Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I'm beginning to finally believe that our trip next week will happen! :yay:

If there are questions anyone has that they would like me to find out when I'm there, please add them here.

Also, if there are any specific measurements you'd like to know within the room, please post and I will do my best to find those out too. Measuring tape is packed!
As a fellow Canadian, I'm so happy that you're FINALLY able to go!! Have a wonderful time!!

If there are questions anyone has that they would like me to find out when I'm there, please add them here.

Also, if there are any specific measurements you'd like to know within the room, please post and I will do my best to find those out too. Measuring tape is packed!
Yay! I’m excited you’re going. Maybe I’ll see you in the lobby or Skyliner line. 😁

When I was there the first week of January, 2022, I went straight to the room having done the online check-in but I did go to the front desk the next day to show my handicapped hand tag and I was not charged for parking.
Yeah, I think that is what she did too.. I couldn't remember what she did to make sure the charge was off her bill.. Thanks..

I’m 5 sleeps away and I’m already having trouble sleeping lol. Remember the WDW commercial from like 15 years ago with the kid and dad both saying “I’m too excited to sleep”? My family and I always say that phrase leading up to our trips. It’s so true.
My husband and I quote that at each other all the time, regardless of if it’s for a Disney trip or not! 😂 But we have triple digit sleeps before our night at Pop (before 6 nights at Yacht), so my lack of sleep sadly can’t be attributed to being too excited to sleep.

Back from a five night stay from 1/13-1/18 and this was my first time at Pop since the Skyliner. I did have a refurbished room in 2018 so that was not new to me.

The good:
  • Absolutely loved the Skyliner, it was so convenient and quick and it will be hard to stay anywhere without it now
  • Refurb is as great as I remembered, plenty of storage and outlets even though one of ours wasn't working, love the rainfall shower
  • We had fantastic luck with bus service, we only used it three times for Disney Springs, Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom, but for all six rides we either walked onto a bus or waited less than two minutes, I have never had such good luck in my entire life at WDW!
  • I went back to the room and passed the room check person a few doors down, and when she came to the room I asked if she could bring me blankets (Housekeeping was just steps away) and she was happy to do so, she was very sweet!
  • Our towels were replaced and our trash was taken out every other day as promised
  • CMs were all very nice, and lines were short for everything including check-in, luggage drop off, food, pool bar, etc. they seemed very well staffed
  • The thermostat seemed to work fine, I know there are lots of tricks to override it but we found it comfortable throughout our stay even though it was rather cold during our trip (lots of 60s)

The not good:
  • The mattresses were pretty terrible and so lumpy, much worse than I remembered, so perhaps our mattresses are at the end of their life? I remember thinking they were fine a few years ago, and loved the beds at CSR/AKL on my more recent trip, and the Pop beds were definitely a huge step down compared to those at CSR/AKL (which I believe were the same)
  • I forgot how small the value rooms are compared to moderates, it does make a big difference and I would not want any more than two people (adults or kid) in one of these rooms
  • The walls are extremely thin and the fridge(?) makes weird sounds, but I was able to sleep soundly with earplugs and a white noise machine

Overall we had a great experience and I will definitely stay here again when a moderate is not in the cards! We were only there to sleep and wanted the Skyliner so it was worth the upcharge over one of the All Stars. We have All Star Movies booked for Princess weekend and I am wishing we had grabbed Pop for the skyliner!

Have a fantastic time!

We arrive tomorrow are planning to go to Epcot on Saturday since Skyliner is supposed to be down the 23-28th. Are you saying it was down for just part of the 19th or if it is now down until the 28th?
We are "locals" who parked in the HS lot on the 19th to use the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. The Skyliner was down in the morning so we had to take the boat, but it was up and running by the time we left right after the first Disney on Broadway concert.

What building is the best to request for a standard room? We’ll be riding the busses once to the MK and the Skyliner to Epcot and DHS.

Thanks!

What building is the best to request for a standard room? We’ll be riding the busses once to the MK and the Skyliner to Epcot and DHS.

Thanks!
Please see the posts on page 1. There's a map and information about this exact question. Since there are standard rooms in each area of the resort, it really is a personal decision. We prefer the 60's or 70's but others prefer a different location.

Hi,

I haven't been to WDW since 1994 and have a question both my friend and I need to know. We both have bad knees and will be renting ECV's from a rental company. We are getting an accessible room because of a medical condition I have balance issues and can't step out of a tub with out a lot of bars to hang onto. What I'm asking is where do we leave our ECV's during the night? Will 2 of them fit in an accessible room? Do they have a designated place to put them at the resort? I'm worried they will get stolen if left in a hallway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smickey:

We will be at POP in april. 2 kids (12 and 9) and 2 adults. But also 1 ECV (foldable type) that we are going to rent. I'm struggling to find out of we should make a room request for an accesible room because a walk in shower would be preferred for medical issue. I just don't know if there are any 2 queen bed rooms that are accesible and if they have more space around the beds and bathroom then normal size rooms? If so, where are they located?
I'm just really 2 minded about the ECV. I maybe could do without it but it's very unlikely I would manage it for more than 2 days (and we are there for a whole week). Just really worried it will be more in the way in the room that is already very cramped.
Any tips or pointers?
I currently have a standard room booked with room preference for low floor and 60's building.

We will be at POP in april. 2 kids (12 and 9) and 2 adults. But also 1 ECV (foldable type) that we are going to rent. I'm struggling to find out of we should make a room request for an accesible room because a walk in shower would be preferred for medical issue. I just don't know if there are any 2 queen bed rooms that are accesible and if they have more space around the beds and bathroom then normal size rooms? If so, where are they located?
I'm just really 2 minded about the ECV. I maybe could do without it but it's very unlikely I would manage it for more than 2 days (and we are there for a whole week). Just really worried it will be more in the way in the room that is already very cramped.
Any tips or pointers?
I currently have a standard room booked with room preference for low floor and 60's building.

I would recommend reading post 1 of this thread for an idea of what options there are that have been shared.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...shments-tub-or-shower-queens-or-king.3678036/
My mom uses an ECV and we (4 people) have stayed in a room at Pop with it. Yes it takes up a bit of space but it’s well worth it for her to enjoy her time in the parks. There were a couple of trips where we had the ECV and a stroller.

We don’t spend a lot of time in the room and are just happy to be there so space isn’t a high importance to us.

Any tips or pointers?

The Pop has a number of rooms with two beds and an accessible bathroom. However, wheelchair accessible bathtub (extra bars) or a roll-in or transfer shower are bookable room types. You do not get them by making a room request, you have to book that specific type of room. If you need that type of bathroom, you need to call and change your booking to one of those type of rooms.

Those rooms have a slightly different door entry that give a small amount of extra space in the room are basically the same as a standard room but this changes in bathroom layout and storage. There is room to parked an EVC or wheelchair and plug in to charge. If you are not going to put the table bed up each day, you can ask housekeeping to come and take away the two chairs to give you more open space.

I am a full-time power wheelchair user and stayed in a Pop handicapped accessible room the first part of January and also last June. Both times I booked a queen bed with queen table bed, roll-in shower room. Both times the bathroom was not a true roll-in shower but a transfer shower which means it had a seat and adjustable, hand held shower head but was not big enough to pull the chair all the way into the shower.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I was looking for someone who had experience with these 2 queen bed rooms and an ECV. I did find on touring plan that they had special rooms. Problem is that I did not book this specific type of room and I made a booking with Dining credit and gift card special. So not sure I can still change that booking (without losing this special)
I'm thinking of just leaving it as it is. And just hoping there would be enough space for the ECV in a standard queen bed room. Shower issue we'll have to deal with when we're there and with help i'll manage most likely.

Thanks all. I was looking for someone who had experience with these 2 queen bed rooms and an ECV. I did find on touring plan that they had special rooms. Problem is that I did not book this specific type of room and I made a booking with Dining credit and gift card special. So not sure I can still change that booking (without losing this special)
I'm thinking of just leaving it as it is. And just hoping there would be enough space for the ECV in a standard queen bed room. Shower issue we'll have to deal with when we're there and with help i'll manage most likely.

I shared my experience in the post 2 above yours.

My mom uses an ECV and we (4 people) have stayed in a room at Pop with it. Yes it takes up a bit of space but it’s well worth it for her to enjoy her time in the parks. There were a couple of trips where we had the ECV and a stroller.

We don’t spend a lot of time in the room and are just happy to be there so space isn’t a high importance to us.

Sorry but I'm not sure what other questions you have. If you can express exactly what your questions are I can do my best to answer them.

We have never requested nor needed an accessible room for our family of 4 that includes an ECV in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter