Goofy 2015

I am considering it. I ran Goofy in 2012 and this year. Am sitting out next year but am tempted to run 2015 since its the 10th Goofy.

I would love to run Goofy in 2015 - it would be my first Goofy. But a lot can happen in two years so we'll just have to wait and see. The 2013 marathon was my first runDisney event and I enjoyed it so much. I can't wait to run more!

cewait said:
Well it looks like I NEED to make sure that I register for 2015 early looking at the attention this thread drew. I know it’s cliché … but I take them one at a time as you never know what a race will bring.

I started the quest for a Goofy in 2006 as a dare. The races were split after registration started and folks were bugging the RD about running both. At first, their answer was no, it’s not safe. It was about 2 weeks into the split that the email came out that said they were not encouraging folks to run both races but due to demand they would start allowing folks to enter both races. They thought the idea was rather goofy. Thus the Goofy Race and a Half was born. The first 3 years Disney did not even prepare a listing of finishers of the Goofy as they wanted to dissuade competition. It did not help as many of us track a PR in the 39 mile category (BTW mine is 7:11)

I ran 06 on a stress fracture. I injured the tibia in October 2005 and it healed up – I was thinking a high ankle sprain and took it easy for 4-5 weeks. Then in the half I jumped up on the curb under Seven Seas Lagoon and felt the twinge in the lower leg. My goal in that race was to go really slow in the half and run the full hard; however, since I knew that I had an injury, I ran the remainder of the half hard, PR’ing the race. I spent the remainder of January and February in a boot. 2007 was the hottest year to date for the marathon weekend. I came out of the 07 race saying if that would have been the first race it would have been a once and done. The ‘Disney on Ice’ weekend was a special weekend for Perfectly Goofys. Disney recognized the 180+ folks who were attempting their 5th Goofy. It was nothing like the recognition given the Perfect 10 marathon runners or this year’s Perfect 20.

All this to say that I came close to bailing on the marathon this year and closing out the Goofy with a Perfectly 7. I do plan on running # 9 and then #10 in 2015, assuming good health. However, as evidenced with this year’s injury, the heat and running with the early stages of the flu one cannot assume that the perfect status will remain through 2015. Should a loss of the perfect status occur, I will probably not continue the Goofy race as it kills the weekend’s trip.

Haha. I just realized your Goofy PR is my marathon time. LOL. God, I'm slow!!!!

I am in too! I said I would not run another Goofy after this year, but gotta go for the anniversary medal! :)

Most likely I will do Goofy 2015. Me and my friends completed Goofy this year and it was so much fun (minus the heat) and we are discussing making this an annual trip for us.

I'm in!!! I was just down for the 20th Marathon with my sister and decided that 2015 is the year for me to be GOOFY!!! I came home to tell my DH our next trip is in Jan 2015 and the kids went wild :cheer2: they can't wait to cheer me on. Thanks for starting this thread......

I am in!! I did the goofy challenge this year and decided that 2015 was my year. I plan to do all the runDisney races in 2015. Better start saving now!

AB6876 said:
I am in!! I did the goofy challenge this year and decided that 2015 was my year. I plan to do all the runDisney races in 2015. Better start saving now!

That is a lot of money!!!!

PRmamiDEdos said:
That is a lot of money!!!!

No kidding.. I have figured out a monthly savings plan so it is not so over whelming. I am also hoping in recruit friends and family members to join me on a few so they can split the hotel costs.. I have a plan so far. We will see, hopefully nothing big comes up that would change the plans cause you never know.

If I do Goofy it will be ONCE, so I figure the anniversary year of 2015 is the time to do it.

I did the full marathon this year and was considering Goofy for 2014,but I think I'm bailing on Goofy for 2014 and instead doing the ToT 10 miler this October and the full marathon again in January 2014 and leaving Goofy for 2015 with it being the 10th anniversary,will also probably do the Wine and Dine in 2014.

I'm thinking about it. I was supposed to go Goofy 2011 for my 40th birthday ( half marathon day would've been my actual birthday) but then auto-immune health issues caused me to not go. A friend mentioned that 2015 is an anniversary year and it is on my mind even though the very thought of it scares the heck out of me!

I know I will sign up again for my second Goofy when the registration opens up for 2014.
Does anyone know when that happens?

As for 2015, I agree with coach, one year at a time. I would like to think I will do it every year for a quite a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter