favorite WDW sweets

kbhehl

<font color=teal>Notice how I pretend not to notic
I've seen a thread asking this question before, but can't find it now.
So, what is your favorite treat or sweet at WDW? I remember hearing about dole whips at Aloha Isle, various favorite sundaes at Beaches and Cream, etc.
What's your weakness--the one you blow the diet for?

Yummy topic!! My weakness is actually two things at the bakery in Norway at Epcot. I love the sweet almond pretzel and the rice cream!! Since I am not suppose to eat nuts or dairy, both are big no nos for me, but I suffer through it! ;)

The Tollhouse cookies at the Main Street Bakery are really good...

The bakery in the French pavilion and beavertails in Canada, plus the ice cream sundaes at the Garden Grill Ice Cream Social were to die for! (now i'm hungry....)

Gotta have 'em. Ears go first, of course. It's not about the taste, it's WHERE I am when I get them!

The carmel sundae at Ghirardelli's.
O soooo gooood!!!!! :) :) :)
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Beignets from POFQ food court and the big homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches from the Main Street Bakery.

Beaches and Cream has awesome ice cream sundaes, which DH can't stop talking about :-) He is making sure he gets his fair share on this upcoming trip! They offer sundaes, including brownies, which are great.

you have to try the triple chocolate moose stampede cake at the whispering canyon cafe in the wilderness lodge. the ultimate chocolate cake. plus whispering canyon cafe is a fun place to eat

For the chocolate lover I would suggest the Milk Chocolate Creme Brulee at Fulton's, and
for the fruit lover I would suggest the Berry Cobbler at Artist Point. Two of the best desserts ever!

I LOVE...the Chocolate Wave at Coral Reef. It is a small chocolate bundt-like cake with a fudgy hot syrupy liquor in the center. It was served with a scoop of chocolate ice cream on top. Yum! I 'm getting hungry!

The best dessert this chocoholic ever had at WDW was the Fudge Mud Slide Sundae at Beaches and Cream. I liked the No Way Jose too, but the Fudge M ud Slide is the best!

Disneyoholic, try Fulton's Key lime pie. It's awesome. We plan to return, so I can have a piece

The banana napolean at Flying Fish. Layers of light, flaky phillo dough with vanilla bean creme brulee, bananas and caramel.

The Cardamon Chocolate Purses at Jiko. Little bites of heaven. Cardamon is the spice they use in Chai.

The chocolate moose at Le Cellier. Its shaped like a Moose, rolled in chocolate cookie crumbs with maple cookies as antlers and raspberry sauce as the tounge.

The chocolate bread pudding at Artist Point. Omygod!

The Rice Creme with strawberry sauce at La Kringle Bakery in Norway.

The Tropocal creme brulee at Citricos. Yummy.

Chocolate Jack Daniels cake at Yachtsman Steakhouse

If Flying Fish still has it...Lava Cake...the center ooooooozes chocolate!

My personal favorite is the KoKo Puffs at the Kona Cafe -- a chocolate dream.

And, for the kids, Kona's big waffle cone, standing upright, anchored to the plate with melted chocolate, filled with luscious ice cream and surrounded with blue cotton candy. If you want to see your three girls' eyes pop, order them that.

The berry cobbler at Artist Point and
the grapefruit cake from Brown Derby have been my favorites

There was a really yummy dessert at Concourse Steakhouse the last time I went. It was a hot fudge sundae with chocolate chip cookies on the bottom - kinda like a brownie sundae but with cookies. My brother and I each got one and he couldn't eat all his so I finished

I think you can go any where for dessert & coffee. But I have heard you can get Grapefruit cake(which is wondeful)at staring rolls bakery at MGM. it lol.

I love the Fog Horn sundae at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain in DTD.
Also I had a terriffic dessert in the Kringla Bakeri in the Norway Pavilion. It was all creamy and chocolate-y. It had "Cloudberry" somewhere in its name.
Fog Horn Sundae at Ghirardelli (if you like chocolate and raspberry)

Milk Chocolate Creme Brulee at Fulton's

Banana Caramel Creme Brulee at Kona

I loved the chocolate mousse on cookies at Boma and the chocolate mousse from the French Bakery but then I love chocolate mousse.

My favorite unusual dessert is the rice cream with strawberries at the Norwegian bakery.

The Zebra Domes at Boma!!
Also, we cannot go to Disney without stopping at Ghirardelli's chocolate and ice cream shop at Downtown Disney! YUM

Banana's Foster at Rainforest Cafe.....

The chocolate cake at the Plaza Restaurant off Main St. is excellent (as well as their ice cream dishes) and
the choc cake at LeCellier is also wonderful.

Disney Quest - Cheesecake Factory - has wonderful cheesecake, poundcake and cupcakes.

I think the choc cake at the Boardwalk Bakery is a bit on the dry side but love their cinnamon yummies.

Ice cream at Ghiradellis, Beaches and Cream and Boardwalk is outstanding. Mickey Premium Ice Cream bars are great.
Kona has great desserts.

I can't believe no one mentioned the chocolate souffle at Shula's. It is by far the best i've ever tasted.

I have the perfect answer to this question...the Banana Napoleon at the Flying Fish. This delightful dessert includes flakey pastry, creme brulee, bananas, and a wonderful caramel sauce. The combination of flavors in this remarkable dessert makes it memorable!! There is no better way to top off a walk along the Boardwalk than to stop at the Flying Fish for this treat.

My favorite dessert tends towards creme brulee, but for sheer novelty, I do remember the s'mores at the 50's Prime Time Cafe very fondly...

I had the best chocolate mousse at Mama Melroses in MGM.

I thought the dessert bar at Cape May Cafe was one of the best I have ever seen at a buffet. I had Key Lime Pie and it was great!!! They had a fruit cobbler w/ either cream or ice cream- I couldn't quite tell what was on the side, cheesecake, cookies, two different chocolate desserts (one was a torte), donuts, taffy....I could have gorged myself, but I restrained...

the frozen chocolate covered bananas dipped in nuts from Ghiradelli. Yes, they sell similar ones in the park, but trust me, they are NOTHING like the yummy fresh ones at Ghiradelli!

I just finished baking the Berry Cobbler . Took the recipe off the Deb Wills site. This is the 2nd time I have made it. It is wonderful. We loved this at Artist Point. My husband and I share it there.

I love chocolate so my fav was always the Lava Cake at FF. they do not have that any more . I asked in May and was told the new chef wanted some changes.

Anything from the Main Street Bakery. Those cupcakes with icing up to here , the Mickey bundt cakes, the cookies, the ice cream.... Oh how I love WDW!!!

Erin :D

My favorites are:
Mickey Bars "EARS"
and at WL they make "EARS" that are a rice crispy treat on a stick shaped like Mickey's head with the ears dipped in chocolate! YUM!

Of course any place that offers chocolate mousse/cake is a must also for me.

Thanks for all the helpful input! Now we have some fun things to look forward to sampling. May not even need to eat an actual meal the whole week!
(Hey, if WDW is about living those childhood dreams...!)
Life is short--eat dessert first!:p

I just lost 40lbs and I leave for the World in 3 weeks. Looks like I have my work cut out for me when I return home! I think I am going to gain the 40lbs back in 1 week:earseek: Those sound sooo awesome. Aside from a shake in the morning,, I am off my diet for that week for sure!!! mmmmm...I can't wait:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

My favorite treat is at the bakery at The Boardwalk. I'm not sure what it is called, but it is a cookie with macadamia nuts & white chocolate & on top there is a round chocolate disc. You can get it other places, too. I LOVE IT!! It is the one thing I ask to have brought back when someone I know is going to Disney!!

While I have many favorites at WDW the one thing I must get every trip is Coconut Macademia nut cookie from the book store next to the Sci-Fi in MGM.

They have the BEST hot fudge sauce anywhere!

An eclair from the Boardwalk Bakery. They are huge and soooo yummy :)

There are so many!! Narrowing it down to one each:

Me: carrot cake at Tusker House

Mrs. Badger: carrot cake at Tusker House

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter