Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I am 99% sure it was 50th Anniversary Blend when I was there a few weeks ago.

Wouldn't call it strong, but it was coffee. I tend to bring some higher quality instant to fortify the in-room packs.

Side note: I had the pimiento cheese burger on this most recent trip. It was much better than I expected – I think it's my new favorite thing in the food court. The big layer of tangy cheese went a long way in enhancing that burger!

I love a good pimento cheese burger! I went ahead and ordered some good dark roast pods on Amazon that are supposed to be here by tomorrow. (We fly out Friday morning! 🤞)

Wouldn't call it strong, but it was coffee. I tend to bring some higher quality instant to fortify the in-room packs.

You're right- it isn't the best coffee in the world. Or even the best within WDW...and yet, one of my favorite pastimes is talking with a morning walk along Hourglass Lake with coffee from the room.

Folks are commenting about showers/bathtub. I've stayed at Pop many times and was never given a shower-only room...until my most recent stay. I wasn't aware it is an option until I then.
I actually prefer the shower-only version.

Folks are commenting about showers/bathtub. I've stayed at Pop many times and was never given a shower-only room...until my most recent stay. I wasn't aware it is an option until I then.
I actually prefer the shower-only version.
Us too!!! We've requested a shower-only room each visit since we were placed in one shortly after the renovations began!

I would actually request a room with a tub. Not all rooms have them and in the last 4-5 trips I've only had a tub once. Would have actually used it last trip but only had a shower.
Us too!!! We've requested a shower-only room each visit since we were placed in one shortly after the renovations began!

I wonder if shower only rooms are all preferred or refurb rooms?

We are staying at Pop for 3 nights and booked a standard room. We have never stayed here. We want to be close to the Skyliner, and would like to have a view of the lake but also want to be relatively close to the parking lot as we will packing up our car on our last day and then head to AK. I've looked at the map on the 1st post, so I'm thinking 50's building 3? Need your advice!

We are staying at Pop for 3 nights and booked a standard room. We have never stayed here. We want to be close to the Skyliner, and would like to have a view of the lake but also want to be relatively close to the parking lot as we will packing up our car on our last day and then head to AK. I've looked at the map on the 1st post, so I'm thinking 50's building 3? Need your advice!
Yes, building 3 and building 6 are probably good choices to request to meet those requests. You will need to call Disney directly if you're requesting actual buildings. Unfortunately requests are not guaranteed but it can't hurt to try.

WE stay in building 3 the last time and love it. It was ideal for watching the skyliner and getting to the food court.

Has anyone tried the in room coffee recently? Do they have the 50th anniversary coffee at Pop and is it any better than what they used to have? I like my coffee strong and black and the usual stuff just didn't cut it for me. :coffee:

Also, do they have disposable cups in the room that I can take to go or should I bring some?
I am here now, and yes! The 50th anniversary coffee pods are in the POP rooms. I think it's better than the regular Joffrey's (I'm sort of a coffee snob!). To make it stronger, I stacked two pods on top of each other. I requested more coffee, creamer, and cups from the front desk and housekeeping brought enough for our entire stay. 20220129_100502.jpg

Planning ahead...

Is there an easy way to get from POP to GF via Disney's transportation?

Planning ahead...

Is there an easy way to get from POP to GF via Disney's transportation?
What timeframe?

Easiest and quickest route would be Skyliner to Hollywood Studios and Bus from Hollywood Studios to Grand Floridian.

We stayed at the 50"s building 3 and it was a great location! It was perfect, the walk to everything was easy. We were on the 3rd floor facing the lake and Skyliner.

Do you think thats faster than taking the bus from pop to mk and then walk/monorail to gf?
Not having to go through Security Check at DHS as opposed to having to go through Security Check at MK would certainly be a huge plus.

The Timeframe could factor in for the length of the Bus wait at DHS,but there is no guarantee of a super short Bus wait at Pop Century either.

Bottom line-I love Skyliner so much that if I can use it for ANY route,I will use it!lol :)

Hi everyone! Been a while since I posted but I'm getting excited. Recently we stayed at Pop in October and over Thanksgiving week. Wife just gave me the green light for Spring Break (I know, late late late). We were looking for stays from March 12 to the 20th. Unsurprisingly there was nothing available but after several days of looking ASMU popped up with an AP discount which I quickly grabbed. I'm happy I secured that but wife is disappointed at the lack of the Skyliner. We really got used to its convenience and ease with our stroller. I am checking daily and at random hours to see if POP becomes available for our stay. What do you think our odds are for March 12-20 to become available? I'm trying to convince her but she is not swayed so far. We are driving in from out of state.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter