favorite WDW sweets

DOLE WHIP!
Id fly all the way to florida just for a dole whip :)

Yummmmmm!!!!! It all sounds great and I only have to wait 3 more days till we leave. anyways one of my favorites sweets are the crepe's in France, the strawberry!! Only three more days till I will be there eating one!

lwestwise----I bow down to your ultimate knowledge of Disney Desserts! Whew---I couldn't believe your array of responses! :p :Pinkbounc

Here's the sweet treats I like to get; they sound so pathetic and boring...I love those chocolate covered Mickey pretzels. And I caramel apple coated with almonds is very yummy! On my list to try this time is something for the Norway bakery and something from the Boardwalk bakery.

I have to concur with whoever it was that mentioned the Cape May cafe selection (it was probably lwestwise-lol)---it IS a great selections of primo desserts! It's one of the reasons I am making it my only repeat sit-down meal on this upcoming trip. YUM!

A slice of the Black Forest cake at Sommerfest counter service in Germany - chocolate iced chocolate cake with many layers of cream filling (cherry filling on bottom layer) topped with whipped cream and a cherry! The kind of cake that makes your eyes roll back into your head....yummm.

A piece (or two, or three) of the chocolate peanut butter fudge at the candy store in the Germany exhibit.

The crepes at the stand in front of the France exhibit at Epcot.

Kaki Gori sno cone (strawberry, melon, tangerine) at Japan.

Dole whips, of course!

Also I agree anything at the Main St. Bakery.

Afternoon tea time at the Grand Floridian - the grand tea, with scones and whipped cream and jam, tea sandwiches, jam tarts, English trifle, pot of tea and sparkling wine with a strawberry! Luxury!

Napoleon @ Boulangerie Patisserie.......Yummmmeeee!!!
But, now.... this is my daughter's favorite. :D

Okay, only 1 day and 1 hour until I leave for the airport (my countdown clock is off by an hour). You guys are making me very hungry....now the first thing I'm going to want to do when I get down there is try some of these sweets ;)

I can't take the credit for the knowledge. (I and my family would be as big as Spaceship Earth). I copied the responses from a previous post about favorite desserts at Disney, so I could study them for our upcoming trip. I pasted my copy for you all to share.:p

lwestwise- I'm still impressed that you cut and paste all of that for us!!! :teeth:

I thought it sounded like you had cut and pasted it ;)

I started this thread to get ideas for our trip next week. Sounds like you have had a good time drooling over this stuff as well. Have you chosen anything? I'm thinking DH and I need to try dole whips, S'mores from 50's Prime Time, No Way Jose Sundae, Grapefruit Cake, and Lava Cake. And as long as we hit the Main St. Bakery, Boulangerie Patisserie, Ghiradelli's, and the bakery in Norway, we'll be sampling some of the best.

A page or two ago, I was thinking this sounded yummy. Now my belly aches just thinking it all!

MORE VOTES!!! Maybe if more people tell us what they like, the choices will be narrowed down for us. (Or maybe we'll have MORE food that we HAVE to eat because it all sounds so good!)
Anyway, I'm still having fun!

MORE DESSERT!;)

I am stongly thinking about the No Way Jose, Lava Cake, Mud Slide and visiting the Bakery on the Boardwalk. Oh, and then there is the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream. I know I will have to have Creme Brulee at Chefs De France. This will have to be a list to choose from or they will have to wheel me out.

Dole Whip, Cinnamon Rolls (oh my, they are the ultimate in cinnamon) and Skol Brods from Kringala Bakery, Chocolate Hazelnut Pyramid from California Grill, chocolate mousse cake from Boulangerie, Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe (probably the sweetest "sweet" in WDW!).

Originally posted by kdibattista
Beignets from POFQ food court and the big homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches from the Main Street Bakery.

Never had a beignet - can they be found anywhere in the MK or Epcot?

You will never appreciate a Reeses peanut butter cup in the same way after having a Mickey peanut butter cup from the Candy Shop in MGM.

First of all they are HUGE. The chocolate is some of the best I've ever tasted and the peanut butter is exquisitely smooth. I love the Mickey imprint on the top. The best thing about these is they are so rich, one or two bites is plenty. The worst thing is if it's really hot they will melt really fast!

Jesseblue (or other pros):
I'm already a sucker for peanut butter cups. This has to be a "gotta try". What candy shop is this? Or is there only one, so there's no way to miss it?

Hi guys -

Ok - I'll share my secret, but you have to keep it hush hush so there is plenty left for me!! :)

At Starring Role Bakery in MGM, they have Moon Pies. They are SOOOO good. My DU travel agent told me about them before my last trip (7 months ago already!!!). You get one of these bad boys (they are big enough to split) and then a milk, and you just sit on the patio and people watch. Oh I could go for another right now.

I also loved my sundae at Beaches n Cream. And, anything from the Boulangeire Patisserie (you know what I'm talking about).

Beavertails kick booty, too!!! I like the chocolate hazelnut the best, but they are SOO messy, and no where to sit with a table to eat it without slopping, so I usually get the kilowah sunrise (or however you spell it :)).

Originally posted by JesseBlue
You will never appreciate a Reeses peanut butter cup in the same way after having a Mickey peanut butter cup from the Candy Shop in MGM.

First of all they are HUGE. The chocolate is some of the best I've ever tasted and the peanut butter is exquisitely smooth. I love the Mickey imprint on the top. The best thing about these is they are so rich, one or two bites is plenty. The worst thing is if it's really hot they will melt really fast!

Oh my goodness--this does sound AWESOME!!!!

So it's something big enough to share then?

How much does it cost?

Where is this MGM shop?--OK FOUND THIS ONE OUT:
Go down main street, take the first right, it'll be the first building on the left (shares with The Villain Store)

I'm wondering hoe I'm going to keep this one cool to take back to the resort...

Thanks!!!!
:) :) :)

I am hanging my head in shame. I don't think I have had ANY of the desserts listed here, even a mickey ice cream bar. Now I have a new goal...eat some desserts! DH and I are always full after meals....but who says we have to eat dessert after a meal, right??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter