• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerning the dig site - are the big water slide, playground, and arcade open for normal use? Or is it just the pools which are open and all of the other amenities still closed?

My wife and I are bringing our two kids (9 and 7) for a week in November, including a rest day at the resort. I’m hoping that we can keep them entertained at the resort that day for as long as possible, but will try to plan some offsite activities if necessary...

Thanks in advance for your help!
. No arcade or playground. Water slide at pool is open. Pool hours 10-10 for big pool.

The nights we don't have TS reservations, if we want to eat at GDT, since we don't have reservations, it sounds like we should find food elsewhere, and bring it back with us instead? If I'm reading right it sounds like Take Out at Rix Sports Bar is an option, but there is no mobile order and it can be a long wait if they aren't over full. Siestas Cantina (Pool bar) isn't open very late, so if we stay at the park until closing, we wont get back in time. And the other things open require reservation. Is that right?

Don’t forget Three Bridges. It’s first come first seated, but you can check the approx wait and join the walk up list in the app, which is very handy:

7ABE5087-8B1E-4DC4-853D-599650860BC3.png

Also Three Bridges To Go mobile ordering in the app is “coming soon” - that should come online here sometime shortly (maybe even this week) if it follows the same timeline as how they added this feature at some of the other resorts. When it goes live, there will be a button on this page to make your order.

2E35461E-95E0-4755-822D-4FCB1F18EEC5.png

One more small note on the buses, which have been fantastic both for rope drop and returning from the parks all week: the Disney Springs route picks up and drops off at GDT first, then Casitas.
That's really helpful information. Thank you for posting. :thanks:

Considering the issues with the busses (limited seating) and the limited options for dining I really think that CSR should not be charging the $25 per night parking fees. People should have access to their cars For transportation to the parks and offsite dining/groceries without being charged extra.
It really stinks.. pay for rental.. pay for parking.
It was bad the tower is a long walk from building 3 in the dark to pick up pizza because all the stores were closed.

If there is no counter service does that mean there are no refillable mugs?!
The last I heard, there are no refillable mugs at this resort (but that was 2 weeks ago when it opened).
Does anyone know if this has changed? I know at least one of the places that had the station in 2019 is closed right now.

At the airport now after a nine-night stay. The food situation brightened considerably after Three Bridges launched mobile ordering.

Room was fine and bus transportation was outstanding. There was a cute Halloween scavenger hunt going on this afternoon.

We usually choose POFQ when staying moderate, but if they open El Mercado, we would enjoy another Coronado stay.

Is driving/skipping the busses to the parks an ok plan if we want to get into the parks before/at opening? (especially DHS and MK).
Someone else may have answered this, but driving is ideal all except for MK. I'm not sure what we're going to do on our MK day this week yet. I think I want to see how crowded the resort is before hopping on a bus. We're not rope droppers anyway but don't want to be on a crowded bus either.

Someone else may have answered this, but driving is ideal all except for MK. I'm not sure what we're going to do on our MK day this week yet. I think I want to see how crowded the resort is before hopping on a bus. We're not rope droppers anyway but don't want to be on a crowded bus either.
. If you’re not rope droppers then get on the MK bus after the park is already open. The buses don’t really get crowded because they aren’t filling them like the used to.

Just returned from a 5 night stay. CS is now our favorite Mod resort. The only negative issues was that no QS at this resort or refillable mugs. We love the QS for breakfast and late night snacks. We couldn't even find a Mickey bar! What a disappointment.

Just returned from a 5 night stay. CS is now our favorite Mod resort. The only negative issues was that no QS at this resort or refillable mugs. We love the QS for breakfast and late night snacks. We couldn't even find a Mickey bar! What a disappointment.
The gift shop which wasn’t that great has a freezer with Mickey bars. Totally agree about the QS & refillable mugs. Would definitely stay again at GDT but need more dining options

The gift shop which wasn’t that great has a freezer with Mickey bars. Totally agree about the QS & refillable mugs. Would definitely stay again at GDT but need more dining options
That's were we checked, never had any Mickey bars while we were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter