How often do you order take out these days?

We have been getting take out about once a week. We don't take any precautions (other than wearing a mask when picking it up now that its mandatory). Just bring it home and dig in. We tip more than usual also.

I've had more outside food in the last month and a half than usual. I try not to go out to eat too often (too expensive), but I'm trying to help the people open. So we decided on once a week, but have gotten twice a couple weeks.

It is nice for something different and not having to worry about cooking/dishes. But we are good cooks (nothing fancy) and don't really mind cooking. Most of the time when I get food (not just now, but anytime I go out) and I'm eating it I think I could've made this just as good or better and saved a bunch of money.

1-2 times a week. We wipe down the bags they come in and transfer the food to plates (and wash our hands), but nothing extreme.

Door Dash is actually on the way right now.

But we've been ordering about 2-3x per week, mostly delivery. I'm working a reduced schedule so I'm on Day 1 of several days off. But when I do go to work, I have stopped by one of my favorite restaurants on the way home and ordered more than I normally would and I'll take some leftovers with me to work for lunch.

I transfer from the original containers, wash my hands, and go.

Once a week, which is actually less than usual. LOL We've been picking up. No more precautions than usual...just wash my hands before eating.

This is us, too. We rarely got take out- only because we don't live in a area with a lot of delivery options and we are lazy about going out after getting home from work!! But the last month or so we've made the effort to get it once per week.

about once a week. Every place has curbside pickup. We put on our own plates and wash hands before eating. Usually do a quick heat up in the microwave, makes me feel better as I read that can kill any virus LOL.

We have take out about once, maybe twice a week.
We are picking up pizza tonight.

No precautions when handling the food containers. Just wash before eating as always.

I've been getting a sandwich for lunch on Saturdays, usually ordering a bit extra to have some left over. I've gotten a couple of pizza's too. I am a bit careful with the containers, but not overly worried. I just unwrap the sandwiches anyway. Pizza stays in its box but I did dab a little bit of alcohol on to the front part where I touch it.

About 3-4. No precautions. We ordered Italian yesterday at work. We all ate it out of the to go containers.

one to two times a week. About the same as before, but spending less overall due to not ordering drinks.

We have ordered a take out pizza just once in the last 6 weeks (tomorrow is 6 weeks for us). The rest has been home cooked meals.

My wife is an amazing cook, so it isn't helping my waist line.😋

1-3 times a week, only from small mom and pop places. They need our business more, and they're showing some incredible ingenuity both for safety standards and for the meals they're offering. We pick up because we live in too rural an area for delivery. Only precautions I'm taking is plating the food (sometimes) instead of eating from the container, and washing my hands before I eat.

We're doing a few times a week, from both chains and locals. No additional precautions.
I had issues ordering from delivery places before this whole thing started, so I'm going to pick up everything. I wouldn't say its the highlight of my day, but we all know that's not true. :rolleyes2

We order out on Saturday nights now since we can’t go out like we used to. We used door dash last weekend and ended up getting extra free food because he initially brought us the wrong order then couldn’t take it back

We do a couple of nights/week. We usually get pizza once during the week. On Saturdays I work in the yard, go to the grocery and get some takeout on the way home for dinner. I don't take any extra precautions beyond paying online so I'm not passing a card back and forth, and doing curbside pickup.

Done door dash 4 times, pizza about 3 times. Prop to my local Chick a fila, they are on point, gloves, masks, puts the bag in a plastic box for the transfer. They moved the credit card machine outside but I use the app to mobile order and pay.

Twice in the last 5 weeks, once from a Chinese restaurant and once from Tex Mex place. Both pickup.

We've done it twice in the last 5 weeks, both local places we want to see make it through this. We'll do it again for Mother's Day if not before. We only do places we can phone in the order and pay via credit card and then we do curbside pick up. Transfer from containers onto our own dishes, throw away their packaging outside and then wash our hands before eating.

I love the money we're saving, but I'm so tired of cooking that we may start getting take out more often!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter