• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dona's Wish Journal

Every time I see someone else I am asked to pray for someone they know. THerer are so many people in and out of the hospitals I can't keep them straight. It makes me think about how lucky we are and then it makes me feel sad because we are so lucky.

THe new year is coming. I need to get my act together.

Today was an okay day.

Sean came home from college. He will be here until the 2nd when he leaves for Gambia. He will be gone for 11 days. He comes home the Friday before school starts. At least he has the weekend to get some rest time before classes start.

I need to get some new shoes. The ones I got in Sept are really bothering my feet. My foot is so cramped that it has gone into my calf muscle. I won't wear those shoes for a while. I see to be doing better with really flat shoes. At least my Teva sandals seem to be okay with my feet.

I almost killed Dennis tonight. We had to TALK over what we still needed but he didn't want to go when I wanted to go. If I had known that I was going to go by myself I would have gone on my way home from school. But it is done and all that is left is some cards I have to finish up (most are done but there are always some left overs), wrap presents and finish up the food for Sunday.

All I have heard the last week has been bad news but today Louise told me some good news. My favorite guidance counselor is pregnant and is due in March. I haven't seen her in a while so I wouldn't have noticed. I have to find some pink material and make her a quilt. Her husband is a great vp and I worked with him when he was a teacher so I am very happy for them.

I am so disappointed with not finishing my mom's quilt. I think I am going to sew around the edge and trim and bring it up to show it to her dena and sophie. I know they will all appreciate it.

Off to finish watching chopped and then off to bed.

I just wanted to bump this up so that may be I will be more inclined to journal.

April 1st.

For the last two months I have averaged over 10000 steps per day.

Feb 290000 steps

March 366000 steps.

It has helped that I was working on Annie Get Your Gun and the 50th anniversary at shore.

Let's see if I can keep it up. It is going to be difficult.

Good Saturday morning everyone.

Sorry I have not been on the last couple of days. Thursday I had to get ready for the last day of school. I had to pack some things up to give to a couple of people. I had made my friend some wool socks and I wanted her to have them before she left for Scotland to visit her daughter. I also had to pack up a blanket and baby sweater that I had made for a couple in the school who had a baby.

Yesterday ds2 came home for Easter. He is excited about graduation coming up. He was telling me that he got his cap and gown and about the classes he is taking this summer to start his masters. It is an exciting time for him but it make me a little sad to know that he is moving on and won't be moving back here when he graduates next month. But I keeping telling myself that it is what a mother does hope for.

I need lots of PD for ds1. There are lot of rumors about positions at his job but nothing has been posted yet. Please send the PD that things work out for him. Then maybe he will move out too. (he's sloppier than his brother and has been home for 3 years now so it is time for him to move out).

We have had a controversy this weekend. My nephew is getting married in June. Ds1 is in the wedding party. DS1 has been dating his gf for almost 8 years now. His invitation did not include his gf. we called his cousin and her invitation was for her and a guest. I think my ds is going to call his cousin. It was also pretty funny that my sons invitations were sent to their grandparent's house 30 miles away and my bil's kids got their but my bil did not get his yet.

We also have to decide where we are going to stay. We would like to stay with bil but he and his family are staying 10 miles away. When we checked out that place we did not get the same price they did. We got a price that was about the same price as the place where the reception is. I think it would be nice to be able to just go up to the room. But it would also be nice to visit with bil (they live in Kansas) so we have to think about this.

Well I have to get to the grocery store before it gets too crazy. I only need a couple of things for tomorrow. I am cooking a ham and an orange chiffon cake.

Have a happy and healthy day.

To make the day Kevin was accepted for his Masters at Univ of Nebraska and Sean got info about graduation.

I can't believe the tax situation. Sean forgot to check a box and it kicked back our return. I have to call in a half an hour to talk to them. I could have talked to them last night but it was 50 minute wait.

Dennis jumped down on Sean and I know he felt bad. I think between Kevin and I we calmed him down.

I know it will be okay but until it is straightened out I am still worried.

I just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone.

I just got power back yesterday afternoon. My house lost a cable and power line when a LARGE tree branch came down and landed lightly on my car (no damage). Another LARGE branch from the same tree took out two sections of our fence. We had a little damage to the side of the roof but nothing else too big. The house is finally warm. It was tough to be without power for 8 days when the entire neighborhood had it back after 2 days.

I spent two days this weekend working on my parents house and my sister house. My parents had 1 foot of water in their basement and lost their frezers, hot water heater and furnace. They have already replaced the hot water heater and the furnace and had heat before we did. My sister had 3 feet of water in her main floor. It knocked over her freezer and her refrigerator. Everything in her main floor was water logged. It was sad to see. She is a single woman and has worked hard to have her own house. She was able to keep it even with being out of work for 1 1/2 years. The sad part was that she never said anything to us. She only wanted us to come up and help my parents who live 2 blocks away. When we were almost done we went over to start to help her. We ended up coming up to her house the next day and with my sister's family and another sister and her dagughter we were able to get most of her first floor cleaned out. Once she can have the insurance people in she can start to rebuild.

I never got any quilting done. It was just too cold. My hands wouldn't move and we didn't have enough light to work properly. I am home for the next 6 days so I am off to get some sewing done. I am supposed to keep off my left foot since I tripped at my sister's house. I went to the hospital yesterday to have it xrayed and it is not broken so we are calling a bad sprain.

Off to sew! (It feels good to say that)

Hope everyone else is safe.

Good Saturday morning everyone.

I am working on a new show. We are doing Nuncracker at the local high school. We went out last night to get material for the costumes. We have to make at least 5 tutus. I haven't seen the show but think Nunsense with the Nutcracker.

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving?

I am cooking at my house and bringing the food to my inlaws house. It will be a small group this year. One of my sil is in the hospital and won't be out in time. (She went off her medication for manic/depression this past summer and had to be hospitalized in Sept and is not responding to the medication as fast as we thought she would. We don't know when she will get out. Then there is the problem of where she would go when she does get out and who will pay for it)

Another of my sil is not coming. She told us in an email the other day that she had to drive to inlaws this week and one day next week so she doesn't think that she could do another drive to the inlaws. She has driven there last week and this to take mil to a dr's visit. She never asked dh or me to take her. Before you ask she lives an hour away from mil. I feel sorry that she will be alone on Thanksgiving but that is her decision. The thing I am upset about is she is the one who always does the dishes after dinner. I told dh that he was going to have to step up and get his hands wet.

Off to get some breakfast and then some sewing.

Have a happy and healthy day.

It is time to get back to journaling. Exercise has been nonexistant except for yoga on Thursday night. I need to do something every day. I feel like I don't have a lot of time do any kind of journaling but I need to get back to it to get back on track. I have a wedding to go to in Sept and I would love to weigh less.

This is a big year coming up. Dh is retiring at the end of June. I will have 1 or 2 years left before I go. If I go for 2 years I will be 60 and we will be going to DW to celebrate dh's and mine 60th birthday

Off to do some yoga before it gets too late.

I need to lose some weight by the end of Aug since tonight I am booking a trip to DW. It started a couple of weeks ago. My birthday was May 29th. I opened my email and there was a pin code for free dining the end of AUg just before I go back to school. I was reading my horoscope for my birthday and it said to book and Aug trip. The next day I opened another email and there was another pin code. The last straw was a mailing that came to the house with a pin code.

Dh could have thrown it out and not tell me about but he held on to it and left it on the table. We did talk about it last week in passing and we said we couldn't do it. Yesterday we went on a long drive and he brought it up. We decided we would do it but not tell anyone about it. So I have to tell someone so I am here.

SInce we would be staying at Pop Century we would only have the counter serve meals but that is fine with us. The package was a great price including room food and tickets. Now the only thing that is dragging me down it the price of the airfare. (Please send Pixie dust that I can get a good fare) Dh said just book something. We are going.

This is a big celebration for us. We will be celebrating 35 years of marriage in Aug and at the end of the month dh will be retiring. Add on that both of our sets parents are not in the best of health I think we could use a week to ourselves.

Dona that is great I am excited for you!!!!!! Happy early anniversary. Sending you some pixie dust for a decent airfare price-does that even exist anymore?? Haha!!!

Linda

Good afternoon everyone.

I just came from a long but fairly productive day at school. We had a long meeting after school with the superintendent to talk about the changes that happened this year.

A former student painted a mural outside of my classroom last year. It was problem that we do in calc class about a coffee pot. It has the problem on the wall and a table with a coffee maker and around is 21 mugs that each student last year designed and painted them. The student came back today to make a cabinet that the students this year could make mugs on. For those of you who don't know my last name is Coffey so it is a play on my class but also my last name.

QOTD Monday 10th June 2013

Where (apart from Disney!!) do you feel at ease, and why???

I think my back yard. It is such a calming place. We have a lot of trees and it has shady spots depending on the time of the day. I also love a good campsite.

Off to go make dinner.

That is so cool Dona- it is great the school let them do that too.

QOTD-Since I can't say Disney, I will say my backyard also.Very quiet in this area in the evening,sitting on the patio and just looking over all the flowers and nice green grass.

If we were talking Disney,had to do it, I would say OKW and everything about it.

Have a great day and thanks for popping in on my journal

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter