• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Gettysburg GG

Hey, did this GG take place?? Never heard any stories, and never saw any pics. :confused3

Had to cx our ressies at Drummer boy before the refund policy or non refund policy that is could have made us loose our money. My wife was accepted for unemployment the Monday before the GG. We called but were told that there werent any sites that our trailer would fit into available. We stayed at Artillery Ridge Campground. It was awesome and the staff were awesome too. If anyone remembers our Oct GPS adventures:eek: let me just say we had another one.:confused3 In fact upon arrival to Gettysburg the GPS told me to turn right, right through the NATIONAL CEMETARY with LOCKED GATES. The campgound was on the other side, without a connecting road that is. I will post more about the trip in the next couple days. We were there from Friday to Monday then went to Niagra Falls. Orbs by the kids in some pics but not others . Pics taken at the same campfire one after the other. Ashes were clearly ashes from the fire amd not mistaken for orbs. Tried to go to Drummerboy to look for Green Ears but were told we couldnt drive though for security reasons. Not happy about it but understand it.

Had to cx our ressies at Drummer boy before the refund policy or non refund policy that is could have made us loose our money. My wife was accepted for unemployment the Monday before the GG. We called but were told that there werent any sites that our trailer would fit into available. We stayed at Artillery Ridge Campground. It was awesome and the staff were awesome too. If anyone remembers our Oct GPS adventures:eek: let me just say we had another one.:confused3 In fact upon arrival to Gettysburg the GPS told me to turn right, right through the NATIONAL CEMETARY with LOCKED GATES. The campgound was on the other side, without a connecting road that is. I will post more about the trip in the next couple days. We were there from Friday to Monday then went to Niagra Falls. Orbs by the kids in some pics but not others . Pics taken at the same campfire one after the other. Ashes were clearly ashes from the fire amd not mistaken for orbs. Tried to go to Drummerboy to look for Green Ears but were told we couldnt drive though for security reasons. Not happy about it but understand it.

A little surprised to hear that you couldn't get through - from our observation there was no security. :eek: Okay, not really :eek: but my not-really-in-love-with-camping husband pointed it out in an attempt to find things to hate about our camping trip. He couldn't find much to complain about though. :laughing: The weather was absolutely perfect! We couldn't have asked for a better weekend!

Anyhow, we did make it out to Gettysburg and thoroughly immersed ourselves in Civil War for the weekend and stayed in a nice campground with an awesome pool! :thumbsup2 Check out my pictures and review below.

So how was Artillery Ridge? That was next on my list for Gettysburg campgrounds, but the pool at Drummer Boy is gonna be hard to beat in my kid's minds. :rotfl:

171-1.jpg

168.jpg

079-4.jpg

074-1.jpg

075-1.jpg

161.jpg

Pros: Nicely sized, treed sites; Large campground with golf cart rentals available; Air conditioned, modern restrooms; Fishing pond and no license required!; Pets allowed (Pebbles, the camping dog, didn't come though); Beautiful main pool - really!!!

Cons: Right next to Rt. 15 so it's a little loud - you probably won't be lulled to sleep by the sounds of crackling campfires or a chorus of crickets.

I would absolutely stay there again!
http://www.drummerboycamping.com/

The only good thing about the pool was it was wet. Kinda small and NOOO horseplay. Campground itself was very quite and peacefull. Stocked lake was literally 10 feet behind our trailer. 4 yr old son got to do his first fishing with good results. PICS TO FOLLOW AT A LATER DATE FOR FRANK. Many bluegill and large red ears. A 2-3 lb bass, all on hot dogs. Oh, and a small snapping turtle who wouldnt take no for an answer. Never made it to the bathrooms but the laundry was nice with 4 washers and dryers, the office had anything you could want and there were horses all around. Many pets were seen there also. Talked with many of the "regulars" who come in a couple times a year that said they used to stay at Drummer boy but when it went corporate they stopped going. I wouldnt know the dif. so it would probably have been fine to us.No golf carts availabe to rent and anyone bringing one in has to have proof of insurance. The were very happy to tell us that no one under 18 could drive a cart there. I must admit that I never saw any kids driving carts. All in all a good place to camp. About a half mile from the visitors center for the battlfield.

The only good thing about the pool was it was wet. Kinda small and NOOO horseplay. Campground itself was very quite and peacefull. Stocked lake was literally 10 feet behind our trailer. 4 yr old son got to do his first fishing with good results. PICS TO FOLLOW AT A LATER DATE FOR FRANK. Many bluegill and large red ears. A 2-3 lb bass, all on hot dogs. Oh, and a small snapping turtle who wouldnt take no for an answer.

:thumbsup2

popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter