Emily and Ben's Wedding TR: 11.19.07 SBP/Attic/Lower UK- With Misty Miotto Pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, wonderful pictures. I just love that cake topper. We want Mickey and Minnie but I do not want the regular posed wedding topper - I think yours is great - Donald and Daisy seem to be having a great time. I also love your hidden Donalds. The Attic looks so pretty. We are having our reception at ADH right across the way and we have an outside balcony also - hope our weather is as nice as yours was.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Emily - when I saw that first pic of your sweetheart table, I had to laugh - that's exactly where we told our WP we want ours, and she freaked, said it was not possible, the Attic has a specific layout, no one had ever done it, etc. (this was four months ago). I totally want to email her that picture :rotfl:

Wow, that is so strange! i didn't even expect the set up to be that way, orginally they told me the cake would be there and out sweatheart across the room. But it all got changed when my planner got changed. I think somewhere I have the floor plan they gave me, I will have to look for it. Go ahead and send that pic if you want to!

Love reading this, can't wait for more - and what problems did you have at your IllumiNations Desert Party?

Linda

Thanks for posting more pictures! I teared up when I saw the black and white pic of you and your DH! You look so beautiful and happy. Everything looked beautiful and I love the pics of the food!!

Thank you!

Emily, I love the pictures! That cake was too cute, I loved the little Donalds on it. I can't wait to hear more!

Thanks! I was so happy with my cake, they did a great job!

Loving your TR. It's nice to see some wedding photo's with one character as we are thinking of just having one and I think it looks like it works quite well.

Yeah it was great, everyone loved him and it didn't feel strange at all only to have one.

I'm just catching up on your TR. I love it!! You were such a gorgeous bride! Reading your story makes me even more excited for my wedding in 3 months. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks! Congrats on your wedding!

Wow, wonderful pictures. I just love that cake topper. We want Mickey and Minnie but I do not want the regular posed wedding topper - I think yours is great - Donald and Daisy seem to be having a great time. I also love your hidden Donalds. The Attic looks so pretty. We are having our reception at ADH right across the way and we have an outside balcony also - hope our weather is as nice as yours was.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Thanks! The ADH is so pretty too, we went there a few nights before the wedding. It is so fun!

Alright dessert party! Sorry it has taken me while!

Wedding Day: Part 4- Desset Party

Alright, well we had a little hiccup with the dessert party. The whole thing is still kinda mystery to me, not sure what happened and it still kinda bothers me. However, everything did turn out alright in the end, so don't worry! ;)

So at some point in the reception, I don't know when Jennifer comes up to me and asked me if anyone wanted to walk to Epcot for the DP. I was very surpised by this since walking had been my orginal plan and the planners said it was too far of a walk and what if it rained, etc. etc.. She had suggested either a bus or limos, of course, limos are more fun. She said we could do two limos that would each take two trips (limos seat 8 people each). Sounded fine to me and I assumed that we would just plan ahead for the fact that they needed to take two trips.

Anyway, after she asked me I looked around and decided that since we had gone to the trouble to book the limos, everyone looked tired, and that I really didn't want to walk around and ask everyone if they wanted to walk or ride we would just stick with the limos. So Jennifer says ok and said we would start getting ready to leave at 7:30, and have the 1st set of limos headed over at 7:45ish. Sounded good. So the reception goes on and it is seeming kinda late so I ask someone what time it is. 7:45...hmmmm, I thought we should have been loading the limos by now. So I see Jennifer standing over there and I go ask if we should leave she is like "Oh, are you ready to go?" I was thinking "I thought you were supposed to tell me when to go" So she says she will go check to see if they limos are there yet. Well, the Attic is a LONG way away from the lobby and I don't know why she needed to talk and not just call down. Anyone who has gotten married there know there is a whole team of people in constant communication on head sets but for some reason she has to walk. Then she comes back and says they are there. So I start to get everyone ready to go (of course everyone is SO SLOW because they don't realize we are running behind.) So we get down there and load up the 1st set of limos. They leave and it is nearly 8:00. Now logically, the UK is very close to the boardwalk so I assume they will be right back. Our DP was supposed to run from 8:30-9:30 with the fireworks at 9:00. (We didn't go on the 1st set cause my BMs wanted to go back to the room to grab sweaters.)

So we wait, and wait. I am starting to get antsy and Misty calls me over for some pics. A guest later told me that they thought she was just trying to keep me busy so I didn't get upset. I loved Misty.

We took some fun pics while we waited.

I look kinds dumb in this but the couch was cute
23397.jpg

Our feet
23394.jpg

The lollypops were our favors
lollypops.jpg

23425.jpg

22311.jpg

23431.jpg

Finally the limos showed up, I asked Ben what time it was....8:30!!!! Our DP was supposed to be starting now! but it couldn't take too long...right???

About 20-25min is how long it took! Shouldn't they have planned for this! So we get there and I fly out of the limo. As soon as I get out I hear the Illumination announcement that it will be starting in 5 min (or 10...can't remember). So I hustle up to the gate to let us in and the woman tells me I can't get in! I have to wait for my whole party. Well the other limo was a little bit behind us and then they get there are my brother is taking pics of my grandma with the limo driver (not really realizing we were in a rush). I yelled (and I do mean yelled) back at them to hurry it up. So while I am standing at the gate with the CM and I am obviously upset and mad she won't let Ben, Misty and I in to get ready for pics. 1/2 of our group is already in there. She keeps saying it is fine, the fireworks haven't started yet and it will be fine. I was like, "no, it isn't fine, I am 1/2 hour late" She ROLLS her eyes and says "Honestly, it is just inside you will get to see your fireworks" in a very condesending tone. Luckily, Misty jumped it and told the woman I had every reason to be upset I was waiting for a really, really long time. Again, Misty was the greatest. I know it must get annoying for the CMs dealing with finicky brides but this is my wedding day and this dessert party was one of the main reasons I wanted to get married at Disney and I was missing it!

Finally we get in and I am storming through the UK, really mad and then one of my BM's taps me on the shoulder and says "hey they are clapping for you" I turn around and everyone at the Rose and Crown area is on there feet clapping. I had such mixed feelings at this point, I was so happy they were clapping and so mad at Disney for ruining this moment for me (I might have been over dramatic...but you can understand why).

We get in there and Misty immediately has to set us up for pictures. I didn't get to eat any desserts, get a drink or even talk to my guests before the show, it was starting as soon as we walked in. Just before the fireworks started my phone rang (it was in Ben's pocket) it was Jennifer! (She didn't come to the dessert party with us). She asked me if everything was okay she has heard we had some trouble. I almost started yelling saying "Yes we had some trouble and I am NOT happy about it!" Jennifer said she was going to call Epcot and work something out and let me know about a refund when I got back from the honeymoon. I felt a little better about this and I was hoping that they would let us stay later. Then the show started and it is just so cool I couldn't stay mad. Misty told us to face her most of the time so we didn't really watch the fireworks but I guess this is a once in a lifetime chance to get pics like this so it was worth it. Though I still would have liked to watch a bit more.

Here are some pics...

234342.jpg

23436.jpg

23447.jpg

23442.jpg

23450.jpg

23454.jpg

23478.jpg

23484.jpg

234902.jpg

After the show the CM that rolled her eyes at me came over and told me the party had been extended to 9:45. I felt this wasn't much of an extension but at least it was something! But then she said the unless people wanted to walk back 1/2 of the group would still have to go at 9:30. That annoyed me but I knew no one would want to walk so I said just send half of them back. Well, the she tells me I should go tell everyone they need to leave. I was like, "Me?? Can't you make an announcement??" Mind you I still hadn't had one dessert or drink, so I was very very annoyed that I had to round everyone up. Throughout the rest of the day Jennifer did that so why should I start?? Luckily, my cousin was walking by and he had come on the 1st limos and said he would round everyone up. I was very grateful and finally had a dessert and a drink. Then we waited for the limos come back for us and it wasn't until 10:00pm! I wasn't too upset cause I got to stay my full hour but I thought it was stupid. If they can't get the timing of the limos down, then they shouldn't offer it as an option! However, it was interesting to watch Epcot clear out after the fireworks. However, i still think I would have rather gotten there on time.

So we headed back to the BW and everyone else was there waiting to take the limos back to the other resorts. When we got there, I ended up directing everyone and make sure everyone was going where they needed to go. I loaded up one limo with CSR people and the other with All Star and WL. I was a little annoyed that I was out there in my wedding dress directing people, but oh well.

We got settled in. Our room didn't have agood view at all...just looking at a roof of the walk way in, but it did open up to the lobby and we had some nice rocking chairs right outside the room so that was nice. No pics though cause I didn't have my camera.

We had a few little bumps in the road but all and all, it was an amazing wedding. I think about it everyday and I hope I never forget how happy I was they day I walked down the aisle to my best friend. :wub:

Wow I'm pretty upset at what happened at your dessert party. First of all, the timing should have been handled WAY better than that. That's just ridiculous. And second, I cannot believe a CM was so condescending to you on your freakin wedding day. You should have remembered their name and called Guest Services. It might not have done much but that's completely unacceptable behavior for a cast member and that persons manager should know. I work for Disney so this sort of upsets me on a personal level...I'm sorry for that persons actions!

I'm glad that you got some beautiful pictures though! Your wedding looked absolutely amazing. I cant wait to hear about your first day as a married couple!

Great update Emily! I'm so sorry that you had to go through all that added stress during your DP and missing half of it :mad:. That CM was really rude and it was totally uncalled for. Did Disney end up giving you that refund or do something to make all this up to you?

Hopefully your guests still had a good time and your pictures came out great by the way!

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't roll so smoothly like it should have. Glad to hear you did get to eat something. ;) I LOVE your pics with Illuminations.

Well I must say, those pictures are worth waiting for. We are also have an IllumiNations Desert Party in UK Lower this coming November and I just can't wait. So sorry to hear about all your transportation problems - transportation is has me most worried. Just extending your party a bit does not make up for the time you lost and the CM with the "attitude". Glad you enjoyed yourself in the end though.

Linda

I love the photos outside the front of the Boardwalk sign with it all lit up!

You must let us know what happens with the refund they mentioned, such a shame that the day ended on a bit of a stress for you!

You completely had a right to be annoyed! They really should have been more organized. Your DP story makes me so worried what could happen with mine. We're having a dinner only reception at The Attic from 6:00 to 8:00 and then the dessert party at 8:30 at Upper UK. I've expressed concern that it doesn't sound like we have enough time MANY MANY times, but Pam Pierce and my planner keep saying that the timing will be perfect and there is nothing to worry about.

You sound and look like you handled it very well though. Your pictures are great!

Wow I'm pretty upset at what happened at your dessert party. First of all, the timing should have been handled WAY better than that. That's just ridiculous. And second, I cannot believe a CM was so condescending to you on your freakin wedding day. You should have remembered their name and called Guest Services. It might not have done much but that's completely unacceptable behavior for a cast member and that persons manager should know. I work for Disney so this sort of upsets me on a personal level...I'm sorry for that persons actions!

I'm glad that you got some beautiful pictures though! Your wedding looked absolutely amazing. I cant wait to hear about your first day as a married couple!

Thank you! I did tell my planner about what happened with the CM. I felt bad, maybe i was being over sensitive but I didn't feel like I was getting a lot of customer service. However, I have tried to stay postive. I got to be there for the whole show, I did get to eat desserts. But I really only got to socialize with 1/2 of our group. Since the 1st group got there on time and left before me. It makes me sad, but I think the guests had a great time.

Great update Emily! I'm so sorry that you had to go through all that added stress during your DP and missing half of it :mad:. That CM was really rude and it was totally uncalled for. Did Disney end up giving you that refund or do something to make all this up to you?

Hopefully your guests still had a good time and your pictures came out great by the way!

Thank you! I should have mentioned they ended up refunding me for one of the two limos. I kinda feel like it should have been more, but oh well.

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't roll so smoothly like it should have. Glad to hear you did get to eat something. ;) I LOVE your pics with Illuminations.

Thank you!

Well I must say, those pictures are worth waiting for. We are also have an IllumiNations Desert Party in UK Lower this coming November and I just can't wait. So sorry to hear about all your transportation problems - transportation is has me most worried. Just extending your party a bit does not make up for the time you lost and the CM with the "attitude". Glad you enjoyed yourself in the end though.

Linda

Oh cool, you will love the DP. I am still a little sad I missed some of mine but it was still a great experience.

I love the photos outside the front of the Boardwalk sign with it all lit up!

You must let us know what happens with the refund they mentioned, such a shame that the day ended on a bit of a stress for you!

Yeah they refunded us for one limo, it was like $250. Not much but something.

You completely had a right to be annoyed! They really should have been more organized. Your DP story makes me so worried what could happen with mine. We're having a dinner only reception at The Attic from 6:00 to 8:00 and then the dessert party at 8:30 at Upper UK. I've expressed concern that it doesn't sound like we have enough time MANY MANY times, but Pam Pierce and my planner keep saying that the timing will be perfect and there is nothing to worry about.

You sound and look like you handled it very well though. Your pictures are great!

Thank you ! I would just make sure that they have a set scheudle and that you stick to it. It takes longer to get over there than I thought it would and if I had known that I might have not gone the with the limos.

I forgot to post this pic. This is a GREAT pic of the fireworks but I look like my eyes are bugging out of my head cause Misty yelled for Ben to grab me and hug me and he caught my veil so that is my I look so strange. However, it is a great pic of fireworks and probably would be my fav if it didn't look like Ben was crushing me. Haha :rotfl:

fireworks2.jpg

Hi Emily,
My fiance and I were amazed by all of your beautiful pictures. We're planning a disney wedding this december, and we're very interested in hiring Misty as our photographer. Do you think you could PM me your password on her webpage so we could see the rest of your pics? Thanks so much!

Hi Emily,
My fiance and I were amazed by all of your beautiful pictures. We're planning a disney wedding this december, and we're very interested in hiring Misty as our photographer. Do you think you could PM me your password on her webpage so we could see the rest of your pics? Thanks so much!

Of course! I loved Misty and I am sure you would be very happy with her! I will PM you, there are lots of pics on there! Let me know if you have any other questions!:goodvibes:

The b'maid dresses are just from David's Bridal. Is in from the separates collection 9they are two pieces.

Really? Wow. I wish DB had such pretty-pretties when I was doing my wedding. We had to get tops from some manufacturer and my MOH made the skirts, b/c nothing else really did it for me. :upsidedow

Loved the rest of your pictures!

Sorry about the dessert party bummer problems. I don't like hearing about brides who missed parts of their events (that they had planned out for months and years and deserve to be there for the events), or who were rushed like that or treated poorly. :hug:

Hi Emily,

Of course! I loved Misty and I am sure you would be very happy with her! I will PM you, there are lots of pics on there! Let me know if you have any other questions!:goodvibes:

Emily,

Do you think you could send me these details too - I think we're leaning towards Misty for next year but would love to see some more of the photos she did for you?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup2

My DF and I were working on our invitation list and budget last night and I just had to show him your pictures. We both really loved the way they set up your table with the candles. I was wondering if you would mind letting me know what type of charge they charged you for the candles. Our reception is at the ADH and it is a big room and I am not sure how we will decorate it yet. We have a good handle on all our costs except our floral - I am at a complete loss about these costs and any help would be appreciated. My email address is lpizzuro123@comcast.net or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Linda

Emily!!!

Love, love, love your trip report! I just caught up yesterday afternoon. I'm sorry about the DP hiccups, but all in all it sounds amazing. I especially liked seeing your ceremony at SBP. You made such a beautiful bride!!

Now, here's the thing... I've already booked Randy, so I can't claim that I want to see them to help decide who to book. But I would loooooove :love: to see all of your boardwalk pictures! And, I'm kinda a picture fiend, being a scrapbooker and all. Soooo... if you could PM me with the link and password to get to your pictures, I would really appreciate it!! TIA!!!!! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter