Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Yes i know, thank you :) I should have added to my sentence "I was looking for someone who had experience with these 2 queen bed rooms and an ECV ....and now i know" :smickey:

Thanks all. I was looking for someone who had experience with these 2 queen bed rooms and an ECV. I did find on touring plan that they had special rooms. Problem is that I did not book this specific type of room and I made a booking with Dining credit and gift card special. So not sure I can still change that booking (without losing this special)
I'm thinking of just leaving it as it is. And just hoping there would be enough space for the ECV in a standard queen bed room. Shower issue we'll have to deal with when we're there and with help i'll manage most likely.

Would a shower bench be helpful if you end up with a regular tub. A shower bench sits with one end inside the tub and the other outside the tub then you just sit on it and slide across and can remain seated while showering. If that would help, after you arrive you can call housekeeping and request and they will try to bring one to your room to use.

Thanks for the tip! That might be helpful.

call and request a shower without a bathtub and tell them it is for medical reasons and that it does not need to be a roll in shower. They can note it on your reservation. When you get there check in at the desk and ask them if it is a room with a shower only and tell them you need it for medical reasons and see if they can change rooms if it isn’t. Or go to your room directly and check to see if it is a shower only. If not go to the desk and ask if you can move. If they are full and cannot accommodate you that day they surely can the next.

I'm beginning to finally believe that our trip next week will happen! :yay:

If there are questions anyone has that they would like me to find out when I'm there, please add them here.

Also, if there are any specific measurements you'd like to know within the room, please post and I will do my best to find those out too. Measuring tape is packed!
When are you there? I am at Pop from Wednesday, Jan. 26-Sunday, Jan. 30. Maybe I'll see you??

Just back Saturday from 7 nights at Pop. Someone asked earlier about beverage refills when the food court is closed - there is a sign at the beverage refill station by Petals Pool Bar that says its 24hr refills (forgot to grab a pic), so at least in theory you should be able to get fountain drinks any time of day or night.

Just back Saturday from 7 nights at Pop. Someone asked earlier about beverage refills when the food court is closed - there is a sign at the beverage refill station by Petals Pool Bar that says its 24hr refills (forgot to grab a pic), so at least in theory you should be able to get fountain drinks any time of day or night.
I had no idea you could get refills at the Petals Pool Bar, thank you. I just got back in December, guess I should have looked harder

I had no idea you could get refills at the Petals Pool Bar, thank you. I just got back in December, guess I should have looked harder
The refill station is on the left side of the bar, with one bank of fountain drinks and a sink to rinse mugs.

Has anyone tried the in room coffee recently? Do they have the 50th anniversary coffee at Pop and is it any better than what they used to have? I like my coffee strong and black and the usual stuff just didn't cut it for me. :coffee:

Also, do they have disposable cups in the room that I can take to go or should I bring some?

Last edited:
The refill station is on the left side of the bar, with one bank of fountain drinks and a sink to rinse mugs.
Here is a picture when it was closed during the Pandemic.

They used to close it every night,clean it and wrap it-nice that it is now 24/7!
Hope they have someone servicing it over night-we usually found it to be out of ice during the day-not very COOL or GROOVY!lol

Has anyone tried the in room coffee recently? Do they have the 50th anniversary coffee at Pop and is it any better than what they used to have? I like my coffee strong and black and the usual stuff just didn't cut it for me. :coffee:

Also, do they have disposable cups in the room that I can take to go or should I bring some?
We bring our own coffee and buy drinking water to make coffee in the morning while getting ready. Because Disney coffee is not good IMHO. They do have those thick paper cups for coffee/tea. We reuse our cups for a few days.
Don't know if they have different coffee..... yet! gimme a few days!

I am 99% sure it was 50th Anniversary Blend when I was there a few weeks ago.

Wouldn't call it strong, but it was coffee. I tend to bring some higher quality instant to fortify the in-room packs.

Side note: I had the pimiento cheese burger on this most recent trip. It was much better than I expected – I think it's my new favorite thing in the food court. The big layer of tangy cheese went a long way in enhancing that burger!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter