Fairy Godmailer needed!

Hi -

We will be at DL from April 8-15 and think this idea is FANTASTIC --- I am willing to help out --- just send me a PM with the details and I will grant the wish.

IF there is someone going from 3/23-3/31 -- I would LOVE for some one to send a card to my son (turing 5 at the park on 4/10) telling him that MM is looking forward to seeing him on his Birthday!

Heidi
DL (FIRST trip EVER!!!) April 8-15 DLH

Thanks to our Fairy Godmailer (Tigger 0215)! DD3 was so excited when she saw her card in the mail from Tinkerbell. She was on the phone talking to everyone who would listen that she was invited to Mickey's House! That excitement was precious!

If you haven't done so, don't miss having a card sent to your little one! What a great memory.

I just wanted to remind the people who get postcards from the Fairy Godmailers ... please take a second and thank the person for spending their time and money on sending you a postcard. I didn't mind sending some pixie dust to the person I sent a card to, but I expected at least a "thank you" PM. Three weeks later and I got "nada" from them. With that kind of gratitude, I'm glad that I didn't put even more effort into it, like have it signed by the BIG Cheese himself (we got no autographs for my DD this trip either) or send each one of her 3 children a card each. Grrr. Vent over.

I'm leaving for DL in six, long, days...and I would be honored to send a postcard to someone! PM me and let me know your child's name and if there is a character I can try and get for them.

I would love to share a little magic while on my trip...I hope someone asks me to do it for them!!

I love the idea! I will be there for my honeymoon from the 4-7th of April. If anyone wants me to do it just PM me also.

robinb said:
I just wanted to remind the people who get postcards from the Fairy Godmailers ... please take a second and thank the person for spending their time and money on sending you a postcard. I didn't mind sending some pixie dust to the person I sent a card to, but I expected at least a "thank you" PM. Three weeks later and I got "nada" from them. With that kind of gratitude, I'm glad that I didn't put even more effort into it, like have it signed by the BIG Cheese himself (we got no autographs for my DD this trip either) or send each one of her 3 children a card each. Grrr. Vent over.

I have to agree with what you said. I too sent cards to two Dis Kids (even had a friend write one of the cards so Snow White and Pooh did not have the same handwriting) and not even a thanks. Doubt I will do cards again.

I will be there April 5 through 12. If anybody wants a card.
To the other posts above me I appreciate your time and kindness for send the cards.
I agree that a simply thank you would be nice.

I have to add something... I sent a card to a little girl overseas. Her mother posted a thank you here, and incase I didnt see, sent me a private email as well to thank me. BUT, as frustrating as it is to expect a thank you and not get one, if you can try to remember its for a child who cant thank you him/her self, its fun! Those of us who do seed thank you's and teach our kids to do the same should pat ourselves on the back for a job well done! I enjoyed sending a card to Fiona, and enjoyed the thank you from joanne... but I just had a blast thinking about the happiness I was sending to a kid I dont know. Doing a good deed for anyone never goes unseen. Just remember who it is that alwasy see's what you are doing in life. And then smile at the happiness you just sent to a child. If you send a card and didnt get a thank you... hang in there. You will be thanked in life without even knowing why one :tink: day!

being-dragged-to-DL said:
BUT, as frustrating as it is to expect a thank you and not get one, if you can try to remember its for a child who cant thank you him/her self, its fun!

I didn't expect the child to thank me! The child didn't ask for the card. The parent asked for the card and the parent can take 30 seconds and write a "thank you" PM or email. I will comfort myself in knowing that the children I sent the card to will enjoy it and the card will make their trip more magical. But like judimouse I don't think I will be sending more cards. Once burned twice shy. Like when I did an DIS exchange ... once. I won't do one of those again either. Some people are just too rude.

Ahhhhh! I KNOW you didnt expect the child to thank you... thats what I hate about trying to communicate on forums. I always get my point across wrong and offend people! Sorry. I certainly didnt mean to say you were expecting a thank you form a child. Forgive my blunder. I just know, that I personally came form parents who were NOT generous, were NOT thankful and I am so deeply appreciative of the people who didnt give up trying to touch me in some way. I didnt turn out like that (thank God) but was CERTAINLY raised in a house where manners were something to laugh at. Those kinds of kids need more help and understanding. They are trapped! I'll shut up now. I was not trying to offend. PLease understand! (And I DO agree with you that parents SHOULD send thanks. TOTALLY AGREE!... my point is that I just keep on going for the sake of the kids.) maybe I feel like I have old debts to pay, huh? Ill find a therapist and stop talking about it here though! HAHa! ;)

thank you greenshoes from rhode island!! our DSs got their postcard on saturday!! they were so excited!! and were wondering who Joe, Josh, & Jon were!! they were like..."we don't know them!" and i had to explain "how magical it was that they knew we were all going to disneyland!" and i also had to explain to DH who they were, and this whole fairy godmailer thing...apparently, he was wondering about the same thing!! anyways...thank you so much for spreading some magic & pixie dust our way! we really appreciate it!!

and for anyone else out there...we will be there in 2 weeks! (yay!!!!) i'd be more than happy to do the same for others!! :flower:

rsjj said:
thank you greenshoes from rhode island!! our DSs got their postcard on saturday!! they were so excited!! and were wondering who Joe, Josh, & Jon were!! they were like..."we don't know them!" and i had to explain "how magical it was that they knew we were all going to disneyland!" and i also had to explain to DH who they were, and this whole fairy godmailer thing...apparently, he was wondering about the same thing!! anyways...thank you so much for spreading some magic & pixie dust our way! we really appreciate it!!

and for anyone else out there...we will be there in 2 weeks! (yay!!!!) i'd be more than happy to do the same for others!! :flower:

Oh you are welcome! We just got home last night! I am so glad you enjoyed our postcard! We were happy to do it! We had a great time, the boys had not been to Disneyland, only WDW, so they were very excited to find out what it was like...we had a great time! They love it just as much as WDW! They love the pin trading, and it is easier to get around between the parks and downtown disney...we had a great time! If you only knew how hard my twelve year old worked to get those darn dollar bills into the stamp machine inside California Adventure! And then how careful they were as we transported them around that night so we could mail them inside disneyland on main street just incase they had a special post mark! It was nice to see my boys care about doing a good deed for someone else! Hope you have a great time! I highly reccomend build a bear and the lego store in downtown disney! We spent our day off there, and that was so much fun! And if you are pin traders, most of the cast members in the world of disney store wear lanyards as well as a lot of the cart workers throughout the courtyard areas! So even though it was our day off, they did lots of trading that day, and they could take their time trading and talking to them, I was not rushing them off to make rides or parades or anything. Have a great time!!! Rhonda, joey, josh and Jon!

We will be going May 18th-24th if anyone would like postcards mailed then. Just PM me!

Our family will be going July 4-15, 2006 from Hawaii! Anybody need godmailers during that time? If anyone can send to my kids, DS7 and DD10 before our trip, that would be great. PM me for our mailing address.

Mahalo! :mickeyjum

I will be there next week. I can do a couple if anyone needs one just PM and let me know who they would like their postcard to be from!

hey im going this weekend. anyone want me to send one or two. i'll be in dl on saturday and in california adventure sunday. send me a pm if you want one. :goodvibes oh yeah. hi everyone :wave2:

Thank you to everyone who replied via PM. Got my godmailers sending cards to my kids soon! I'll check back before my trip in July to see if anyone wants me to send cards to their kids.

Mahalo from Hawaii!
Edlyn :cool1:

We are headed to Disney the first part of May and would be happy to send a postcard out. In addition anyone traveling this month and would like to send one to my 3 girls would be great. What a fun idea!

seattlebusymom said:
We are headed to Disney the first part of May and would be happy to send a postcard out. In addition anyone traveling this month and would like to send one to my 3 girls would be great. What a fun idea!

we'll be there in a week. would love to send one out to your girls. you can pm me, and give me the details.

I am going again this weekend and had a blast doing this last time. If anyone wants one or two sent just PM me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter