Disney's Magical Express and DVC

Sorry but does some one know of an excellent thread on this issue? There seems to be quite a few out there. Thanks. :earsboy:

I know there have been some threads on this subject, but I don't know them--don't know how to use the search function--but I have used Magical Express just 2 weeks ago. Perhaps if you asked specific questions about it, I could answer them for you. It really was impressive--your yellow-tagged luggage really does end up at the resort, and gets to your room in about 2-3 hours. Disney people pull ALL yellow tags, whether you take one of the "approved" airlines or not. From the time we arrived in line at ME until I got on the bus was a total of 15 minutes, despite the appearance of chaos. They actually are quite organized, deliveries to resorts are based on their proximity to each other, so POR, OKW, and SSR might be together on 1 bus because they are located close to each other. It took about an hour for us to get thru the lines at the airport to the hotel, and the bus goes SLOW so you have time to see the video. :rolleyes: :wizard:

I agree. We used ME last week and it was wonderful. We normally hire a towncar/van. But, ME was worth not spending the money. We loved having our luggage in the room when we returned from our dinner and we loved being able to unload the bags and get our boarding passes on the morning of checkout.

We will continue to use ME as long as it's free.

Hi,

Does anyone know when the Magical Express program ends? Is it only for the 50th Anniversary Celebration? or are the continuing the indefinitely? We are planning a trip for Jan. and was wondering if we can take advantage if it.

Heather

My understanding is that it's in a pilot program for the 50th celebration. During this time it is free.

What are tipping guidlines for ME are people just stopping by bell services after their luggage arrives? I had also seen some other threads about tipping drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.

We just got back last week. Magical Express was easy to use. They do use luxury buses. We stay at the Boardwalk Villas and our bus stopped at the Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts before stopping at the Boardwalk. We had a late flight - got in around 10PM - and there were only about 10 people on our bus. The only problem was that it took about 3 hours for the luggage to be delivered to the room. But they did leave us a message in the room asking if we wanted the bags brought up that night or in the morning since it was so late. My sons just went today and they used it also. They're staying at the All Star Sports and got in around 9:30AM. When they were able to get into their room around 3PM their bags were there. Very nice and easy to use.

Wanted to check for feedback on magical express. We will be staying at BWV. How long and how many stops does it make (about how long did it take to get from the airport to the resort) Also, how long did it take once you checked in to get your luggage?? Should I back some stuff in a small bag. Or do they let you take 1 bag with you??

Thanks

We used Magical Express at the end of last month. We arrived at Orlando airport at 1:15pm and arrived at BWV at 3:15pm. Our driver dropped people off at the Carribean Beach and then turned the wrong way to get to the Boardwalk and Yacht Club. He got lost and it took over an hour to get back to the resort.

We will be renting a car for our October trip.

Kelly

How do you arrange for Magical Express pickup if you are staying DVC and making your reservation via points?

Yep, you just call MS and give them your flight info. Just did this a couple of weeks ago.

CRSNDSNY said:
How do you arrange for Magical Express pickup if you are staying DVC and making your reservation via points?

You can also go to the DVC member website and enter your reservation

AJR said:
You can also go to the DVC member website and enter your reservation

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Great idea. About how far ahead in advanced do you think that should be done? I know they send the info out about 3 weeks before the trip( or the are supposed to). By doing it on line, should we reserve it sooner?

athenna said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Great idea. About how far ahead in advanced do you think that should be done? I know they send the info out about 3 weeks before the trip( or the are supposed to). By doing it on line, should we reserve it sooner?

Nope you wont get it any sooner. I called more than 3 weeks out and they told me they dont send tags out earlier b/c people would lose them.

Whats this about them playing a movie? What movie do they play? How long did it take you to get your bags after you got to the resort?

pixiedust23 said:
Nope you wont get it any sooner. I called more than 3 weeks out and they told me they dont send tags out earlier b/c people would lose them.

Thanks, but what I meant was, should we REQUEST them sooner? Is it going to take longer for them to send them out because we wouldn't be speaking to a person directly.

athenna said:
Thanks, but what I meant was, should we REQUEST them sooner? Is it going to take longer for them to send them out because we wouldn't be speaking to a person directly.

I would request them as soon as you know your fllight info. They say they mail them out 21 days in advance but I just got mine today and I'm still 23 days out.

pixiedust23 said:
I would request them as soon as you know your fllight info. They say they mail them out 21 days in advance but I just got mine today and I'm still 23 days out.

Thanks!
That's what I wanted to know! I still have 3 and half months to go but happned to noticed on the members website the other day and thought it was a good idea. I'll probably do it 2 months ahead. I know my flight info now, but the way Delta keep changing times, I don't want to do it too soon.
Thanks again :wave2:

Yea, off topic, but you have to watch Delta. They all of a sudden without warning decided to close their Deltasong route from Newark, N.J. to Orlando as of September 5th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter