Goofy 2015

If I do Goofy it will be ONCE, so I figure the anniversary year of 2015 is the time to do it.

Thats kinda my thought. I was even thinking maybe Dopey just to say I did it! :rotfl: But I havent even run my first half yet so it is all just pipe dreams right now. We'll talk after my half on Oct 12th :lmao:

In for the marathon in 2014. We'll see how that goes but goofy 2015 is my goal. I've done a few 13.1 but 39.3 is a huge amount of "left foot, right foot, repeat".

I'm not sure how I would handle the Goofy let alone Dopey but I have it on my goal sheet. Its kind of a long way off. I think atmosphere and excitement of being in Disney would make it worth it. We'll see where I am come registration time next year and see what I'm feeling like. I'm nervous because I wouldn't have anyone to run the 1/2 or full with and I think it would be fun with a friend so we will see.

Hi folks I am hoping to do my very first Dopey. Coming over from the Uk so I need to start planning my leave from work. Would I be right in guessing the 2015 races will take place over the 11th & 12th Jan
Grateful for any advice/info you can offer.

Chris

They generally fall whatever Thursday Friday weekend days for that time period.
I just checked a 2015 calendar...I am thinking it might be the January 9th weekend...
We will know in January. When marathon weekend happens in '14 they will have the dates out for the following year.

It's my 2014 goal to qualify for Boston 2015, but if I don't do that, I'll be doing Goofy.

Hi Many thanks to all who kindly replied to my post. I was thinking it would take place over that weekend too It may sound crazy but the company I work for are asking us to select now, the weeks we wish to take as leave/Vacation between April 2014 up to March 2015. That's my reason for asking
Look forward to maybe running along with you folks that are thinking of doing the Dopey. Train safely

Chris

I would then give the dates of the weekend around the 9th or 7th of January.
We will know when marathon weekend is here because they will have it on brochures...though no one can register for it until a few mos later.

I plan to run the Dopey in 2015 and get the 10th Anniversary Goofy medal in the process.

I feel the exact same way...glad I did all 3 once but once was enough for me. I'm hoping to go Goofy again in 2015...fingers crossed! :thumbsup2
Obviously I said this before Dopey was announced (referring to doing 5K + Goofy this year)....:) I just can't pass up a Minnie medal, and I still want the 10th anniversary Goofy medal. So Dopey 2015 it is!

I was aiming for just the 2015 marathon but you guys have me looking to going Goofy.

I'm strictly a runner, with 2 halfs, some 10 milers etc. under my belt but am considering changing to run/walk to prevent injury and overdoing it by attemping 3 races.

Should I stick with what I know or run/walk? I know it's over a year away but reading everyone's post about marathon weekend coming up has me thinking it wouldn't hurt to start my training so I'm ready.

Also, when do you think registration will open up for 2015? I'm sure Goofy is going to sell out fast!

I am at least considering the marathon for 2015 may consider going Goofy now that I've done a double race challenge and know I can do them (Dumbo). Tinkerbell moving away from the race helps a lot even if I don't like that they moved it all the way to May at least I can finally consider WDW Marathon weekend again. And it has me pretty excited.

I was aiming for just the 2015 marathon but you guys have me looking to going Goofy.

I'm strictly a runner, with 2 halfs, some 10 milers etc. under my belt but am considering changing to run/walk to prevent injury and overdoing it by attemping 3 races.

Should I stick with what I know or run/walk? I know it's over a year away but reading everyone's post about marathon weekend coming up has me thinking it wouldn't hurt to start my training so I'm ready.

Also, when do you think registration will open up for 2015? I'm sure Goofy is going to sell out fast!

There are infinite forms of run/walking and I would urge you to consider some variant of r/w. They range from 30seconds/30 seconds to running a mile, walking a minute and even longer. The key point of run/walking is to start the interval as soon as you cross the start i.e. do not run 3 miles then start.

I believe running from a longer base going into a marathon is a great idea. Basically, if one is running a longest run every month of 8-10 miles, they are looking to have a huge leg up on other first-time marathoners. So a typical month's long runs may look like 6 miles, 8 miles, 6 miles 10 miles then repeat. Do not get locked in on these as absolute, only an ideal distance.

Look for the Goofy registration to open in early April. The 2014 race opened April 9. Though I would also look at the runD website in February every so often to be sure they do not do something different this year. The marathon registration start has been anywhere from the day after the previous race to April

There are infinite forms of run/walking and I would urge you to consider some variant of r/w. They range from 30seconds/30 seconds to running a mile, walking a minute and even longer. The key point of run/walking is to start the interval as soon as you cross the start i.e. do not run 3 miles then start.

I believe running from a longer base going into a marathon is a great idea. Basically, if one is running a longest run every month of 8-10 miles, they are looking to have a huge leg up on other first-time marathoners. So a typical month's long runs may look like 6 miles, 8 miles, 6 miles 10 miles then repeat. Do not get locked in on these as absolute, only an ideal distance.

Look for the Goofy registration to open in early April. The 2014 race opened April 9. Though I would also look at the runD website in February every so often to be sure they do not do something different this year. The marathon registration start has been anywhere from the day after the previous race to April

Thanks for the insight Coach! Should I look at my pace and consider r/w based on that?

Hey all. I've been running for eight months and have 4 5ks, a 10k, and a 15k under my belt and I'm training for my first half marathon in May. Just three days ago, while evaluating my winter training plan for that half marathon, I decided that in spite of fear and a previous lack of interest in doing one, I was definitely going to do a marathon before I turned 30 (in July '16), and I was going to do it at WDW.

I'm down for at least the Marathon in 2015, but I'm not sure if I'll do Goofy. I have to see how my body tolerates the halfy in May (and at a second halfy I'm seriously considering on Labor Day.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter