Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Ask anyone who has been to WDW or really any of the Disney parks that have reopened; if CALIFORNIA would just follow the example of DISNEY, we could open ALL businesses and ALL schools, following the Disney Covid safety protocols. All businesses, all schools - no exceptions. What Disney is doing works - there has been no spread in any of the parks. Also, if Gov. Newsom wants Disney to set up a COVID testing site as a condition of opening, they will do it. After all, they did in Florida - no reason why they wouldn't here.
Do you really think that Disney will ever admit to their being an exposure at their parks? I don't think so, and Florida is doing horrible COVID number wise and on top of that there is no contact tracing so we don't know how well Disney is doing and no one is going to want to admit they caught COVID at a theme park. It's a bad look for Disney.

Disney could easily do the thing that Knotts is doing and I bet it would sell out within seconds and they would make decent money off of it. I wonder why they aren't doing that? California Adventure is big enough to where people could easily be spread out, and the food festival does really well when it's happening at DCA. If Disney was really upset about laying off all those CMs they would be finding other ways to make things work besides trying to rile people up, it would give some people their jobs back but Disney doesn't really want to do that and it's quite a shame.

Disney could easily do the thing that Knotts is doing and I bet it would sell out within seconds and they would make decent money off of it. I wonder why they aren't doing that? California Adventure is big enough to where people could easily be spread out, and the food festival does really well when it's happening at DCA. If Disney was really upset about laying off all those CMs they would be finding other ways to make things work besides trying to rile people up, it would give some people their jobs back but Disney doesn't really want to do that and it's quite a shame.
By not doing events like that Disney is looking to the big picture. They are not accepting the state’s restrictions. They want as complete an opening as they can get.

By not doing events like that Disney is looking to the big picture. They are not accepting the state’s restrictions. They want as complete an opening as they can get.

Disney can still look at the big picture and do those events, they are being stubborn and are no better. Instead of being prideful they should figure out a way to make things work but I guess they want to have a certain narrative. Those poor CMs that they used as pawns in this whole situation is just.. disappointing.

Do you really think that Disney will ever admit to their being an exposure at their parks? I don't think so, and Florida is doing horrible COVID number wise and on top of that there is no contact tracing so we don't know how well Disney is doing and no one is going to want to admit they caught COVID at a theme park. It's a bad look for Disney.

Look up Orange County, Fl and Orange County CA....there’s almost no difference. FL much lower but almost 1/3 less people.

The total cases per capita does go to FL, but mortality is virtually the dame and Florida’s businesses are operating, some without restrictions.

Actually, I don't believe they can, because Knott's opened the area classified a "Marketplace", and Disney is a theme park. They can't open the theme park without violating the rules. They could put the festival booths out in the DTD area, but not inside the gates.

Can I suggest admin start a sticky thread that has a list of contact info for the Governor, Orange County, etc. so we can encourage everyone to participate in a letter writing campaign if they so desire? It would have more of an impact than posting in the regular threads (and might end the back-and-forth political discussion - BONUS!)
Have you thought of starting this thread yourself? Start the thread here in the DL Community Board, then post an announcement here with a link so that people know where to find it. The DIS does not allow posts promoting or asking for petition signatures, so there can be no "encouraging everyone to participate." However, it should be easy to make clear that that is not what you are requesting in your thread. You will only be providing contact information for those who are interested in having it.

So I went to the Knotts Halloween thing today, and I legitimately think that it is MORE covid dangerous to keep the rides closed.

That 25% capacity felt as busy as a regular busy day at Disneyland, and I think it’s because no one is in lines sucking up space. Even with lines being socially distant, they will still eat up guests and leave walkways less congested.

Also to Knotts’ credit, the whole thing was very well organized and clean. I felt very safe (but for the increase in the crowds when the sun went down)

Actually, I don't believe they can, because Knott's opened the area classified a "Marketplace", and Disney is a theme park. They can't open the theme park without violating the rules. They could put the festival booths out in the DTD area, but not inside the gates.
Oh, I've been wondering why DL couldn't do this, considering Knott's events keep selling out. I thought Knott's opened the park and just kept most things closed. It's still a little confusing for me because I haven't been there. Is the event in the street area out front that had the shops and restaurant with a different entrance to the ghost town part? I've been thinking DL could have had carts in the esplanade and maybe on Main St and that it would similar to Knotts, but maybe the Knotts set up is totally different than I am imagining it.

I don’t understand this distinction. Why are Knotts and DL classified differently?

They both have shopping areas outside their parks - Knott’s has The Marketplace and Disney has DTD.

But the Knott’s Taste Festivals that require a paid admission ticket take place inside the park. Pretty much the entire theme park is open, it’s just that the rides are not operating.

Have you thought of starting this thread yourself? Start the thread here in the DL Community Board, then post an announcement here with a link so that people know where to find it. The DIS does not allow posts promoting or asking for petition signatures, so there can be no "encouraging everyone to participate." However, it should be easy to make clear that that is not what you are requesting in your thread. You will only be providing contact information for those who are interested in having it.
Yes, thought about it, but didn't want to break any rules in doing so. I will try and compile the info when I have a minute and will do just that - thanks!
PS - the post with the link to the CAPA website is a great place to start if anyone is so inclined.

Anyone see if newsom have a press conference today. This will be the first time he would field Q&A after the announcement

As far as classification -- that would be a local county issue most likely and if Disney wanted to make adjustments to reopen, I would fathom that OC would be willing to work on that issue quite willingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter