How often do you order take out these days?

Once a week since the lockdown started. Either Friday or Saturday evening. We order and pay (including a tip) online and then go to pick it up.

We transfer the food onto our own dishes and throw out the containers in the outdoor trash can. Wash hands before eating.

Several of the Chinese restaurants we like have closed. I guess there is a stigma and customers are avoiding them.

Tonite will be the first time since this all started. We have to go the grocery store, and are going to stop by Chic Filet for take out. I am tired of cooking..3 meals a day x 4-5 weeks, enough already, lol! I plan on taking it out of the containers, dumping them in the trash outdoors, and eating on our own plates

Good luck, Lynn. :goodvibes

We'll get something for lunch once or twice a week - usually Chic Fil A or Mexican

For dinner we've been getting something on Saturday nights to support local businesses.

I don't wipe anything down - nor my groceries. Someone posted that they were heating all take-out until it was steaming to kill the virus so she wasn't getting salads or sushi. I find that silly.

Good luck, Lynn. :goodvibes

Thanks Kitty! They made it painless. Only a few cars in the drive thru when we got there. Ordered..drove around to a little booth like thing. Girl stuck out a selfie stick thing with the credit card swiper on it, slid it thru, drove up to the window , got food and drove out. By the time we got out, the line was around the bldg, lol. Not my favorite take out, but hubby likes it, and I didn't have to cook. Took it out of the containers, heated it for a min in the microwave. Put the drinks in our own cups, and took the trash outside. I did have some clean up as I used our own plates though, lol! That was the first, and probably the last take out since covid started. I think I will wait till all of the restaurants can open back up to try something else
Aldi's was practically empty of customers. All I wanted was one of the texas bbq briskets they had on special this week. they had 3 salt and pepper ones, and 4 texas bbqq ones. I got one of the bigger ones so we have enough for a few meals.

We've been getting dinner twice a week, lunch 2-3 times. No precautions, other than working from a limited list of places.

I would love to get Taco Bell, but I was super frustrated by their practices before all of this. They put touch screens in their restaurant for people to order, and then cut staff to only have one person responsible for the drive-thru and lobby customers. A. Lobby customers wouldn't use the screens or B. Wanted to pay with cash, so the poor person was running around like crazy. They were always so apologetic and frustrated. Anyway, if that was the way Taco Bell was running things, I don't trust them to do this right. Meanwhile, today's Chick-Fil-A drive thru involved a credit card swipe machine that had been attached to a long handled spatula so the driver could pay, without the person having to touch the card or get to close. Getting the food, is a plastic bin that is pushed out so the driver can pick up their drinks and food bag without having to get to close to the employee.

I'm pretty sure the last time we ordered take out was a pizza in late Feb. No precautions besides making sure the pie was fresh and made to order.

Quite often. 3-4x per week. It’s pretty much about normal for me. I don’t enjoy cooking and am not great at it. Plus, cooking for one is just a flipping pain.

In my area loads of new restaurants are joining the delivery apps so I try to support local restaurants.

I put the food on my own plate and wash my hands.

why are people taking their trash to an outside bin? Is this recommended or just something people are doing as something to feel safer?

We've been getting dinner twice a week, lunch 2-3 times. No precautions, other than working from a limited list of places.

I would love to get Taco Bell, but I was super frustrated by their practices before all of this. They put touch screens in their restaurant for people to order, and then cut staff to only have one person responsible for the drive-thru and lobby customers. A. Lobby customers wouldn't use the screens or B. Wanted to pay with cash, so the poor person was running around like crazy. They were always so apologetic and frustrated. Anyway, if that was the way Taco Bell was running things, I don't trust them to do this right. Meanwhile, today's Chick-Fil-A drive thru involved a credit card swipe machine that had been attached to a long handled spatula so the driver could pay, without the person having to touch the card or get to close. Getting the food, is a plastic bin that is pushed out so the driver can pick up their drinks and food bag without having to get to close to the employee.

I hate those stupid order kiosks and never use them (Well, except for once at the McDonalds near Disneyland where the employee was FORCING everyone to use them). They waste more time than they save especially when you want to pay with cash. But even without cash, any time I see someone use one they sit there for-EVER tapping out their order because you have to go through a dozen different screens just to order a burger. Personally I'd rather just walk up to the counter and say "I'll have this, this, and this." Done.

Now with people less willing to touch stuff a million other people have touched I hope these kiosks are one of the first things to go away.

Not even once. We live sort of out in the country so only a small Chinese restaurant will deliver to us but we rarely order from them. When I used to work twice a week in town I would stop every once in a while on the way home and pick something up but now I just go in once a week to check mail, fairly early in the day so too early to pick anything up. We used to go get fast food maybe twice a month but haven't done that since maybe mid-March. If we did it, we would heat it up when we got home since it would be cold. We will probably order something to pick up in a week or two but not any time soon. I'm not worried about it but for some reason hubby is and prefers to cook at home. Not a battle worth fighting for me.

Hubby actually said something the other day about wanting Taco Bell. Not my favorite even in the best of times and the one closest to us is one of those combined with KFC and they can't get an order right to save their lives. We could go the opposite direction and into a bigger town but I'm holding out until our local little Mexican Restaurant can open back up. On the other hand, I said I wanted Chick-Fil-A and totally trust them because they are so good at their drive through all the time. I could go for one of their milkshakes right now.

why are people taking their trash to an outside bin? Is this recommended or just something people are doing as something to feel safer?

We've been doing this and I don't really know why. DW says she heard it was recommended, and I suppose it makes her feel a bit safer, so I have no problem with it.

We have, but less than usual. Especially since DH use yo eat lunch out almost daily.

Pizza three 3x; twice delivery, once pick up.
Sonic 2x
Olive Garden 1x, pick up
Buffalo Wild Wings 1x, delivery
Texas Roadhouse 1x, pick up
Abuelos 1x, pick up

the best: Texas Roadhouse. The runners were wearing gloves and mask, and were quick. Efficient organization when you check in at their lot entrance.

the worst: Abuelos. The runner was not wearing gloves or mask, and practically climbed into our car to pull out and show each item. Even when we said we’d verify it ourselves. Plus they lost our order. Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter