Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - were you the couple talking to the bartender when he showed you the pic with the trophy!

Ha, no, doesn’t sound like me. Unless by couple you mean me and my 10 year old son. And while the spicy margaritas were strong, I don’t remember any bartender trophy pics. So no, don’t think that was me.

So, we just stayed at CSR last week and I have to say -- I missed the QS more than I thought I would. It was a real bummer not to have that option. I was glad we had a car.

QS?

Just changed from the Contemporary after finding out Epcot line was down. Saving $2K over Christmas. Only spending one day at Magic Kingdom, so I figured it wasn't worth 2K for easy access to the park one day. Was that the right choice? I have only been to WDW once, and stayed off site.

QS?

Just changed from the Contemporary after finding out Epcot line was down. Saving $2K over Christmas. Only spending one day at Magic Kingdom, so I figured it wasn't worth 2K for easy access to the park one day. Was that the right choice? I have only been to WDW once, and stayed off site.
Quick service. The food court is closed so the only options are sit down restaurants or a few grab and go options.
Are any other buildings open other than Casitas 1,2 &3?
Casitas 4 and 5 are open too.

Are any other buildings open other than Casitas 1,2 &3?

They're booking Standard View, so that would mean Casitas 4 & 5 also. (I believe only Casitas is open right now - and the Tower.) Unless they plan to do a LOT of complimentary upgrades to Preferred or the Tower.

They're booking Standard View, so that would mean Casitas 4 & 5 also. (I believe only Casitas is open right now - and the Tower.) Unless they plan to do a LOT of complimentary upgrades to Preferred or the Tower.
I've actually been requesting rooms in building 5 but have been getting 2. There are some nice rooms with a partial view in 5, but if its closed I'll stop requesting. For some reason even with online check in I've had to go the front desk the last 2 times. I was wondering if my room request is making this happen.

We booked the Tower - water view. Do you all prefer that or the Casitas?

I've actually been requesting rooms in building 5 but have been getting 2. There are some nice rooms with a partial view in 5, but if its closed I'll stop requesting. For some reason even with online check in I've had to go the front desk the last 2 times. I was wondering if my room request is making this happen.

I'd say you've been getting pixie dust being bumped to a preferred room. If you really want Building 5 and you aren't given your request, you can always go to the front desk (since you have anyway - I've never known a request to trigger that...possibly something with your card on file?) and ask if there is anything in Building 5 available.

At CBR once they "upgraded" (because of the price) me to a Pirate Room - NOT what I wanted/needed for the weekend I was doing Goofy. So I politely asked to be downgraded to what I booked. It took a couple of calls, but they were able to do it - putting me in a Preferred room rather than the Standard I'd booked.

Ha, no, doesn’t sound like me. Unless by couple you mean me and my 10 year old son. And while the spicy margaritas were strong, I don’t remember any bartender trophy pics. So no, don’t think that was me.
I was there last Sat nite. Sat next to a couple who were talking to bartender who showed us pics they got to take when the Lakers won the NBA trophy. Lebron arranged for all the cast members to get their pictures with it.

Kinda random but I noticed Disney tweaked the Three Bridges name to Three Bridges Bar and Grill at Villa del Lago.

I guess maybe I’m just dumb, but I never quite understood the Three Bridges name when Villa del Lago is what you see on the actual building. 🤣

58685E5C-CEF8-4047-95AF-C47EFE5CED10.png

Kinda random but I noticed Disney tweaked the Three Bridges name to Three Bridges Bar and Grill at Villa del Lago.

I guess maybe I’m just dumb, but I never quite understood the Three Bridges name when Villa del Lago is what you see on the actual building. 🤣

View attachment 542030

Are there 3 bridges connecting rest of resort to the restaurant? That's what I assumed.

I think we are supposed to be pretending we are at someone's villa, visiting their restaurant? :D

Are there 3 bridges connecting rest of resort to the restaurant? That's what I assumed.

I think we are supposed to be pretending we are at someone's villa, visiting their restaurant? :D

I don’t really know, but when I first stayed there last year I ventured out to the middle of the lake because that’s where I assumed Three Bridges Bar & Grill was located - but the sign on the side of the building said Villa del Lago - so I admit I walked around looking for Three Bridges Bar & Grill way longer than I should admit. I eventually figured it out, but it had me confused! Again, probably just me being a total idiot.

So at CSR GDT now. walked over to Casitas bus stop to catch MK bus yesterday Morning for rope drop ....the first bus arrived at 8:07 and filled with people so it didn’t proceed to the GDT stop but just left directly for MK. Does anyone know if they have separate MK busses Going to both stops first thing in morning Or guests at the GDT bus stop just have to wait until a bus finally makes it over with available seats. It seemed like there were still enough people who couldn’t get on first bus at the Casitas stop to fill the 2nd bus that came as well.

So has anyone experienced the main pool reaching capacity? How is it handled? Can we just go to another quiet pool?

So has anyone experienced the main pool reaching capacity? How is it handled? Can we just go to another quiet pool?

We were at the main pool every day during our stay. While it would have an afternoon peak like most Disney pools in normal times, it was never completely full/closed for capacity when we were there. While I’m sure it’s possible, seems like it would have taken a lot more to get to that point, just judging by chairs.

Granted I didn’t feel like the resort was particularly crowded/occupied in general either.

One good byproduct of Covid is I think people are more thoughtful about putting away used towels when they leave.... plus CMs are more active with their chair cleaning/removing towels from chairs where people are lazy and leave them, so it sort of keeps chair availability open. Of course like with most Disney things that can ebb and flow a bit as well.

We were at the main pool every day during our stay. While it would have an afternoon peak like most Disney pools in normal times, it was never completely full/closed for capacity when we were there. While I’m sure it’s possible, seems like it would have taken a lot more to get to that point, just judging by chairs.

Granted I didn’t feel like the resort was particularly crowded/occupied in general either.

One good byproduct of Covid is I think people are more thoughtful about putting away used towels when they leave.... plus CMs are more active with their chair cleaning/removing towels from chairs where people are lazy and leave them, so it sort of keeps chair availability open. Of course like with most Disney things that can ebb and flow a bit as well.

Thanks! We don't go until April/May, but I'm assuming capacity restrictions/social distancing will still be in place, although also along with increased capacity.

It will be hot and I'm sure we will want to use the pool. :D

I stayed in CSR a couple weeks ago & really liked it over our normal budget resorts!! I'm planning a couple of trips next year & looking at dates around June 24th, 2021. Nothing is coming up except suites.
Since this resort is new to me, I may have missed some news.

Does anyone know why that is the only rooms showing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter