Disney Vacation Account Ending

I was thinking of contributing another $1000 in gift cards to my DVA just yesterday! Looks like I missed out on an easy $50. I'll take the 5% on what I already have in my account though.

Yup, just pulled $1000 out by GC a few days ago.

I just got this email too, and rushed to disboards for commiseration. I opened mine about a month ago- was going to get it up to 3k and then spend for the $60 in giftcards. With how glitchy their system is, and how inconsistent their messaging is, I am really uncomfortable with the sum presently in there being returned to me in an email and extremely skeptical that I'll get an added 5%. Hope they prove me wrong.

I mentioned this on the Gift Card Deals thread but I have 47 cents left in my account (no idea how it'll be refunded :laughing:) but wonder if I chose option 3 if I'd actually get a $5 gift card? :scratchin

I just got this email too, and rushed to disboards for commiseration. I opened mine about a month ago- was going to get it up to 3k and then spend for the $60 in giftcards. With how glitchy their system is, and how inconsistent their messaging is, I am really uncomfortable with the sum presently in there being returned to me in an email and extremely skeptical that I'll get an added 5%. Hope they prove me wrong.

I did it already and already got my full amount plus 5% sent to me in a gift card e-mail. I am going to have my travel agent put that gift certificate toward my cruise tonight.

I keep trying to get my gift cards. First it said failed.........now the total of the giftcards are LESS than I have in my account!

Wouldn't that be $5.47?

Well option 3 says they refund what's in your account plus a 2% bonus or $5 Disney Gift Card sent separately. I was just meaning, with so little in my account will I actually get that $5 Card? I mean, nothing on the print reads there needs to be a minimum so it's good with me!

And I honestly have no clue how the 47 cents will be refunded as my DVA was always fully funded with gift cards and who knows WHERE that 47 cents came from. But it's a win anyway if I get a $5 gift card!

oh bother, i just remembered that when disney tried to email me a eGC before it never came though. they claimed it was because of the AOL address (blocked it, didn't accept it, i don't know. but there was enough people with AOL addresses that it was basically an option to check off for why they had to give a physical card) of course, that's my disney account address. i don't suppose anyone else here is in the same boat and would know if it'll work this time? :)

Well I have over 4,800 in my account. The three gift cards that show are 1995, 1995 and 225. LOL! That's not even all my money much less the 5%. What does everyone advise?

Just to alleviate some potential fears, the eGift card they issue is a full gift card, with full account number and pin. These aren't like the Disney store ones that you have to carry around on paper. So you can immediately put them into disneygiftcard.com. Nice to have the 5%, disappointed given I have $1100 of gift cards arriving tomorrow that I was going to put into the system, so close :)

Thanks for this! I was able to get my GC, add it to to my gift cards online, and then transfer the funds to an existing card in my account. I had less than $1000 so I was able to do that. Not sure how anyone with more would do it.

Sad to see it go, great place to park gift cards. Requested egiftcard and received the $1k and change with the 5% within a minute. Will use it to pay down the cruise.

Lmao, y'all encouraged me it might be ok so I open the email, click the link, and get this message:

DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE
The Disney Vacation Account website is temporarily down for maintenance. Please return to this site at a later time. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Feeling really stupid for not recording the exact amount I had in there with screenshots.

What happened? What were the problems with DVA? I loved it because I bought GCs at Target and got 5% off, then got the GC bonus $ after redeeming.

I closed out one acct with $183 in it; I have another for a cruise with about 2k and I'm not sure what to do. I booked my cruise onboard then changed to Costco within 30 days. Will Costco accept egiftcard or should I just pay in full with them with DVA acct #? I'd rather do the first because of the extra $ but only if Costco will take it.

I never got any e-mail notifying about the closing.

Just found out about it 30 minutes ago.

And the only reason I found out as I was paying for the WDW reservation using DVA and when I put it through the balance it showed was on my account was much less than I expected. I was expecting refund for couple reservations I cancelled yesterday. And the refund didn't go through.

I am kind of concerned. If the refund was processed properly (as it was happening before) I would have a little over 3000 on the account. But right now I have a little less then 500.

So I never was notified, I kept spending the money and was not given proper refund. And now they are closed, so I can't even ask somebody.

And luckily I did notice that the starting page of the DVA web-site looked a little different today.

That's how I found out because I read the message on the first page. Otherwise I still would not have had any idea.

I actually tried to log-in in the night, but the web-site was down for maintenance.

Just to alleviate some potential fears, the eGift card they issue is a full gift card, with full account number and pin. These aren't like the Disney store ones that you have to carry around on paper. So you can immediately put them into disneygiftcard.com. Nice to have the 5%, disappointed given I have $1100 of gift cards arriving tomorrow that I was going to put into the system, so close :)

I prefer not to have an eGift Card sitting in my email. Is there a way to buy a plastic GC on Disneygiftcards.com? I tried and when going to checkout it does not give me option to pay with this egift card?? Am I doing something wrong?

I prefer not to have an eGift Card sitting in my email. Is there a way to buy a plastic GC on Disneygiftcards.com? I tried and when going to checkout it does not give me option to pay with this egift card?? Am I doing something wrong?
Here is my suggestion. If you have an actual plastic gift card, register it on Disneygifts.com. Then you can transfer EGC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter