I Just Got Spam By A Dis Member. But Lava Boy Saves the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very suspicious hearing the words, "a leader under his Guest
character". If it's not the CL itself, my BS warning bells would have gone
off like crazy!

And I know exactly who you're talking about based on your description.
After what happened to this player, being the victim of a scam, you'd think
the player would have the decency NOT to poop in the sandbox of players
who had some respect for him.

I hope you can pinpoint the time/date for chat and trade logs.

What is a leader under a guest character? Of course he will say he was not the guest! Only VMK will know if the guest came from his computer.

So sorry this happened, we would all like to think we can trust a Dismember :sad1:

Which is exactly right. They can trace the ip back to his computer and then ban that computer.

:sad2: I had heard thru the grapevine that this person was being accused of scamming.

I wish you had some screens or maybe chat logs or PMs.

If you do please forward them to the moderators.- Thank you

A Dis Member held in high regard and who has been helped favorably by Hosts when it came to his being scammed came into my offer room today, saying A leader under his guest character would enter my room and trade stitch for my offer. The character Who i still have the Guest Number for came in and stole my stuff.

I'm truly appalled at the behavior of this Person who had the boards completely in his defense when the person was scammed and now has decided to scam themself.

This is an outrage! I will contact Mal, Lori, and Aengus with this person's title and I will see that justice be done.

I had a small chat with this person, he said it was not him, he said it was someone else and he thought it was " funny " that everyone " thought " it was him.........

and even if it wasn't him, he still took part and helped the scammer.

exactly this is a 2 person scam. If someone thinks they are not just as guilty for setting someone up, as the person who took the stuff they are sadly mistaken!

And I'm sure he will grown into a fine adult. Can anyone say, "Enron"?
It's for this reason I rarely trade with anyone anymore. I don't trust easily, as this person is not the first scammer to have made the Dis their home for trades.
As far as him stating that a guest was actually a CL playing on another account...never believe that! If that person were truly a CL, then he/she should have been there AS a CL. Not that it would necessarily stop any possible scam...
I do hope there is something done about all of these scams, SOON!

The worst thing, the very worst thing, was that I actually had the items worth a stitch hat. I've been trying since the first VMK christmas to get enough items to make that trade, and a year and a half of work goes up in smoke.
Congratulations buddy, You just ruined A Disney Dream. I sure hope you feel happy with yourself.

firstly i am so sorry for you, this so called GAME is getting real mean, well some people in it,as for the person[i think i got who],,why if he is innocent and people have asked him about it,as he not been on these boards and said so, if he knows what people are saying why has he not cleared his name, prehaps because he can not!!! shame on you ,shame shame shame

This makes me so mad! i cant believe he did that. I'm so so sorry! it is not fair not fair at all! ((((((HUGS))))))

I am so sorry to hear about this! I too was a victim of a 2 person scam, brother and sister act in my case! Anyhow in my case VMK caught up to them. All of their items were stripped and they were banned. However nothing was returned to me either. It was still gratifying that justice was served and they lost what they stole and cannot play anymore. Would you mind PMing me this low life's name as I would like to steer clear of the jerk! Again sorry about your stuff. Perhaps some of us could help out if we have something to spare?

And I'm sure he will grown into a fine adult. Can anyone say, "Enron"?

I do hope there is something done about all of these scams, SOON!

I went to High School with Andy Fastow of Enron fame!

There is something to do about all these scams! Nobody can "steal" your stuff without your participation.

1) Only do trades that can be completed in one transaction.
2) Do not lend anything to anybody that you would be sad to lose.
3) Take your time and confirm each time all the items in the trade.

While I will still hunt down the person responsible, Some Sunny Rays On my Cloudy Day.

Aengus (temporarily) has loaned me his Stitch Hat until the Matter is resolved.

LAVA BOY!! YOU ROCK!!

PS: Now that I have worn of the initial shock of such gratitude..
This is what Disney and VMK should be about. Generosity to fellow man, The providing of dreams, and believing that magic is possible.

I'm still hunting for those who attempt to ruin that magic for others.
Call Me... The Scammer Hunter

While I will still hunt down the person responsible, Some Sunny Rays On my Cloudy Day.

LAVA BOY!! YOU ROCK!!

This is what Disney and VMK should be about. Generosity to fellow man, The providing of dreams, and believing that magic is possible.

that is Awesome of Aengus!

See, it all turns out good in the end.

And im SURE if VMK does its job right, staff will come running to you with your stuff ;) :thumbsup2

Good luck!

Mike~SeaDiverMike

LAVA BOY!! YOU ROCK!!

Lava Boy is really truely wootastic woot lava boy, you rock!

I'm so so sorry this has happened to you . I can't believe someone would do that SHAME ON THEM!:sad2:

I went to High School with Andy Fastow of Enron fame!

There is something to do about all these scams! Nobody can "steal" your stuff without your participation.

1) Only do trades that can be completed in one transaction.
2) Do not lend anything to anybody that you would be sad to lose.
3) Take your time and confirm each time all the items in the trade.

Yes that would be great if the value of some items was not more than one trade window will allow.

I gift a lot my personal stuff and items that other DISers give me to give out to fellow DIS members...I have loaned numerous things the two years I have been playing and so far the lost of my inferno was the only thing that was never returned.

As a moderator I feel I should be able to trust most all of our members and unless members report other members when they are scammed we have no way of knowing who is scamming on the DIS.

I want to believe that all DIS members are good, honest and trustworthy players...I wear rose colored glasses most of the time.

Aengus you rock!:hug:

So will someone share with me the name of this insect. I would like to know the bug before they get squashed. But like most children today were are the parents to teach them any sort of values?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter