I'd rather just sit and get it done than over-think it. I'll sit for 5 hours and the only breaks I take are when my artist goes for a smoke - I just distance myself from it and concentrate on something else. Don't let the possibility of pain dissuade you from getting a tattoo - it's the least important part of the experience.
Oh no worries about the pain dissuading me....I'm just curious and passing time while waiting for the FD offer! LOL. My biggest issue is where to put the tattoo on my body. I want to see it! But my arms aren't very big and the pictures I want would have to wrap around...not sure I'll like how they look if the image wraps over both sides of my arm! It's driving me crazy!

I didn't want my arms for future work concerns so I went with my thighs. I get to see the pieces on the front of them all the time. My pieces on the backs of my thighs not so much but I love them anyway. The front ones are easier to cover up too because they can sit higher. Even though they're almost twice the size of the ones on the backs of my thighs they end higher so any reasonable length skirt covers them.

I'm curious to hear how other people describe the pain? Any body want to take a "stab" at it? LOL

I think sometimes the pain is as mild as someone rubbing coarse sandpaper against delicate skin. And sometimes the pain sucks and makes me cringe. And I usually end up like, clenching my fists or something cause I want to instinctively move away but obviously can't lol. It does hurt, but it's not so bad when you remember that you're in no real danger and it's okay to force your brain to ignore the pain responses. Actually I find the pain aspect kind of thrilling haha.

The most painful spot for me was right up on the front of my ankle when getting my foot tattoo. That hurt so bad for some reason. Otherwise I only have forearm tattoos so that's a nice fleshy spot.

I think sometimes the pain is as mild as someone rubbing coarse sandpaper against delicate skin. And sometimes the pain sucks and makes me cringe. And I usually end up like, clenching my fists or something cause I want to instinctively move away but obviously can't lol. It does hurt, but it's not so bad when you remember that you're in no real danger and it's okay to force your brain to ignore the pain responses. Actually I find the pain aspect kind of thrilling haha.

The most painful spot for me was right up on the front of my ankle when getting my foot tattoo. That hurt so bad for some reason. Otherwise I only have forearm tattoos so that's a nice fleshy spot.
Thanks...now I'm cringing! Just kidding...I like hearing the descriptions. It helps.

I'm still designing my tattoo. I'm working on one for my daughter but it's hard to know about the placement. I'm going to put it on clear plastic sheets and then I can move it around to see where she wants it and if it's the right size. Anyone ever disappointed with theirs?

I recently asked a Tattoo artist where he thought was the most sensitive area to get a tattoo. He said the rib cage. My sweetheart's daughter designed one for her back, it's really large, she said she passed out. One woman I asked at the dentist office, she said it felt like a hundred bee stings! Ouch. Now....I think these are extreme cases. My nephews, both heavily tattooed, in their late 30's said, it feels like needle pricks, like thorns on a picker bush. I've gotten lots of scratches from thorns and am thinking....it's not too bad! It's fun to think about anyway.

I will say that Figment was more painful than my Donald one because of the large spaces that had to be filled in. The outlining wasn't bad at all but there were times when the purple, pink & black large areas were being done that I cringed a bit but the end results are worth it :-)

Spaceship Earth, still some work to come later this summer.

Attachments

• Photo Apr 28, 1 36 39 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 28, 1 36 39 PM.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 56

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter