Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know the reasoning behind them not opening El Mercado? I realize they have some food options but it just seems so bizarre.

Just returned from a 5 night stay. CS is now our favorite Mod resort. The only negative issues was that no QS at this resort or refillable mugs. We love the QS for breakfast and late night snacks. We couldn't even find a Mickey bar! What a disappointment.

Last time Imwas there they had an ice cream case with Mickey Bars in the Panchos the gift shop

I read in a FB group that they are run by an outside company and they have not been able to reopen due to that.
I don't believe that's the reason, because the same restaurant group (Palmas) runs several other sites (Rix, Siestas, etc) that have already reopened.

I'm wondering if either A) there is not enough demand in #s of guests yet, and/or B) they may not be configured for mobile ordering yet.

Stayed at CS on a whim Friday night. Was really quiet at the resort on Friday. Did Epcot during the day and while it was enjoyable, very different experience with all of the construction in future world. Pool in the afternoon was very quiet and enjoyable. Had wings at 3 bridges and a cocktail. Stopped by Rix for a spicy margarita before heading to Disney Springs for the night. Overall really enjoyed how quiet it was everywhere we went. At the Springs we did Boathouse, Art's Chicken, Splitsville and finished the night listening to music outside at House of Blues. Very busy day with lots of laughs and great cast members. Saturday we went to MK in the morning for some Halloween fun before heading home. We have now done all the resorts post covid and as always CS is one of our favorites.

I don't believe that's the reason, because the same restaurant group (Palmas) runs several other sites (Rix, Siestas, etc) that have already reopened.

I'm wondering if either A) there is not enough demand in #s of guests yet, and/or B) they may not be configured for mobile ordering yet.
I talked to one of wait staff at Rix about the QS. She said it takes 3 times as much staff than the TS to run.

I talked to one of wait staff at Rix about the QS. She said it takes 3 times as much staff than the TS to run.
That explanation makes sense. But then it makes you wonder why at other resorts they have none of their table service open they do have their QS open -- like at Caribbean Beach. It just seems like if you had to choose one over the other, right now QS would be it.

On another note...bus stopped at all stops even tho the other building are not being used...thought it was strange and just time consuming to stop.

Do we know the reasoning behind them not opening El Mercado? I realize they have some food options but it just seems so bizarre.
We do not. We don’t even know if it’s Disney’s call or the third party that runs so many of the restaurants.

What I think we can assume is they’re making good money forcing everyone to eat TS instead of QS.

I can see why the food court is not open currently at CS...the entire resort was pretty empty....not at all like the crowd at CBR. Pool, parking lot, lobby all seemed really quiet
It could be an occupancy thing. We've stayed at CBR twice since reopening and it was always bumping. I'm going Thanksgiving week and there are still several types of rooms available at CSR for my dates, so maybe they're just not seeing the crowds at the resort to justify it? We'll likely never know, but speculating gives me something to do. :rotfl:

I’m going to go with occupancy as well. My guess is that overall average occupancy is quite low.

Personally, I’m thrilled with what’s open and it’s better than what I expected. I was fully prepared to bail on CSR if it was just going to be the QS open.

Obviously I’m in the minority though!

I’m going to go with occupancy as well. My guess is that overall average occupancy is quite low.

Personally, I’m thrilled with what’s open and it’s better than what I expected. I was fully prepared to bail on CSR if it was just going to be the QS open.

Obviously I’m in the minority though!

I agree. I'm in the minority as well. I'm extremely happy with what is open. We arrive in Wednesday and I can't wait!

So, how is the bus service to the parks where that's a necessity? I've heard something about capacity issues? I'm going out to Orlando without a vehicle next week and I have CSR reservations, so bus service is a crucial thing.

Someone else may have answered this, but driving is ideal all except for MK. I'm not sure what we're going to do on our MK day this week yet. I think I want to see how crowded the resort is before hopping on a bus. We're not rope droppers anyway but don't want to be on a crowded bus either.
We are rope droppers, but thinking about avoiding bus due to potential crowds or lines for it, especially in the morning.

This is our first time staying on property that we'll have a car (only because our friend is driving from SC to stay with us for the week, and she is willing to drive anywhere we need), so my wife thought we could avoid the schedule, and waiting on a bus due to social distancing capacity, plus she is concerned about being on the busses (covid/air concerns).

MK isn't my first choice of parks to drive to because of crossing the Sevan Seas Lagoon to get to the park vs Bus drop off point. And to be honest, I like the convenience (and less walk) of the Disney Resort Bus drop off/pickup points at the parks :D

I fear for our two MK days we need to drive. Our 1st we have reservations after park hours at The Wave, and from what I'm hearing, we would have difficulty getting a bus back to GDT after dinner (I've read that the busses from MK to resort only run 1hr after parks close?? Park closes at 8p, and our dinner is 8:15p, so I expect being done about 9:30ish). Our other MK day is the day we fly out, so our friend is going to take us from the MK to the airport, which gives us a little more park time (so we don't have to head back to the resort to get our checked bags and catch the Magical Express).

We are rope droppers, but thinking about avoiding bus due to potential crowds or lines for it, especially in the morning.

This is our first time staying on property that we'll have a car (only because our friend is driving from SC to stay with us for the week, and she is willing to drive anywhere we need), so my wife thought we could avoid the schedule, and waiting on a bus due to social distancing capacity, plus she is concerned about being on the busses (covid/air concerns).

MK isn't my first choice of parks to drive to because of crossing the Sevan Seas Lagoon to get to the park vs Bus drop off point. And to be honest, I like the convenience (and less walk) of the Disney Resort Bus drop off/pickup points at the parks :D

I fear for our two MK days we need to drive. Our 1st we have reservations after park hours at The Wave, and from what I'm hearing, we would have difficulty getting a bus back to GDT after dinner (I've read that the busses from MK to resort only run 1hr after parks close?? Park closes at 8p, and our dinner is 8:15p, so I expect being done about 9:30ish). Our other MK day is the day we fly out, so our friend is going to take us from the MK to the airport, which gives us a little more park time (so we don't have to head back to the resort to get our checked bags and catch the Magical Express).

When we are going to MK for early entry, we always try to make a reservation at the Wave for breakfast or coffee and then walk over to MK to start the day. This past Saturday (Halloween) we booked a resi at the Wave and had coffee and walked over, then after walked back and drove home.

As far as buses go, they have changed the seating a little bit inside the buses from what I can tell...they seem to get more people on now..but again, if you have a bunch of single riders, then it changes. This past Friday, from CSR to Epcot was easy and quick...slowest part was stopping at the bus stops where the resort section was closed....silly and not sure why.

On bus from The Wave back to GDT, there is no bus from hotel, you could do TTC, but the monorail will stop an hour after park close. You could take bus to Disney Springs, then to GDT.

Dining capacity must have increased there are lots of dining ADR’s available right now! I just got Beaches and Cream and Topolinos for first week of Dec!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter