Do you remember ?

:lmao: I couldn't afford to sue you John, :lmao:
And yes I do remember Juicy Fruit for .05 cents.

and I think that nickels actually were nickel at one time,,thats when they had the buffalo on it.

Actually was - 1969. I was in a friend's VW ad we were rear ended my a car driven by a Mexican driver. We had insurance, but we were arrested and thrown in jail - car & our wallets were confiscated - we never saw any of that stuff again, including the VW. We sat, all 4 of us, back to back the entire night until a JAG officer got us out. Another reason I love Mexico. That and a nasty bug I caught there once, but that's another story! :lmao:

What I meant was.....Well.....actually......that explains a lot:lmao:

:confused:

This could be a stretch, but I did not dream it.

Every Tuesday or Wednesday, after school, giving the insurance salesman 10 cents for some kind of insurance.

My grand-mom & grand-pop getting a pail of beer. No cans, bottles. A bucket with a lid and carrying handle.

My dad buying cigarettes at a candy store out of a dish, not a pack. One at a time. I believe (again not sure) 2 for a penny or a penny apiece.

john

Every Tuesday or Wednesday, after school, giving the insurance salesman 10 cents for some kind of insurance.

Would that salesman be known as the neighborhood bully? Give me 10 cents and I won't beat you up type of insurance?

john

Mom still holds her "nickle" insurance policy. It was primarily for young children. About 20 years ago Prudential decided it cost more to process that nickle than to collect it, so the policy was considered payed in full. Her policy is currently more than 85 yrs old!

:)

Well I am 1 for 3. Jeff is dead on. The sales guy was from Prudential.

Now onto the pail of beer and penny cigs.

john

:woohoo

Philly to Pittsburgh, drizzly rain, about 12 years old (around 1952) sitting in the back of the plane and looking uphill to the flight deck (cockpit).

My 1st airplane ride in a twin engine tail dragger. This plane was really popular.

Enough clues for you aeronautical buffs.----What was the name of the plane.--The Model. I believe there may be about 20 of these still in service around the world. Probably a plane of choice for drug runners.

john

I hear people saying we don't need this war
But, I say there's some things worth fighting for
What about our freedom and this piece of ground
We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down
They say we don't realize the mess we're getting in
Before you start your preaching let me ask you this my friend

Have do you remember how it felt that day?
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away
Do you remember when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside going thru a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout bin Laden
Do you remember?

They took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbing for you and me
It'll just breed anger that's what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it everyday
Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
Well, after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right

Do you remember how it felt that day?
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away
Do you remember when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside going thru a living hell
And we vowed to get the one’s behind bin Laden
Do you remember ?

I've been there with the soldiers
Who've gone away to war
And you can bet that they remember
Just what they're fighting for

Do you remember all the people killed?
Yeah, some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field
Do you remember about our Pentagon?
All the loved ones that we lost and those left to carry on
Don't you tell me not to worry about bin Laden
Do you remember ?

Do you remember,,
or have you forgotten?

:confused3

Never forget.----Good job Frank ! ! !

Another topic: We (the Feds) just don't know how to fix the oil spill (leak) in the Gulf. This is going to be a MEGA disaster for the Gulf and and coastal residents. The last estimate I heard was 40 million gallons have been released, but we don't know.

This is a BP problem, they have the resources and expertise, but they can not do anything without our (Feds) approval.

Hold on. We don't know, but we will approve or turn down proposed fixes.

Is anybody steering this ship or is campaigning for mid-terms more important ???? My guess is that I don't know.. I can just join the DON'T KNOWS ! ! ! !
john

Ohh! My first car, in 1981, was a 1966 Volvo. What a great car, I named him PT Boulregard (SP?) for the civil war general, yes I am from NY, but the car had such personality. My Dad purchased it for $100 and he had it Earl Schibbed for $69.99 (painted) I loved that car!

You had a 122!!! Wow!! My first car was a 1969 142 Volvo, I paid $100 for it in 1977, so you're about 3 years older than me (NJ driving age 17 not 16).

OK a memory, from where was this line:

Niagara Falls:

Slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch .....

how great it is to remember

I just thank the good lord I'm still able to remember,,,

well, I can still remember a few things.

So how come I can remember things from45 years ago,,but I can't mshi,,uh,,nothing from yesterday ??:lmao:

and while we are on the subject, anyone seen my car keys??

I can't remember getting out of bed but I can remember words to the most obsure old songs, this my friendly fiends drives me nutz. answers a lot of questions don't it.:confused3

I still have a few WDW ride tickets stashed away somewhere?:confused3

Remember the tomorrow land dinning area had live performers and the stage rose up from underground?

Remember the WDW sky way ride from tomorrow land to fantasy land? and looking down at 20,000 leagues under the sea.

First car 66 Ford Falcon...Miss that car.:sad:

First car was a 73 Ford Gran Torino. Mine was an ugly blue instead of the red Starsky and Hutch wheels

Remember the tomorrow land dinning area had live performers and the stage rose up from underground?

I can remember seeing KC &the SunShine Band several times on that stage.

Also remember seeing The Commodores .

Yup, the entire football team was there !

(No they werent,,it was the band.)

:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter