Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stayed in CSR a couple weeks ago & really liked it over our normal budget resorts!! I'm planning a couple of trips next year & looking at dates around June 24th, 2021. Nothing is coming up except suites.
Since this resort is new to me, I may have missed some news.

Does anyone know why that is the only rooms showing up?

Availability does look weird for June. One possibility is a LOT of people moved trips to June 2021 and later in hopes of things changing by then. Since CSR (and all hotels) have a capacity restrictions right now, certain booking categories/rooms may fill up faster.

Or their system is just wonky right now! :D

I stayed in CSR a couple weeks ago & really liked it over our normal budget resorts!! I'm planning a couple of trips next year & looking at dates around June 24th, 2021. Nothing is coming up except suites.
Since this resort is new to me, I may have missed some news.

Does anyone know why that is the only rooms showing up?
It looks like there is a conference at CSR June 23-26, maybe they've prebooked most of the rooms? https://www.cal-hosa.org/event/ilc-disneys-coronado-springs-orlando-florida/

Or that!

Any else find it kind of funny that the group booking the conference during a pandemic is HOSA - future health professionals of California? :D
"or that"....LOL
I was in the same boat....just couldn't figure it out. and yes, kinda funny it's for HOSA.
guess I'll head back to budget and keep watching

"or that"....LOL
I was in the same boat....just couldn't figure it out. and yes, kinda funny it's for HOSA.
guess I'll head back to budget and keep watching

Since CSR reopened there have been a few times where people have noted odd availability for various dates. We’ve speculated about conventions that are still on the books and yet to be cancelled, Disney holding back for possible future bubble type events, Disney’s booking algorithms being wonky, and pretty much every other possibility. This is generally unique to CSR, from what I see on the boards and my own searching. I’d definitely search the website every week or so to see if anything changes.

Hope it works out for you!

Since CSR reopened there have been a few times where people have noted odd availability for various dates. We’ve speculated about conventions that are still on the books and yet to be cancelled, Disney holding back for possible future bubble type events, Disney’s booking algorithms being wonky, and pretty much every other possibility. This is generally unique to CSR, from what I see on the boards and my own searching. I’d definitely search the website every week or so to see if anything changes.

Hope it works out for you!
thanks....not a huge big deal....we are not picky. Since we are normally only there to sleep. but, this last visit, with COVID, we spent a little more time in the room. Only thing I didn't like about CSR room was only having 1 chair at the desk/table. hard to eat in our rooms without a little table. I do like that at Pop

So at CSR GDT now. walked over to Casitas bus stop to catch MK bus yesterday Morning for rope drop ....the first bus arrived at 8:07 and filled with people so it didn’t proceed to the GDT stop but just left directly for MK. Does anyone know if they have separate MK busses Going to both stops first thing in morning Or guests at the GDT bus stop just have to wait until a bus finally makes it over with available seats. It seemed like there were still enough people who couldn’t get on first bus at the Casitas stop to fill the 2nd bus that came as well.

I am curious about this question as well. Since Casasita’s is the first stop for the parks pick up, should we walk over there from GDT, or will they have seperate buses for GDT?

I am curious about this question as well. Since Casasita’s is the first stop for the parks pick up, should we walk over there from GDT, or will they have seperate buses for GDT?
The MK bus that came to the Tower stop this morning around 7:20 for an 8:00 am opening had 3 sections left for seating. There were about 7 groups of people waiting. I would suggest hoofing it over to bus stop 2 if you want to be sure of a seat at park opening. Disney Springs is the only bus that stops at GDT first.

The MK bus that came to the Tower stop this morning around 7:20 for an 8:00 am opening had 3 sections left for seating. There were about 7 groups of people waiting. I would suggest hoofing it over to bus stop 2 if you want to be sure of a seat at park opening. Disney Springs is the only bus that stops at GDT first.

I am back home tonight after a 5 day trip. Just wanted to add that I was in Casitas... I left for the bus stop 90 minutes before park openings and a bus came each day 70-80 minutes prior to park opening. I had planned to uber, especially for the Hollywood Studio days, but the bus service was fantastic and allowed for me to be at the front of the temp check/park entry line each day.

We stopped on the way at GDT if there were any open sections (HS days were full). I can’t speak to whether any would come specifically for GDT - each time for me (morning or afternoon) they always went to Bus Stop 2 first.

So has anyone experienced the main pool reaching capacity? How is it handled? Can we just go to another quiet pool?

We arrived the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, and the pool was at capacity. Even so, it looked well-spaced and fairly reasonable. They had CMs at the entrance to let people know and keep a line going if people wanted to enter. You could only enter through one point, so if you left to grab food or get something and come back you had to essentially have your family get you back in another gate or point your family/stuff out to the CM. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it was being handled and people's behavior about it. You can certainly go to a quiet pool if it's at capacity.

We returned home a couple days ago after a 10-night stay at CSR. It was our first non-value resort; we're usually Pop people, but we're both afraid of heights so the Skyliner is more of a negative than a plus, and we were concerned about reports of crowding at that resort anyway. We stayed in Casitas 5 - I had specifically requested that we be near a bus stop and on the ground floor because I use an electric wheelchair. Both requests were met.

Overall, we really liked the resort. It had enough of a Disney feel for us, which I had been worried about, and the beds were very comfortable. And of course it's just a gorgeous resort. It was also pleasantly mostly-empty, so we never had too big of a problem with people around.

There were only two big negatives for us:
1. No QS. I had known/been concerned about this going in, and it was ok but not great. Rix Cafe being open was a life-saver, but we're really sick of chicken strips! I also wish that there had been a refillable drink station; we ordered a bunch of beverages from Amazon instead, but I miss that option.
2. The lack of specified bus lines. We never had a problem getting on a bus or getting to/from a park whenever we wanted. For that matter, we never had to wait very long for a bus. The biggest issue was that it was basically a giant cluster of people with very little distancing and no sense of who wanted which bus. That really wore on us, even as people tried to be considerate to one another. It just really needed some structure/order/something.

I think we'll definitely be back to CSR, but we'll wait until QS is back.

We arrived the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, and the pool was at capacity. Even so, it looked well-spaced and fairly reasonable. They had CMs at the entrance to let people know and keep a line going if people wanted to enter. You could only enter through one point, so if you left to grab food or get something and come back you had to essentially have your family get you back in another gate or point your family/stuff out to the CM. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it was being handled and people's behavior about it. You can certainly go to a quiet pool if it's at capacity.

Just at it last night. Not even close to capacity. We almost had the whole main pool to ourselves. This resort is beautiful.
We waited about 5 minutes for AK bus at 8:45 this morning at the GDTower, no wait. They had 2 buses back to back.
No need to rope drop today and it stays open till 8:00 pm.
Great day so far. About to eat at Yak and Yeti.

Just booked Gran Destino Tower for an extended President's day weekend (5 nights - can't wait!). I'm super excited, this will be our first time there. We love the Festival of the Arts so I'm really looking forward to that as well.
Just woke up for our Magic Kingdom day.
We are not rope dropping, we want to be fresh to stay till closing.
Also, you can get milk and cereal and juice in the shops, so no need for us to Instacart or use Uber to go to the store. We saved some bottles from the parks and filled them with tap water, so no need to waste money on bottled water, saves tons of money. The tap water from the rooms and parks tastes fine. And the sit down restaurant provides you ice water. We are huge water drinkers.

We have a water view Tower room and I LOVE this room. It is HUGE!!!!! Beds are heaven!!!!

For the ladies with naturally curly hair, the shower is so clean, huge, and beautiful, but you will have to use the handheld shower piece to get the shampoo/conditioner out of your hair. You can leave your blow dryer at home, the hair dryer is great!!! Lots of power and heat. 👍

Just got back from our trip & some notes about CSR:

1. We didn't mind not having Quick Service as we weren't really at the resort during our normal meal times. We did eat at Rix Sports Bar twice. The Watchos were amazing at the Sports Bar, the eggs at breakfast (Sports Bar) were the best that we had on property all week. We EXTREMELY missed not having refillable mugs.

2. We stayed at Casitas 5 & the room/resort on the whole was absolutely beautiful.

3. Bus Stops... when we used the buses, we had a... rough? time a few times. We waited for an Animal Kingdom bus for almost a half hour getting to the stop only 20 minutes before park open. Coming home from Epcot there were some friendly cast members directing everyone to their stops, we were sent to stop 14 to wait & waited a half hour there the only ones in line before a bus came after speaking to security.

First time trying and success. We got boarding group 63 for ROR. The park opens at 9:00, approximately what time do you think that will be if the ride does not break down. We are still eating breakfast, I want to ensure we get in the park and allow for bus travel time as needed.

First time trying and success. We got boarding group 63 for ROR. The park opens at 9:00, approximately what time do you think that will be if the ride does not break down. We are still eating breakfast, I want to ensure we get in the park and allow for bus travel time as needed.

Nice work.

Obviously the performance of the ride can be highly variable, but here are a couple of recent days just to see what it tells us.

This day was a monster record pace and they were at 60 by around noon:

On this day (a more ‘normal’ pace) it was more like after 1ish.

Of course, throw in any material downtime in there and it can quickly push things back in the day (as the past days green line shows).

Good luck!

Nice work.

Obviously the performance of the ride can be highly variable, but here are a couple of recent days just to see what it tells us.

This day was a monster record pace and they were at 60 by around noon:

On this day (a more ‘normal’ pace) it was more like after 1ish.

Of course, throw in any material downtime in there and it can quickly push things back in the day (as the past days green line shows).

Good luck!

thank you so much.
I just wanted to ensure it would not be like 10 or 11. The later the better. We are not too droppers any longer.👍

thank you so much.
I just wanted to ensure it would not be like 10 or 11. The later the better. We are not too droppers any longer.👍

And that is why I personally LOVE the new RotR setup. Totally improves how one can approach the day. (IMHO)

You can now chill at CSR, get a coffee from Barcelona Lounge, take a walk around the lake, or whatever strikes your fancy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter