Give Disney A Break!

We all thought that California Adventure would do a whole lot better then it has. The theme park attendance drop came out of nowhere because of the weak economy.
...on the contrary, there were quite a few people pointing out precisely where mistakes were being made when planning and building DCA. That attendance drop did not come out of nowhere, it came from the fact that Disney built a poor theme park on the cheap. Before 9-11, DCA numbers stunk up the entire West Coast while Disneyland's numbers were very close to targets.

This was not an economy-based, unforeseeable drop in attendance. This was a predictable result of abandoning the principles under which Disneyland was built. It should come as no surprise to anyone that the masses of folks who came under Disney's spell based on Disneyland don't have much use for DCA.

9-11 was definitely a huge curveball thrown at the tourism industry, but to blame the whole of Disney's problems on post-terrorism shock syndrome only absolves management of some serious mistakes that were clearly in evidence before 9-11.

Jeff

Disney is like any normal company. If Universal was doing this same thing, you wouldn't care. You think that you deserve better since this is Disney where everything is BIGGER AND BETTER. Well get over it.
Yes, I do care when Universal does the same thing as do a lot of people if you bother to go check out the Universal boards. btw: MickeyMoose, how old are you? Have you even been around long enough to know what WDW is capable of? I was there a few times in the 70's and have been going regularly ever since 1990 when I moved down here and have personally witnessed the decline of WDW over the past 10 years. Maybe thru a childs eyes it still is a mystical, magical place but some of us expect a little more from the company we've been loyal to for a significant part of our lives.

I am very disappointed.... This is the first year we were to stay onsite..... Decided we could afford the discounted rate, even though it is more than we usually pay for a room. That's okay because we were going to get to go to early entry and beat the crowds. Now that EE is gone, I find no real advantage to staying onsite. Only difference is free parking and I wasn't concerned with that, since we had decided on AP's. Right now, I am considering park hopper passes and staying offsite...

And with the Disney employees taking cuts - management should, too. Has anyone looked at what CEO's and upper management of companys make today? That is a big reason for the high prices on everything.

No, you need to get over yourself. Yes, I believe Disney is bigger and better
and because of that I choose to spend alot of money there year after year.
I am loyal to Disney and I expect the same. Hell man, I am having finacial difficulties,
who isn't? However, I am still going down to WDW next month. If Disney can't give 100%
to us in the parks and at the resorts I understand, just don't ask me to spend a 100% of my
money and not get the same things either. I have every right to complain because Disney is
in business because of people like us on the DIS. If you are tired of hearing people complain
don't read the thread,simple!

Jay

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
I have heard tons of compalints from people on this discussion board about the recent discisions and it really pisses me off.

The Walt Disney Company is in hard times like the other companies and has to cut back in order to continue providing entertainment to the American public.

Also, these changes are only temporary. Disney has told us that the Early Entry Cut and reduced Park Hours is only for the rest of the month of October. Some shows have had reduced days and some people have lost jobs but that must happen. Theme Park attendance is going back up but if people cancel plans (Like some people on this board) and attendance goes back down, then these cut backs will go on longer and we will lose more.

SO PLEASE.....GIVE DISNEY A BREAK!!

You MUST be kidding! So, we should all get less for the ever increasing costs of our vacations and be happy with it? Wake up and smell the coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter