Disney's Magical Express and DVC

I made ressies with ME for 10 of us arriving the end of Oct....I told her we were flying with SW....she said we had to bring our luggage down (to the bus)on our return ourselves....otherwise everything is the same as i see it...they will pick up our luggage when we arrive at airport, so we will just do a small carry on for our swim suits...going to BWV....I had a van rented for 8 days $367.00, but with gas etc...i thougth thats alot of food i can pay for at Dis and we always mail a large package to the hotel with non perishables..we really dont need to leave the property.....any thoughts???

I should have stated that the money i save not renting a van and paying for gas , would be spent on just 2 adults as we pay for the van entirely...I know that amt of wouldnt go far for 10 people...We usually always go to Publix and stock up....so that wouldnt be happening this time...

We used ME last night to get to Saratoga. It was pretty painless. We flew SWA. Our luggage arrived about the time I had finished unpacking the toiletries from our carry ons.

Hi all,

I only read the last few pages that were a little more recent, so I apologize if I missed the answer to this, but we're going in a little less than 3 weeks. I called to sign up my brother's family, and asked if you had to be on the bus to use the service. The CM said no, we could use the service (send our luggage, basically) and then go rent our car and drive ourselves there. He also said that they would pick up the luggage from SW, but we'd have to take it on the return trip.

Both of these things are not what I've read here, but I checked with him twice. Has anyone done this (flown with SW, or used ME basically as a baggage service) to confirm these for me?

We just planned to bring our own luggage, but rented the smallest car we could get away with, and I'd dearly love not to try and jam us all in with our stuff too on the way from the airport. I would also prefer not to just leave my luggage and find out they won't do it after all! :rotfl:

Thanks for any help!

Could someone give me some advice on what I need to do to set up Magical Express through DVC. Thanks.

jnrrt said:
Hi all,

I only read the last few pages that were a little more recent, so I apologize if I missed the answer to this, but we're going in a little less than 3 weeks. I called to sign up my brother's family, and asked if you had to be on the bus to use the service. The CM said no, we could use the service (send our luggage, basically) and then go rent our car and drive ourselves there. He also said that they would pick up the luggage from SW, but we'd have to take it on the return trip.

Both of these things are not what I've read here, but I checked with him twice. Has anyone done this (flown with SW, or used ME basically as a baggage service) to confirm these for me?

We just planned to bring our own luggage, but rented the smallest car we could get away with, and I'd dearly love not to try and jam us all in with our stuff too on the way from the airport. I would also prefer not to just leave my luggage and find out they won't do it after all! :rotfl:

Thanks for any help!

To the best of my knowledge, and this is based on what I have seen in two trips with DME, you have to have someone board that bus in order for your luggage to leave the airport. DME has said repeatedly that it is NOT a luggage transfer service. The proceedure has been thus...check-in at the DME desk, get your voucher stamped for your return trip. Go to the bus line, go to the bus where they will scan your 'pass'..it has a barcode on it. all in your party have their pass scanned. Evidently it is this scanning that alerts the baggage people to the fact that you got to the airport and are on the way to your resort, so your bags can be loaded on the truck. Others have said that if you don't get on the bus and have that pass scanned, your luggage will stay at MCO. Not sure I want to take that chance. Common thinking has told us that Disney started this service to cut down on people renting cars in order to go to other destinations while staying at WDW.

Now...as the SW issue....everyone can use DME from their home airport to MCO. Your checked luggage, as long as it has DME tags on it, will be picked up and delivered to your resort by special handlers. It is the return trip that is impacted by which airline you are flying. If you fly SW, which is not a 'participating' airline, you will proceed as you normally would. Get on the bus with your luggage, go to the airport and check your bags and get your boarding pass. If you fly a 'participating' airline, you can check your baggage at your resort and get your boarding pass issued to you at that time. then you just hop on the bus and head right to security at the airport...no check-in is needed. You will see your bags at your home airport, as usual.

Well now...in my haste to answer someone else's question, I forgot to ask mine!!! I'm going to BCV in late Nov. Waitlisted for BWV. I really don't think my waitlist is going to come through, but hope springs eternal. So, should I just go ahead and book DME now or wait awhile longer and see if my hopes come through? I don't want to have to keep changing my resort with DME...heaven only knows what could happen.

We are renting a BWV and was wondering does the Boardwalk have transportation for their DVC members? If so would I entitled to that?

With your reservation number, you should be able to call Disney and get Disney's Magical Express, which is free transportation from the airport to your resort and back again, but you need to sign up for it ahead of time.

dianeschlicht said:
With your reservation number, you should be able to call Disney and get Disney's Magical Express, which is free transportation from the airport to your resort and back again, but you need to sign up for it ahead of time.

How does Magical Express work and who do you call to sign up for it?

Nanajo1 said:
I thought DVC called MS.
Can you e-mail MS for DME?

I used the DVC memeber site to arrange for ME for my guests on 9/30. They have already received their information.

I used ME going from Pop to airport last Friday, it worked perfectly.

Bobbi :flower:

Has anyone who has recently (in the past month or so) used ME had any issues with it? We're taking our first trip "Home" in Dec. and I want to be aware of any kinks in the system. I know there were a few in the beginning of the year, and I'm hoping they've worked them out by now.

Thanks!

Also to add to this question:

Has anyone just used ME on the return leg of their trip? If so how was it arranged.

Thanks,

We spent the night of Sept. 8th at Pop because of the glitch in the return of the Members' Cruise. When we arrived by Disney Bus, we immediately went to the luggage area in the front of the resort and told them that we would like to book ME for a trip to the airport the next day.

There were no problems at all. Our luggage was checked in at the hotel, we had to call a number on the night of the 8th to arrange for the bus to pick us up. It was a great experience.

I have 3 people using ME for our Sept. 30th trip and they all have received the required tags and information. I "booked" it for them by way of the Members site, not on the phone.

I hope you have the same sort of experiences.

Bobbi :flower:

Thanks Bobbi, I will check into it when we arrive there in November.

I have used the ME several times this year and have not had any problems. Just remember to pack a day bag because your luggage won't get to your room for a couple of hours after you arrive.

The night before you leave they will slip a letter under your door that will tell you what time to be at the bus stop. Just show up at that time with your luggage and your travel vouchers and your ready to go.

Don't know if I should mention this or not but I have spoken to several cast members who have run across people who thought that their luggage would also be taken to their house. This is not the case.

Don't know if I should mention this or not but I have spoken to several cast members who have run across people who thought that their luggage would also be taken to their house. This is not the case.

Unpacked, washed and put away. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I know it sounds stupid but one time as we were going to pick up our luggage (we had a late flight so we checked it) we passed this lady who was visably upset and muttering to herself about lousy sevice or something or other. Found out she expected her luggage to be taken from her room back to her house. That was one frustrated cast member!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter