DLRP Pin Thread

Yes I traded American pins with DLP CM's (I gave them US ones and I recieved US ones from them as well.) CM's take any pin with Disney on the back. The American pins as stamped with official pin trading on the back so you know they are the official ones. Some of the DLP pins are beginning to be marked with this as well. Plus the DLP ones have Disneyland Paris on the back.
When buying the grab bags off ebay you have to be careful that you are buying pins with the pin trading or DLP logos on the back. There are some pins made by Sedesma or Pro Pins which are inferior quality and although CM's will take them most pin traders will not want to recieve them. They are quite easy to spot though as they look inferior (bigger borders around the edge of the pin, picture quality on the pin is not as good.)
Hope this helps.

Which board is ti you use? In the collectors thread?

Also, I got a really cute pin from e Bay, whihc I doubt I'll ever want to trade. But the back is very dark (almost black and just has "(C) Disney. Pixar") no stamp of year or anything. This must be a fake, right?
I'm not too fussed, as he's a really cute little alien guy - but I might e-mail the seller and let them know.

I think it is because they see them as inferior as well for some reason. I'm not sure if they mean Euro Disney pins as from when DLP was Euro Disney or if they mean current DLP pins. I think they must mean the older pins as the new ones have the same Disney Pin Trading logo on the back that the American pins have. I'm not bothered that some people don't want DLP pins though, more for us!!

Which board is ti you use? In the collectors thread?

Also, I got a really cute pin from e Bay, whihc I doubt I'll ever want to trade. But the back is very dark (almost black and just has "(C) Disney. Pixar") no stamp of year or anything. This must be a fake, right?
I'm not too fussed, as he's a really cute little alien guy - but I might e-mail the seller and let them know.

I join in the pin exchanges they have on the exchange sub board on the main community board. There will be sign ups for the next exchange on the 30th June. You sign up saying what themes you like and dis like. Then you get someones name and you send them a minimum of 2 pins. You can do as many exchanges as you want.

The (c) Disney. Pixar pin although is a Disney pin it is not an official Disney Pin trading pin as it does not have that logo on the back. But if you like it is doesn't matter!! I have a hologram Mickey that changes between stars and stripes that one of my Disn friends gave me several years ago that is not an official pin but I would not get rid of it. When I buy from ebay I always ask the seller if the pin has the pin trading logo on the back. I also use pinpics.com as a source of reference and a place to keep track of the pins I have and the pins I am looking for when I next go to a park to trade.

I join in the pin exchanges they have on the exchange sub board on the main community board. There will be sign ups for the next exchange on the 30th June. You sign up saying what themes you like and dis like. Then you get someones name and you send them a minimum of 2 pins. You can do as many exchanges as you want.

The (c) Disney. Pixar pin although is a Disney pin it is not an official Disney Pin trading pin as it does not have that logo on the back. But if you like it is doesn't matter!! I have a hologram Mickey that changes between stars and stripes that one of my Disn friends gave me several years ago that is not an official pin but I would not get rid of it. When I buy from ebay I always ask the seller if the pin has the pin trading logo on the back. I also use pinpics.com as a source of reference and a place to keep track of the pins I have and the pins I am looking for when I next go to a park to trade.

Sounds confusing :confused3

Little Mermaid you should join pnpics and then you can make a list of all the pins you have, and which you want to trade and stuff!

Im off to watch BB now, but thats my job tomorrow!

Little Mermaid you should join pnpics and then you can make a list of all the pins you have, and which you want to trade and stuff!

Im off to watch BB now, but thats my job tomorrow!

LOL i only have 1 pin!

Which bit? How to tell an official trading pin or how to join in the dis pin exchange?

The second one, i did have a look over on CB but i couldnt see anything. Then again i only have 1 pin so its not worth signing up to trade just yet lol.

Great idea, I'm Danauk on pin pics as well in case you want to see my collection and wants!!

Oh BTW, BB was on at 9 tonight (or did you sky+ it?)

LOL i only have 1 pin!

The second one, i did have a look over on CB but i couldnt see anything. Then again i only have 1 pin so its not worth signing up to trade just yet lol.

Probably becuse the sign ups for the exchange aren't opun until the 30th June. On the CB, under the exchange sub forum. Then look at exchanges yet to come and it tells you the dates of all future exchanges yet to come in the 1st thread.
But yeah, I guess you need more pins to trade 1st!! lol

Oh dear, you are so hooked!! This is from the person who got a £5 voucher from paypal and then went straight onto ebay to bid on a pin I needed to complete a hidden Mickey set (the beach bucket ones). I got it from America for less than £5 inc P&P!! so actually got it for free!!

Just brought a chip and dale hidden mickey pin. There a few more chip and dale ones i want to get now lol.

Great idea, I'm Danauk on pin pics as well in case you want to see my collection and wants!!

Oh BTW, BB was on at 9 tonight (or did you sky+ it?)

Cool! I'll look at your pinpics! I sky+ the channel 4+1 one, as BF was watching heroes!

So glad alex is gone!!

Ooh, these exchanges sound like fun but I'm saving all my pins to trade at WDW and DCL in september.

I'll also add that most DLRP pins did not have the official back stamp of the mickey years and the year until, as far as I know, the beginning of this year but anything that says (c) Disney is 99% tradable, The 1% being the actual fakes (sedesema/pro pins). Most DLRP pins just carry a DLRP backstamp and the copyright stuff before this. I presume the Euro Disney pins may be the ones before they started doing that.

I'll add that I too have a couple of fake ones, but I'll never trade them because I like them even though they're not official.

Hey everyone!

I've put all of my current pins, and tradeables and my one wanted - although I'm updating that as we speak!
On pinpics!

My name on there is torsie24 also!

I'll be more than happy to trade with fellow Uk dis-ers!! :-)

Hee, yeah I don;t have many, but if we get it started and add to our pinpics gradually as we get more, then it wont be a big job when we do have a lot.

I'm not going to get into hardocre collectiong or anything, jsut like to have ones I think are pretty. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter