Halloween Finally comes to VMK & New Changes (merged)

Arg! I've just logged on and my clothes have gone screwy! I used to have a nice collection of plain strap-tops, but now they've all got Minnie on them! What's gone wrong? Should I email the blackhole, or just hope that it's a glitch that will soon be fixed? Sorry for taking the thread slightly OT, but it is sort of related.

Thanks guys!

Ah I guess I came across very complain-ish.
I don't mean to at all. I am happy with the updates and very excited to see what else VMK has in store for us!:hug:

I just wanted to know if it was just me. :goodvibes

Otherwise everything looks AWESOME!

Oh, don't worry, I didn't think you sounded whiney at all. I just know all too well around here how easy it is to get labeled as a complainer or whiner. ;)

Arg! I've just logged on and my clothes have gone screwy! I used to have a nice collection of plain strap-tops, but now they've all got Minnie on them! What's gone wrong? Should I email the blackhole, or just hope that it's a glitch that will soon be fixed? Sorry for taking the thread slightly OT, but it is sort of related.

Thanks guys!

AHHH! Thank you for posting this! Mine too!

All of my plain tank tops now have Minnie on them. :eek: And with all love for the little mouse, I dont want her on them! :rotfl: Hopefully this is a bug that vmk will work out.

There are also NO plain tank tops in the shops. They ALL have Minnie on them. :confused3

Hope hope hoping it's a bug they are working on.

Wheee!
My first VMK Halloween <3 Can't wait :teeth:

Do they do the same thing that they did for the 4th of July? You sign on ; on the day and get the pin? Or do you need to buy it? :confused:

Maybe it's the new fashion rofl:lmao:

When my fiance first logged on this morning and went into a room, we saw that spinning stuff and, since all the Halloween decorations were up, we thought they also put some new stuff for sale in the shops and it was a new costume. She searched the shops and didn't find anything. That's when we realized what it was.

When my fiance first logged on this morning and went into a room, we saw that spinning stuff and, since all the Halloween decorations were up, we thought they also put some new stuff for sale in the shops and it was a new costume. She searched the shops and didn't find anything. That's when we realized what it was.

Yep, saw that too..
When I was in that room, I thought it was a new type of magic.

LOL...I thought the same thing! I immediately went searching for this new magic pin!

Has anyone else been able to walk through their Alice star walls though?
I can't walk through mine now. I had to separate my walls in my Halloween room (Alice) to walk into it now. Not sure if I like that change. lol

Also adding, in the same room I now have an electrical zapping sound in the background! Weird....;)
Kim
AH! I hope they fix this! I can't get in my rooms, without moving the walls that hide the ugly door!

That sound is just odd.:confused3

Not all girls have orange alice hair. I don't have it and lots of others don't have it.

I don't either.:confused:

Hey, I didn't think I did either but what u need to do is change to Alice hair style, then change the color of the hair with the color change button, LOL Presto, you have orange hair. I just wish we could change the color on the other hair styles too so I could wear a hat at the same time.

I don't have the color change option. This is what I see.
alicehair.jpg

HEY! they improved the sound in the game - now it sounds more clear!!
This is very cool for me since I'm a Radio/TV major and sensitive to new sounds ;)

you first ROFL

i was thinking the same thing.

Ok, me first:

I moved all the items from one of my accounts back into an account that became unwieldy after the first major VMK upgrade (it worked fine with over 5000 items until then) - there is about 2500 items left in the account and I moved another 1000 or so items back in. Runs just fine.

However: There is a major trade issue. Sometimes, in teh trade window, items will disappear, then reappear, or not, after putting something else in teh window. It also freezes and crashes on about half of the trades. (the account which is trading the items, not the big one. One account was nearly empty and it was still crashing and freezing)

Wow it took me awhile to get through all of this thread lol. Love most of the changes, and can live with the others (I think so far). Can't wait to see what else they come out with!

Has anyone else been able to walk through their Alice star walls though?
I can't walk through mine now. I had to separate my walls in my Halloween room (Alice) to walk into it now. Not sure if I like that change. lol

Also adding, in the same room I now have an electrical zapping sound in the background! Weird....;)
Kim

I discovered the first night that I saw the star walls (No idea that they had come out lol) that we couldn't walk through those ones. Have not tried the hill ones thought to see if those still work.

Not all girls have orange alice hair. I don't have it and lots of others don't have it.

I didn't have the orange alice hair either when I scrolled through but like many of the others I don't like the alice hair much. I think they should have just added the orange color option

As far as the tank tops I sure hope they do change them back to plain too. I like minnie, but never was a fan of the minnie tank tops, but loved the plain ones.

I discovered the first night that I saw the star walls (No idea that they had come out lol) that we couldn't walk through those ones. Have not tried the hill ones thought to see if those still work.

ALR HILL 3 the one with the castle can still be walked through. I beleive this will be fixed as they were designed to alow the ride to go through them and hide the doors or whatever. It is not easy to work with them i played a bit to test it. You have to place the walls tthen place the track through the wall and to move the wall the track must be removed. Not sure if this is different but its like having an item on a rug but not being able to see it. It is a little ackword

I didn't have the orange alice hair either when I scrolled through but like many of the others I don't like the alice hair much. I think they should have just added the orange color option.
Also not a big fan of the orange hair but agree it should be an option. Never did see it work, I think it not working is a bug and will be fixed. I also think both this hair style and the dracula look are temporary for the holliday and will be removed after.

As far as the tank tops I sure hope they do change them back to plain too. I like minnie, but never was a fan of the minnie tank tops, but loved the plain ones.
This has to be an error the mini and tink shirts have it in the title the other still just have tank top. I think they were acidentaly linked to the wrong thing and it should be fixed. I recomend holding off on selling all your mini shirts.

Also a note- we tested a trade between two of us that could not trade for a long time and it went very smooth. (For the record an orange bat bag is worth exactly 1 orange bat bag) Very happy that it appears for now I can trade again. :)

Ok, me first:

I moved all the items from one of my accounts back into an account that became unwieldy after the first major VMK upgrade (it worked fine with over 5000 items until then) - there is about 2500 items left in the account and I moved another 1000 or so items back in. Runs just fine.

However: There is a major trade issue. Sometimes, in teh trade window, items will disappear, then reappear, or not, after putting something else in teh window. It also freezes and crashes on about half of the trades. (the account which is trading the items, not the big one. One account was nearly empty and it was still crashing and freezing)

I was having trade issues last night too.
In the window, when I clicked on something to place into the trade, sometimes it would still be in the inventory as though it was there.

Such as:
ct had 4 shield tables in her inventory
I double clicked to place 1 into the trade. While the table showed in the trade, it also showed that ct still had 4 tables in her inventory. No matter how many tables I placed into the trade, it would still show that ct had 4 tables.

I finally had to just close out the trade window and try again.

I finally got on to play last night and see the new changes. While I love the fact that they stack items in your inventory and give you a quantity, I don't like the flip through pages thing. I'd rather scroll down the list. But that's something I'll get used to I suppose.

Same with the shops. Gosh, I hope the new Shop interface has a bug... It just seems so... unwieldy.

I also don't care for the fact that when you first bring out your Stuff window and need to page through it there is a "timer square" in the middle until it figures out what's supposed to be displayed. Then each time you flip through a page that square comes up again. When I'm first logging on to VMK it says it's loading the databases (a new character one now, I see)... This process (new a the beginning of the year, added on now) causes my initial log on to be tremendously longer than it used to be last year, and has never seemed to me to save any time while playing. And now that it loads my Stuff differently I'm lagged there too. You'd think at logging on they could load everything that needs loading preventing me from having to (re?)load it when I actually go to look at it. Like why do I have to load more stuff when going to the Mansion?

I didn't get a chance to trade. Can't comment on that.

I love the Halloween decorations. Same as last year, but they're so NEAT!

The Dracula "hair"... It's funny. The slick-back hair look, the raised colar, the gaunt eyes, the big, pointy teeth... Love It. Still, it was a novelty I soon tired of and removed. lol It's a cool new feature for those who want to use it. I think it was aengus who mentioned they need to do a "face" with a Mask so we can wear a hat at the same time. Now that would be GREAT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter