Disney's Magical Express and DVC

mitros said:
Yea, off topic, but you have to watch Delta. They all of a sudden without warning decided to close their Deltasong route from Newark, N.J. to Orlando as of September 5th!

Yikes, that stinks :earseek: for the folks in Newark
I'm going to WDW in Nov w/my best friend. Our flight changed from 8:30am to 7:40 am and she thinks it's the end of the world and wants to sleep at the hotel at the airport the night before. :rotfl2:
Now, why would I want to pay for a hotel when I have a 7 year DVC mortgage to worry about :rotfl: She needs to just get her lazy butt out of bed on time
Sorry, too OT, I know.

athenna said:
Yikes, that stinks :earseek: for the folks in Newark
I'm going to WDW in Nov w/my best friend. Our flight changed from 8:30am to 7:40 am and she thinks it's the end of the world and wants to sleep at the hotel at the airport the night before. :rotfl2:
Now, why would I want to pay for a hotel when I have a 7 year DVC mortgage to worry about :rotfl: She needs to just get her lazy butt out of bed on time
Sorry, too OT, I know.

hahah she would hate to travel with us. I think my flight leaves at 615am! AND I booked it on purpose. It was always my dad's policy to be on the frist flight out in the morning and the last flight home at night (get the most of the day). Well now its biting him in the behind b/c he has to drive the BF and I to the airport, which is an hour away. And we need to be there at LEAST an hour before the flight!

pixiedust23 said:
hahah she would hate to travel with us. I think my flight leaves at 615am! AND I booked it on purpose. It was always my dad's policy to be on the frist flight out in the morning and the last flight home at night (get the most of the day). Well now its biting him in the behind b/c he has to drive the BF and I to the airport, which is an hour away. And we need to be there at LEAST an hour before the flight!

Wow! Yeah, if my friend was travelling with you, she'd have to leave to get to your house now to be in time :rotfl2:
I do like morning flights (direct) and late as possible going home to get the most time on vacation.

Athenna, Just happened on this thread and see from your tag line you are from Red Sox Country home of OUR own World Series Champions !! . I am also flying Song, early from Boston in last wk of November and Delta has changed the departure times for both flight segments...and they didn't assign seats , you might want to check again... I'm hoping they don't change them again as I just arranged my pick up with DME.

winniesgirl said:
Athenna, Just happened on this thread and see from your tag line you are from Red Sox Country home of OUR own World Series Champions !! . I am also flying Song, early from Boston in last wk of November and Delta has changed the departure times for both flight segments...and they didn't assign seats , you might want to check again... I'm hoping they don't change them again as I just arranged my pick up with DME.

GO SOX :love:

Yeah, I keep checking the website like every day. I e-mailed them, too cause I was getting confused, they said I should call their 800 # so I am going to do that this weekend.
Thanks for the heads up. :)

If you bought your ticket from their website, wouldn't they notify you of any changes made to the flight by e-mail?

mitros said:
If you bought your ticket from their website, wouldn't they notify you of any changes made to the flight by e-mail?

I would hope so, but alas, no. :confused3

OK, would they make such a drastic change like changing the time/and/or/day of a flight without notifying you? That would almost seem illegal, wouldn't it? Not that stops any American corporation!

mitros said:
OK, would they make such a drastic change like changing the time/and/or/day of a flight without notifying you? That would almost seem illegal, wouldn't it? Not that stops any American corporation!

American Airlines did this to me. Changed my flight without notification. They also wouldnt let me make a connecting flight even though I was there with plenty of time. I almost missed the wedding...the whole reason I was flying. I will NEVER EVER fly them again!

We are heading down in December, wasn't gonna do ME, but then read that if you do carryons, your bags go under the bus and arrive with you, so no waiting, and on the return just send everyting with Disney and no problems. Plus I read that Jet Blue is one of the airlines that you can check in while still at DVC and it is a piece of cake.
Assuming all this is correct, how do you sign up? Can I do it now for a December 29 trip, or do I have to wait till it gets closer?
Thanks!

I was told to call MS around 6 weeks in advance. My friends are using ME for our trip on Sept. 30th, and I'm going to call MS tomorrow with their information. If I have the time frame wrong, I'll post again.

Bobbi :flower:

I just wanted to verify for you that from my personnal experience, this is correct. On my last 2 trips, I've had only carry-on luggage. I've gone directly to the ME check-in, my luggage has gone under the bus and with me to the resort.

All ready starting to wonder. sent in my request using the form on the website, they sent me a confirmation back with the info, but asked if I needed return? I had given them that also? SO sent in just an e-mail telling them that and should I fill out the form again for the return, that was on Monday, received another confirmation stating that they received my e-mail and haven't heard back!!! I have plenty of time, so its really not an issue, but hope they get it together by the holidays!!

Just came back this past Sunday. Used ME. Had absolutely no problems. People did have carry-ons. Some people even went and got their own luggage that had to stored under the bus along with everyone's strollers. I thought this kind of defeated the whole purpose of the surface, but I do understand the carryons. Anyway, the luggage was up in my room within 1/2 hour of checking in. We checked in for our return flight at the BWV lobby. Used Continental, but JetBlue is an option as well. The service was flawless for our trip this time!

marathonmommy said:
Just came back this past Sunday. Used ME. Had absolutely no problems. People did have carry-ons. Some people even went and got their own luggage that had to stored under the bus along with everyone's strollers. I thought this kind of defeated the whole purpose of the surface, but I do understand the carryons. Anyway, the luggage was up in my room within 1/2 hour of checking in. We checked in for our return flight at the BWV lobby. Used Continental, but JetBlue is an option as well. The service was flawless for our trip this time!

Glad to hear you had no problems. We're using ME next month! :cool1:

I've posted about this before but just wanted to caution that I also used the new DVC Members ME Reservation Form and when I called to confirm several days late, they had no record of any of it (and I had entered a total of three guests' flight details, two once time and the third another time). Sure looked like it went thru as I , too, got an email back but the CM (when i called)said that, even if it is in their system, they can't "see it until about 40 days before my trip." Sort of confirms the 6 week suggestion someone else made. I'm still a couple of weeks away from the 6 week mark, so we'll see if i end up having to enter it all over again. (I know the tags are not sent til around the 21 day mark but thought it very inefficient that they encourage online registration and then it disappears!)

We used ME in July and will again in Nov. It's a great service and we really love not having to take care of our bags. we also really enjoy dropping our bags off on in the am of departure and getting our boarding passes.

marathonmommy said:
Some people even went and got their own luggage that had to stored under the bus along with everyone's strollers. I thought this kind of defeated the whole purpose of the surface, but I do understand the carryons. Anyway, the luggage was up in my room within 1/2 hour of checking in.

That those people flew on "non-participating" airlines? We are looking at using ME for the 1st time in October. Our tickets are with SWA, and from what I understand, SWA does not participate with ME. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me! :confused3

minnie1928 said:
That those people flew on "non-participating" airlines? We are looking at using ME for the 1st time in October. Our tickets are with SWA, and from what I understand, SWA does not participate with ME. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me! :confused3

Perhaps some, but the people behind me flew Continental (who participates) and said they just felt better getting it themselves and didn't want to be without their luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter