Guests spreading Disney Magic

I got to do a couple "magical" things. So that was fun..
Than on the drive way home wasn't very magical but this persons gas cap was hanging by a thread on there car and I told my mom to honk at them so I could get there attention to tell them. And it worked. <3

Our kids did the glow stick give a way too, and I was surprised by the number of kids that wouldn't take them, or whose parents said no.....It wasn't like it was DH or I that was trying to give them, it was mostly DD8 and DS 10, and still a lot of times they were turned down. They were a little discouraged at first, but the kids who were delighted and really appreciative made up for it. I remember one of the kids who had said no at first, coming back over to where my kids were sitting after a bit, and her dad explaining that they don't speak english well, and the little girl just hadn't understood, and then she was really happy when the kids gave her a bracelet, and necklace too, so that was kind of neat.

Also DH almost killed me for this one, but we were in line (REALLY LONG checkout line at breakfast at the resort food court) and we had finally made it almost to the front. The woman in front of us went to cash out, and when she started looking in her pockets for the cash, she couldn't find it. She was panicked, and her kids were all with her, and she was getting upset and starting to cry a bit, cause we had all waited sooooo long, I just couldn't stand to watch, so I said to the cashier to just charge it all to my room. It wasn't a fortune or anything, but it wasn't cheap either, and DH was totally giving me the eye, but I said to him after, if it was me in her place, with our three kids who had just waited in line for 20 minutes for our breakfast, and I had lost my money, or whatever, I would hope someone might do the same for us. Anyway, it turned out that when we came back to our room that night, there was a message on our machine from the woman, thanking us very much and saying how she had managed to get the CM to help her figure out how to get the money credited back to my room for me, which I was actually really amazed by, as was DH.

Also DH almost killed me for this one, but we were in line (REALLY LONG checkout line at breakfast at the resort food court) and we had finally made it almost to the front. The woman in front of us went to cash out, and when she started looking in her pockets for the cash, she couldn't find it. She was panicked, and her kids were all with her, and she was getting upset and starting to cry a bit, cause we had all waited sooooo long, I just couldn't stand to watch, so I said to the cashier to just charge it all to my room. It wasn't a fortune or anything, but it wasn't cheap either, and DH was totally giving me the eye, but I said to him after, if it was me in her place, with our three kids who had just waited in line for 20 minutes for our breakfast, and I had lost my money, or whatever, I would hope someone might do the same for us. Anyway, it turned out that when we came back to our room that night, there was a message on our machine from the woman, thanking us very much and saying how she had managed to get the CM to help her figure out how to get the money credited back to my room for me, which I was actually really amazed by, as was DH.

What a GREAT story! :thumbsup2

Our kids did the glow stick give a way too, and I was surprised by the number of kids that wouldn't take them, or whose parents said no.....It wasn't like it was DH or I that was trying to give them, it was mostly DD8 and DS 10, and still a lot of times they were turned down. They were a little discouraged at first, but the kids who were delighted and really appreciative made up for it. I remember one of the kids who had said no at first, coming back over to where my kids were sitting after a bit, and her dad explaining that they don't speak english well, and the little girl just hadn't understood, and then she was really happy when the kids gave her a bracelet, and necklace too, so that was kind of neat.

That is really a wonderful story! I have on occasion done something similar (not big, but a little something) with the very thought in my head that it would be nice if my family was in that situation and somebody did something to help.

After hearing your story I will try to actually look (instead of my normal oblivious) for more opportunities to help out when I can. Going to make for a much different and interesting trip to WDW this summer.

An older couple gave my son and friend what was left of their dream fastpasses at AK last Saturday. Everest was still on it! We had regular Fastpasses so my 10 year old went on twice in a row. :woohoo:
And we were at Fantasmic our last night on Monday and got to talking to the people behind us....it was their first visit and the little girl was so thrilled to be there. I noticed she was dressed in Minnie Mouse stuff so I gave her a Minnie pin off my lanyard. She gave me such a huge SMILE and a THANK YOU!Also gave 2 princess pins on my lanyard to 2 little girls I noticed with birthday buttons on. They were thrilled too!:banana:
It's so fun to spread the magic!

We went in Feb. and DGD4 was upset to be missing her Valentine party at pre-school, so we let her take Valentines and give them out in the park. She gave them to other children, a few CMs, some of the characters, and some senior adults. She gave them out each day during the week of Valentines Day, probably about 100 of them. At first she was a little timid, but later on she would scan the crowd and see who "needed" a Valentine. It was a great lesson in better to give than to receive.

We went in Feb. and DGD4 was upset to be missing her Valentine party at pre-school, so we let her take Valentines and give them out in the park. She gave them to other children, a few CMs, some of the characters, and some senior adults. She gave them out each day during the week of Valentines Day, probably about 100 of them. At first she was a little timid, but later on she would scan the crowd and see who "needed" a Valentine. It was a great lesson in better to give than to receive.

That is so sweet!! What a great idea!

Last year, on our last day, we "finally" got found by the Dream Squad at the end of Peter Pan's Flight. Lanyards and pins. DD was happy because we'd seen people with lanyards and with the FPs but never the Dream Squad.

When we got back home, we went to one of the local fairs with friends of hers from elementary school - they had all graduated 8th grade and were about to start high school. One of her friends had gone with his mom on a Disney Cruise / WDW vacation and had just gotten back before we went to the fair. They never saw the Dream Squad in their 3 days, and he'd told DD how lucky she was. He's a big pin collector, so, the night we met at the fair, I gave him my unopened lanyard and pins. You should have seen the boy's face - he was so surprised - and his mom kept asking me why I didn't keep it for myself.

I love this thread :)

We have given away FP and received them from other kind guests - my DD went on TT twice as one young boy gave her a couple of FP when she was going on the ride.

I have been to WDW a no. of times...

One of the things my DH and I enjoy doing the most is, buying a big Mickey/Minnie balloon...and finding a child who looks like they would really LOVE it...and giving it to them....with parents permission of course...Its so great to see the face light up over the unexpected surprise....Worth every bit of that $6.

We did that on our way home one time. We were in the lobby waiting for the Magical Express feeling low about having to go home. Both of my kids had those balloons and were worried about having to leave it at the airport. After reading these boards, I asked them if they wanted to find kids who looked liek they could use some magic to give it to.

They were both so happy after they did that.

This trip (just got back yesterday) half our group decided to go back to the hotel rather than wait for our JC fastpasses. I found a haggard looking father on the back of the regular line and gave them to him. He looked confused until I pointed out that he could go on right away.

The magic always comes back one way or another as we had an outstanding Bus driver who helped us out. But that is another story for another thread.:wizard:

Last summer my daughter and I brought princess, pirate, and tinkerbell stickers to the parks, so anytime we saw a child getting cranky on line we would try to distract them by offering them their choice of stickers....:lovestruc

My daughter is 9 and sized out of Disney costumes at 8, :laundy: so this year we are bringing a bunch of crowns and tiaras to give away. We know all too well what it's like to be short of pocket money, so if we can give a smile with something inexpensive or out grown,...well isn't that why we're all here? :angel:

We had CRT reservations one morning and were waiting with my two princesses to take a picture with the Walt & Mickey statue in front of the castle. A CM was wiping the dew off of it and drying it down, so I snapped a picture. He came over and gave my girls each a YoMD Tinkerbell pin set, "One for you, one to give."

When we got to the line for CRT, there was a family with 3 girls in front of us, and the littlest girl was BBB'ed up as Tink. I asked her grandma if it would be okay to share the pin with her and, with her approval, my DDs gave her the "share" pin. Her mom and grandma were almost in tears. They said that so often their little Tink gets overlooked with two big sisters and they were just delighted that she had gotten that special treat.

So Disney had a hand in that one, but we got some of the thrill.

I also like the glow stick idea. I got a TON on clearance at le Mart de Wal after Halloween last year and will have to try to remember to bring them. (They are also great for power outages at home, by the way!)

When I took my niece in Sept. 2007 to Disneyland I had made up extra "I Spy" bottles so that she could give them out.

She gave one to a little boy who was waiting beside us for the parade to start. The mother thought we wanted it back after the parade.

She gave another one to a mother at a table near us one evening who was waiting with her children for her husband to bring the food. She hadn't seen anything like it and thought they were a good idea.

I gave a princess candy bracelet to a mother with a little girl (around 2yr). The little girl had fun eating it while the Storybook Aladdin was going on. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how messy they are for a young child and the mom had to go and get wet wipe to clean her up! If your on the Dis Boards-I'm sorry.

I also had balloons at the airport that we blew up and left behind for some children.

I'm planning on giving away more little things this year. We can only fly with one bag and a carry on each this time. Probably some lollipops, glow sticks, etc.

PS- If you haven't heard of the I Spy bottle this is what you do:
Get an empty water/pop bottle and put some rice inside, add some small things (button, confetti, penny, foam shapes, mini toy, candle, etc), add more rice and keep alternating until it is almost full. You need to leave some room for the items to move around so you can find them. Crazy glue or hot glue the lid to the bottle. Then you can find items or play other games like how many green things can you find?

Guys listen up: Send your wife a dozen roses on the first day of your vacation. On the last night let your wife/ daughters give the roses away to twelve little princesses.

That is how you score major points.

Your Welcome,
Steven

Guys listen up: Send your wife a dozen roses on the first day of your vacation. On the last night let your wife/ daughters give the roses away to twelve little princesses.

That is how you score major points.

Your Welcome,
Steven

Awwwww. Do you have an available brother just like you? What a wonderful idea to pay it forward before going home

I'm only on page two so far - it's such a big thread and I'm new here, so I won't get to read it all tonight - but I think it's the best thread I've ever read. Definitely getting a little teary. :)

What :goodvibesa perfect thread.:goodvibes

I tried to make a Year of a Million Dreams come true for a very special family in our lives.
They went to WDW for the first time that the kids can remember so I wanted to do something special for them & show them how much we appreciate them.

I made a "surprise" envelope filled with confetti & clues for their special suprise day from us.
I bought them tickets to the P&PP........made them a treasure map & their adventure started with the first clue (photos & addresses) was to be at WCC at 4:45 for dinner....then the map took them to the dock for the MK boat. I had "fun facts" about the lakes & CR also on the map and then when they passed the CR the map instructed them to open the last envelope & there were the tickets for the party, they had an unbelievable "Year of a Million Dreams" suprise!:dance3:

The stories they told with so much excitement was overwhelming!!!!! They bought us home a "Year of a Million Dreams" Suprise!

This was actually in Disneyland a few weeks ago. It was our first (and probably only - due to location, not enjoyment factor) trip to DL and we decided to try to get on some rides while the parade was going on in hopes that the lines would be shorter. As we were walking in, a girl stopped me and told me that she and her friend had won the extra hour in the parks in the YOAMD and they couldn't use them. She gave them to us and told us to have a great time.

It turned out to be the most magical part of our vacation. DH was beyond thrilled, as he had never been to WDW during E-Ticket nights (how I miss them!) and never experienced a park that empty. So we didn't really "win" from the dream team, but we definitely won during the YOAMD thanks to those people.

While waiting for fantasmic to start on our Oct '07 trip to Disney to celebrate my b-day a guest who was sitting next to us noticed I was wearing a b-day button and bought me a light up mickey mouse =)

Not at WDW - but a few years ago we were visiting the town of Celebration. My DD was buying a bookmark for her Great Gran (only a few $) from one of the stores. The lady in front had made a large purchase and the sales lady said she was entitiled to one of the 'Celebration snow globes' - to which she replied she already had one & could she think of someone to give it to - perhaps this young girl behind her in the queue? Well, what a lovely gesture :) To this day the snow globe has pride of place on my DD's shelf in her bedroom.

Thank you:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter