Dorothy and Blanche:A tale of left over shoes and lost items! DONE 7/14 just in time!

We were still watching Wishes from the same bridge...

from raw -1953
by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw -1954

from raw -1958

I know that I wasn't totally setting my camera up for proper firework pictures, but I didn't have my tripod... so I was mainly having fun. Maybe one day I'll share a fireworks shot from the one time I did use the proper settings and had my tripod... but I still didn't really know what I was doing. :rolleyes1

At this point, I just wanted something, anything that I didn't mind keeping. I got a few.

from raw -1960

from raw -1963

from raw -1967

from raw -1981

from raw -1986

from raw -1988

I enjoyed the shows from there, but next time I need to see Wishes and the show from Main Street. I hope my niece likes those shows!

from raw -2003

After Wishes we meandered with the crowds out of the park.

from raw -2004

from raw -2006

from raw -2010

from raw -2011

from raw -2013

from raw -2014

from raw -2017

from raw -2019

And home to bed!

from raw -2021

Just catching up again. I am loving your Little Mermaid pictures. I was just editing some of mine today and I took a lot of similar shots! :rotfl:

I think your firework shots are great. I have yet to take a tripod in the parks. It just seems like too much work when I get there. Always have good intentions till the actual time comes. :thumbsup2

Just catching up again. I am loving your Little Mermaid pictures. I was just editing some of mine today and I took a lot of similar shots! :rotfl:

I think your firework shots are great. I have yet to take a tripod in the parks. It just seems like too much work when I get there. Always have good intentions till the actual time comes. :thumbsup2

Great minds think alike! ;)

Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only who doesn't think the tripod is worth the hassle. Maybe if I had a more portable tripod. I always say it would be great it someone would create a small, portable camera that has a really large zoom, but yet can be really fast even up to 1000mm or something (think f1.2 or something) and still be not too expensive! Maybe while they are at it they can create an inexpensive, lightweight, portable tripod! :rotfl:

Aug 26, 2013
We were up early and I did some shopping at Everything Pop before I got some breakfast. I got myself a Mickey Mouse carry-on bag! I was so excited. I got some luggage tags, one for me and some gifts. I also got a replacement pair of Mickey crocs. Terrible how they went up in price about $7 since I had bought my first pair in March 2012 at DL.

I got my Pop waffle with bacon and fruit, but I didn’t take a picture. What was up with that?

from raw -2022

from raw -2023

We were off to MK again.

from raw -2025

from raw -2026

from raw -2029

from raw -2031

Oh my gosh! Is she doing her hair?

from raw -2032

from raw -2037

from raw -2038

from raw -2039

from raw -2042

from raw -2043

from raw -2044

from raw -2045

I think Blanche wanted a pair of shoes that day! We went into some stores so that she could find some. And it was torture for me because I kept finding more things that I wanted to buy, but knew I shouldn’t! It was terrible!!!

from raw -2047

My crocs! I love them. In fact I am wearing them right now. I should have tried on those sneakers too. They are cute. I can't do flip flops though.

from raw -2048

They sure have more shoes than they used to.

from raw -2049

Some of the hair things in there I hadn't seen before. It was all I could do to not spend more money.

from raw -2051

from raw -2052

from raw -2054

from raw -2056

from raw -2057

from raw -2058

from raw -2059

Well, I better go for a bit. I am off to my sister's house to watch some Harry Potter to get ready for the trip. I have to get my niece watching some Disney movies too. We already watched 101 Dalmatians - we wanted to go alphabetically with some that she hasn't seen. I think that is as far as we've gotten. I seem to be missing movies... I hate when people borrow my movies and don't return them. My A Bug's Life Case didn't have a movie in it at all and now I am noticing that I don't have Aladdin!

We leave on the 20th and fly out to Orlando on the 21st! Can't wait. 15 nights at WDW!!!!

I've read all your TR's, not sure I've commented ever though. You're always cute and fun and I love reading through. I'm leaving for POP in 2 months so it's nice to see a POP report! (we had actually booked POR originally because you made it look so gorgeous but to save money switched back to our beloved Pop). Love the photos, I think a tripod is unecissary too. I took a small bendable one last year and never used it once!

I also wanted to add that I think it's great Disney has so many shoes. A lot of people probably bring the wrong pair or not enough. (i.e. only bringing flip flops and needing something different) so Disney's getting in on that market with all these options!

I've read all your TR's, not sure I've commented ever though. You're always cute and fun and I love reading through. I'm leaving for POP in 2 months so it's nice to see a POP report! (we had actually booked POR originally because you made it look so gorgeous but to save money switched back to our beloved Pop). Love the photos, I think a tripod is unecissary too. I took a small bendable one last year and never used it once!

I also wanted to add that I think it's great Disney has so many shoes. A lot of people probably bring the wrong pair or not enough. (i.e. only bringing flip flops and needing something different) so Disney's getting in on that market with all these options!

Thanks for reading along! And you are always welcome to join in and chat!

POR is so beautiful, and I'm really excited to go back there in a few weeks (we check in to POR on the 29th after a little more than a week at All Star Sports) but I understand the love for Pop. I've stayed there 3 times. On my last day last time (soon to come on this TR), I walked over to POR in the morning and took tons of pictures, and then before bed, I took a bunch at Pop. You will see them soon! Hahaha.

Trying to finish the report before we leave!

Oh yes, Disney is smart to use the market and try to sell more shoes. I know if I can find some that fit my feet and don't hurt them, I'll be buying many! I get comments on my crocs all the time. I wore the to church today and a few kids (and one adult male) commented on them. ;)

from raw -2060

from raw -2061

from raw -2062

I love Dooney bags, but only the Disney ones. I think I'll get a matching wallet... but then I think that I really like the Harvey's bags too and I might get a set of those! I don't know what to do! I don't own any purses or wallets that are NOT Disney, but I'm okay with that!

More castle pictures.

from raw -2064

from raw -2065

from raw -2067

from raw -2068

Oooh! Here they come! Will the ladies be making similar faces today? Oh sorry, that's not nice! They are a lot of fun and really great singers and way better at it than I can do, so I should not say anything. Please forgive me.

from raw -2070

I'm going to have to chat with Barbara some time. I hear she is awesome and a lot of fun!

from raw -2072

We decided to watch the show again, but we stayed on the same side again. Next time I’ll try to watch it from the other side of the road to see if it’s any different.

from raw -2073

from raw -2075

from raw -2076

from raw -2078

from raw -2079

from raw -2080

I will say I like it from this side of the vehicle because you see the castle.

from raw -2081

from raw -2082

from raw -2085

from raw -2086

from raw -2088

from raw -2090

from raw -2091

from raw -2093

from raw -2094

from raw -2095

from raw -2096

from raw -2098

from raw -2099

from raw -2100

from raw -2102

from raw -2105

from raw -2110 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The gentlemen had to walk!

from raw -2111

from raw -2112

from raw -2116

After the show, we slowed down to admire the castle some more... Yep, more castle pictures!

from raw -2119

from raw -2120

from raw -2122

from raw -2124

from raw -2126

from raw -2129

from raw -2131

I have issues with shoes too. I don't do flipflops and the other cute Disney shoes are just not big enough for my feet.
I love Disney Dooneys too and for the last few years I have only used Disney purses as well! :thumbsup2

I have issues with shoes too. I don't do flipflops and the other cute Disney shoes are just not big enough for my feet.
I love Disney Dooneys too and for the last few years I have only used Disney purses as well! :thumbsup2

You know, Jen, I'm starting to think you and I are just a wee bit similar! ;)

So we have a DIS Meet/fundraiser for GTKTW .. No, actually, WE don't have, a wonderful DISer does it all and I just happen to go. So two of my sisters and their daughters (4 girls between them, and 3 boys, but the boys don't usually come) take one of their vans and I drive us over to Halifax. Last year I donated a picture of Cindy's castle on canvas to be auctioned off. The woman who got it (but had never been to Walt Disney World) asked me to autograph it! Hahahahaha

This is the one from last year:

MK 187

I think, anyways! I changed the name of the file when I uploaded it to flickr.

So this year I wanted to do a little more. My sister is donating two of her own children's books that she wrote. I decided to do a picture on a wood background (just from Walmart) because I wanted to see what it looks like! hahaha

I picked a PEI beach scene. My nephew actually picked it out, because I had picked a few different ones and my sisters and Blanche were useless. They said they were all nice. I wanted someone to choose for me! :lmao:

I don't seem to have it on Flickr yet. So I can't show you right now. I may one day add it. We'll see.

I did choose 3 PEI water/boat scenes to print and frame for them too.

from raw-8243-2

Boats

And again, I don't seem to have the third.

Then (still not done! LOL)

I decided to use an 8x10 of one of my Sleeping Beauty Castle pictures and Cinderella Castle pictures. Not sure which ones yet, but I've got a couple already printed, just need some frames.

And I'm making an iphone 4/5 (?) case with this one:

The silly flickr page is not working right now. Oh well. I guess I'll not bother doing an update just now. Sorry.

Scratch that last sentence... I closed all my tabs and tried again!

So after the trolley/Main Street Vehicle (haha) show, and staring at the castle, we decided to head to Tomorrowland.

from raw -2132

from raw -2133

Either we didn't stop at those photopass photographers, or we lost those shots.

from raw -2134

from raw -2135

from raw -2136

from raw -2137

from raw -2138

from raw -2139

From the looks of the pictures, we were going to ride Space Mountain, but the ride was down.

from raw -2140

from raw -2141

from raw -2142

So where would we go since Space was down?

from raw -2143

We decided to go for Stitch. It like to ride it about once a trip. There is something about the anthem that screams WDW for me. Every time I hear it when I am home, it basically transports me back to WDW. LOL

I don't think the 111 wait time is correct!

from raw -2144

from raw -2145

Oh my gosh! It was so funny. There was this sweet little boy ahead of us in line with his mother. He kept saying "Mommy, Mommy!" And then he said "Mommy, I need to fart!!!" She told him that since they were outside it was okay. I think I had to turn my back because I was laughing. How sweet a little guy is he? (I teach Kindergarten as all of you know, so passing gas is a conversation topic quite often around me!)

from raw -2147

I am glad no one lit that giant cigar leaning against the wall!

from raw -2148

from raw -2149

from raw -2150

from raw -2152

from raw -2153

I feel like Stitch gets neglected, so I'm sharing a ton of ride/queue photographs!

from raw -2154

from raw -2155

from raw -2156

from raw -2157

There are some silly/funny moments at this part.

from raw -2158

Great shots....one of these years we will make it to that. I just haven't had the desire....I hear it's pretty bad. I did go to it back when it was the alien thing and that was the scariest thing I ever been on.

Too funny about that little boy....I am sure you hear conversations like that all the time.

I too have never been on stitch, we usually forget about it. I never went on Alien Encounter (that's what it was called right?). I got in line once when I was maybe 11 and chickened out (I am pretty afraid of animatronics and the dark) so I waited in the gift shop for my Dad and I could hear all the screams! I think I may make it a point to go in September, nice photos of it!

Great shots....one of these years we will make it to that. I just haven't had the desire....I hear it's pretty bad. I did go to it back when it was the alien thing and that was the scariest thing I ever been on.

Too funny about that little boy....I am sure you hear conversations like that all the time.

It's not the best... Stitch does belch and they pump a smell in. And the lights go out and it goes pitch black. I always warn parents and ask if they've been on the ride before. It is scarier than HM for some kids. But Stitch is kind of funny and the preshow part is funny too.

I too have never been on stitch, we usually forget about it. I never went on Alien Encounter (that's what it was called right?). I got in line once when I was maybe 11 and chickened out (I am pretty afraid of animatronics and the dark) so I waited in the gift shop for my Dad and I could hear all the screams! I think I may make it a point to go in September, nice photos of it!

I hadn't seen Alien Encounter, it was always Stitch since my first visit. I remember two young girls telling me not to waste my time on it during my first trip. I heeded their advice. On my second trip, I took my nephew and he adored Stitch, so we had to do it. It's not the most fun, and it can be scary (pitch black and Stitch runs around jumping on you) but it's kind of funny in parts and Stich is still kind of a cute little fella!

After Stitch, we decided to head back in to Fantasyland because we had a FP+ to use up!

I think the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is going to look a little different when I see it in a few weeks! I am really looking forward to riding that one!

from raw -2163

from raw -2164

from raw -2166

We were heading to Enchanted Tales with Belle! I was really excited to see the mirror! I liked it, but if I do it once more, it will be to see more of the cottage because the FP line skips a lot of the cottage. I don’t even need to see the whole show, I just want to see the cottage now! It was cute, but not something that I will need to do each and every trip!

from raw -2167

from raw -2169

from raw -2171

from raw -2173

from raw -2175

from raw -2176

We probably should have gotten in the regular line. At 30 minutes it wasn't a long wait and we would have seen all of the cottage. Oh well, hopefully my niece will want to see it, just so I can see the cottage!

from raw -2178

from raw -2179

from raw -2180

I, like many others, am fascinated by this mirror!!!

from raw -2181

from raw -2182

Here it comes!!!

from raw -2185

from raw -2187

from raw -2190

How do they do that? (But I really don't want to know! It's MAGIC!)

from raw -2192

from raw -2193

from raw -2195

So as you can see, I took a few pictures (possibly around 15, but I deleted a few and I didn't share all on here. There are a few others on my flickr page if you feel the need to check out more).

from raw -2197

from raw -2198

from raw -2199

from raw -2204

from raw -2205

from raw -2206

from raw -2207

I loved Lumière!

from raw -2208

from raw -2209

from raw -2210

from raw -2212

from raw -2213

from raw -2217

from raw -2221

from raw -2234

Is it just me, or does Belle remind you of Idina Menzel?

from raw -2235

from raw -2236

from raw -2238

After seeing Belle, we wanted to go eat at the Beast’s Castle again, so we got in line for Be Our Guest. It was about 10:30 am when we got in line. They were providing umbrellas for shade.

from raw -2240

from raw -2241

from raw -2242

from raw -2243

I really "love" this restaurant! hahahaha

from raw -2244

from raw -2245

I think there was only one thing that stood out for me. Because Beauty and the Beast takes place in France, I kept thinking that there would be more people from France working there. I guess I was thinking it was Epcot.

from raw -2248

from raw -2249

I took this picture at 10:36, so it looks as though they were letting people in by then.

That's a creepy face!

from raw -2251

from raw -2253

from raw -2254

from raw -2255

from raw -2256

from raw -2257

from raw -2258

from raw -2259

from raw -2260

We had our food before 11am. Blanche didn’t use her MB to pay, so they gave her a rose. Back then I didn’t realize that the MBs worked like that, so I was really confused! It is fascinating how they work like that though.

Blanche wanted to eat in the ball room again, but on the opposite side this time, closer to the windows wear it was snowing.

from raw -2261

Blanche got the turkey sandwich and fries. Not sure if it was the kids version or not anymore. Sorry.

from raw -2262

She got the chocolate cupcake again and I got the fruit cream puff thingy.

from raw -2263

I knew I'd liked the potato and leek soup from the other day so I went for it again. The first time I'd ever had this type of soup was at the Rose and Crown. I wish they still had it, because I'd go back!

from raw -2264

I am pretty sure that Blanche liked her food and I liked my soup. The cream puff was not as good as the cupcake. Next time I'm getting the chocolate cupcake. And maybe the strawberry one again. Or the Beast's cupcake, is that what it is called? The cupcake with the grey stuff? I don't know, I just know I like the cupcakes more than the puffs. This is the only restaurant where I make sure to get dessert. The others, I don't bother, I just get a snack later on kind of thing.

I wanted to take many, many pictures of the Castle because I felt more free to walk around than I had during our ADR the other night.

from raw -2267

from raw -2268

I really loved a lot of the artwork on the walls in this room.

from raw -2270

from raw -2272

from raw -2273

from raw -2274

from raw -2275

from raw -2276

from raw -2277

from raw -2278

from raw -2279

Someone's food delivery.

from raw -2280

from raw -2281

from raw -2282

from raw -2283

Hee hee hee! You gotta love a man/beast who will wear a hat like that!

from raw -2284

Oh I have two more from in there! I guess I'll have to use them in the next post. I think all the artwork is too nice to not share!

from raw -2285

from raw -2286

That is all I have from that room! I loved it though, with all the artwork and the giant dancing Belle and Beast.

from raw -2287

from raw -2288

This guy has abs like King Triton!

from raw -2293

When he transformed back into a human, they put a jacket on him, they really should have given him pants too. He totally looks like a Ken doll to me! Hahahaha

from raw -2297

By 11:10 we were back outside and they were providing lemon water for the people waiting outside. I thought that was nice.

from raw -2298

from raw -2300

from raw -2301

We went for some more favorites, HM and POTC. I only took a few shots this time. Near the end of the trip, after I’d been on a few times and taken many pictures, I sometimes like to just experience again.

from raw -2303

from raw -2305

from raw -2314

My only complaint about my camera is the fact that it can't focus as fast as I would like it to, but only on dark rides! LOL Most of the time it's fine!

from raw -2315

from raw -2316

from raw -2317

from raw -2319

from raw -2320

from raw -2321

from raw -2322

from raw -2323

from raw -2324

from raw -2328

This really is a creepy skeleton!

from raw -2329

from raw -2330

After Pirates, we were headed out of the park. Goodbye MK! See you next visit. It's always so sad leaving the park for the last time. Writing this now, it's okay though because I know I will see it again in about 2 weeks!!!

from raw -2332

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter