Disney's Magical Express and DVC

We used it the 10th and 14th of this month. Our luggage was in our room in a timely manner, no problem. The only dislike I had was having to wait a half hour to get the bus, we arrived at 11:30 am so I guess that is a peak time. But on a whole the process ran smoothly.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone!

Oh yeah...you mean that a Magical Express bus isn't going to drive all the way from Florida, meet me at my home airport and bring me back to my house, luggage and all and like Scott H said, "washed, packed and folded"??? That is too funny....thank goodness I do get the concept of ME, just wanted to be sure that there weren't any issues to be on the lookout for.

BCV02 said:
Don't know if I should mention this or not but I have spoken to several cast members who have run across people who thought that their luggage would also be taken to their house. This is not the case.

:rotfl2:

I have a mental image of the family screaming at Disney while thier luggage goes round and round at the airport....

Makes you wonder.

My only concern about ME is the departure time. I am looking at a 7 am flight home... Do you KNOW what time ME wants me to leave???? Let's just say that I may very well be picking up a car at the Dolphin the night before!

Can DVC members use magical express? We were thinking of renting points, if the answer is yes, can we as the renters use it? Sorry if this is a dumb question or something that has already been answered.

Yes, anyone staying in a WDW owned resort can use ME. You need to set it up through member services though if staying on points.

Hey all,

Heading down for our first trip home in 31 days, and I have a quick question about Magical Express. We're bringing our 8 month old with us and she will be in our laps on the plane. Because of this, we weren't planning on bringing a car seat as we are going to rely on ME and Disney transportation. Our question though, is do you need a carseat on the Magical Express buses? I was going to call and check, but I thought I'd start here to see if anyone knew the answer. Thanks in advance.

I don't believe you'll need one. The seats on ME are quite nice/comfy. Even more so than the airline seats. If you are holding onto your child in your lap on the plane, the bus will work just fine too. Besides, you'll be riding disney buses all week without a carseat anyway.

Best wishes for a great trip. I would suggest bringing an umbrella stroller. The stroller rentals in the parks are pricey. Having your own will help to walk around the resort and get to/from the buses too.

I am planning on renting points in July for a stay at the BCV. Since i am not a member do i stiil get the Magical Express treatment? Also from what i am reading i could purchase the meal plan when I check in? Is that correct?
Thanks
Damian

Yes, you can use Magical Express for your stay. The dining plan may be added, but you wil lhave to add it prior to arrival. The member you rent from can assist with that.

Enjoy!

Is magical express included when you rent points at a disney resort?
For example do i get free transportation to/from the airport?
If not how much is the upgrade?
Thanks

Dropkey,

Yes, ME is included. The member who rented you the points can arrange the transfer for you and your party.

Enjoy WDW!

Brian

dropkey said:
Is magical express included when you rent points at a disney resort?
For example do i get free transportation to/from the airport?
If not how much is the upgrade?
Thanks

I arranged points for a renter and DVC Member Services told me to give the renter the 1-800 number and let the renter call them directly. They did, and now have Magical Express arranged. It is complimentary, but does need to be booked at least 48 hours in advance.

Randall

:earsboy:

Yes, we rented in December. Once the DVC-member sent us the confirmation # with the reservation # on it, I was able to call and arrance for ME.

I am reading the Disney Q1 earnings report and noticed that domestic growth within the theme park segments were offset by higher operating expenses due to the Magical Express and the 50th Anniversary Celebration. You know what is coming next....... the Magical Express will either become a revenue generating engine or will be abolished.

I have heard on a couple of posts that the ME will be free until the end of 2006, After that, Disney will charge for this service. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter